Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Markyjoe1990 presents: Haunted Castle No Continues run, THE MUSICAL!  (Read 12403 times)

Offline theshiz

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Markyjoe1990 presents: Haunted Castle No Continues run, THE MUSICAL!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
whenever you do anything and put it on the internet there will always be haters and you should just ignore them.  you're just giving him fuel replying.

Anyway I'm jumping in to let you know I enjoyed it and hope to catch the other levels you do.

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »
whenever you do anything and put it on the internet there will always be haters and you should just ignore them.
Now that is what I call a gem of wisdom.

Anyhow, I'm not trying ruin your thread Marky even though it kinda looks that way. I think what I saw was a little subpar and wanted to call it out, and you wanted to understand why. There will be those looking forward to your next video. Have fun.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »
I'm basing my suggestions off some of the other youtubers out there who tend to go over the top with effort, but those are just my biased expectations in terms of overall video composition.
Check out Angry Joe. Here's someone I watch because he makes great reviews, and pretty darn funny overall.
http://angryjoeshow.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryJoeShow

Gaddamn that dude's shit is boring. :o

It looks like what you expect out of Markyjoe is "more of the same YouTube shit that everybody does," which has never been good, IMO.

And that's not counting AVGN, because AVGN is awesome. There's just a certain "popular YouTube style" that's easy to pick out but I can't really explain, but I hate it, and it's what most of the popular channels are like.

Anyway, Sparky Marky, dug the video and looking forward to the following parts. *insert thumbs-up emote here*
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »
I lol'd a lot, nice job, dude! :)

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
It looks like what you expect out of Markyjoe is "more of the same YouTube shit that everybody does," which has never been good, IMO.

Yeah well I did mention twice that it was my bias for expecting a certain sort of quality out of his videos. That's just me and that's my issue. Why you're repeating it, I have no idea. However that's NOT the glaring issue that I felt with his video.  I already explained what I didn't like but it's obvious this is a classic case of friends looking out for one another, thus eliminating a fair criticism. Look at the first post on this page. Somebody joined the forum last night just say I was a "hater" for not approving of Markyjoe's video? Seriously?

The biggest problem here is that praise is the anticipated answer and I happened to reply in contrary to what was expected. I don't care if he's your friend it doesn't make him immune to criticism. Hell criticism is just as good as praise, and in some ways better because it highlights the areas in which we are lacking.
Angry Joe may not be amusing to you, thank you for proving my point. It all boils down to a matter of preference and that's what I've been trying to say. Markyjoe's video wasn't amusing to me, a fair and realistic observation.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
I don't think I've ever posted in response to Markyjoe before this thread, so there goes your "friend" theory. :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Sinful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
Hey wait a second, he my firend! :o ... Well not really, I just respect his work I seen for Super Castlevania 4 challenge and now this one... but regardless, could this be a bias reason to why I defended him?... You never know, bias creeps up everwhere? ...

Anywho, I guess since we still like to talk about this, I think I will mention what I wanted to quickly say yesterday?... Green Stranger, when you came with your suggestions, it always came off to me like you came up with them as a ways of defending yourself. As they had no rhyme or reason as to why they needed to be applied to markyjoe1990 videos? Maybe others seen it as this too? And maybe we're all wrong too? (Hey, misunderstanding happen all the time, thus we should never believe we know everything for sure) But, it's maybe the reason why some of us are replying in a more negative tone? Or something similar to what I'm saying? ... But whatever, I say we drop all this to misunderstandings and avoid all this, as it's not all that big a deal anyways. And you don't have to like these videos and have an explanation as to why you don't or do either. Nor do you have to feel guilty for it. You don't like it, that's cool, at least you're honest about it. That's all that's important.

As for me, I have no place in this topic anymore until I play this game more. Laters... unless we still like to argue about? >_> (Yea, feed, the monster, feed the monster! I'M A MONSTER!!!)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »
This is the best thing ever.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
Markyjoe1990@ you and your friend did a good job on the timing of your singing and it was also funny to boot! When's the next one?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
+1
Markyjoe1990@ you and your friend did a good job on the timing of your singing and it was also funny to boot! When's the next one?
Both voices are me.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
Both voices are me.

Well this makes it all the more convincing! When's the next one?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
Well this makes it all the more convincing! When's the next one?
Beats me. I have fifty billion personal projects going on. It's rather frustrating to keep track of it all.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
I lol'd  ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »
Here comes the thread necromancer!

I found the video pretty funny and the well-synchronised singing was great. Hope we'll get the next parts soon.

Tags:

anything