Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Germain and Leon  (Read 15977 times)

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Germain and Leon
« on: September 24, 2007, 03:31:57 PM »
Iga has a habit of characters with either very important pasts of presents left unattended to. We already all have the wondering thought," In curse of darkness, shouldn't we have seen at least something regarding Sypha Belnades, or Grant Dinasti?" But most of all the things that make me wonder are?

So what about Germain? I know, I'm questioning way before I should, and perhaps it'll get covered, but can someone give me speculations on where you think he might pop up again? And similar as him, do you think Iga will ever introduce Leon in another Castlevania? It'd be a shame not to. That, or at least a Dracula that someone recognizes as a Matthias, therefore hinting to the origin of the whole deal.

Still, all ideas are welcome, just be courteous in your post. Too much bitching and insulting around here. :-X

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
I think that if we see st.Germain again it will be in the 1999 battle.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
Maybe he'll show up in the new DS game?

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »
+1
Maybe he'll show up in the new DS game?

That'd be cool, Leon is my favorite Belmont.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Germain and Leon
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
What if Germain is an older version of Leon, who happened to discover time travel?  LMAO

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
Eh. St. Germaine will probably be back.

In curse of darkness, shouldn't we have seen at least something regarding Sypha Belnades, or Grant Dinasti?"

In the CoD manga Ayami Kojima provided, you do see at least the silhouettes of Grant, Sypha and Alucard with Trevor. It isn't much, but still...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 04:34:01 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 04:52:52 PM »
Grant has no connection to the Belmont's or Dracula's castle.  He was just a warrior fighting the bad guy.  His only real connection would be that he knows Trevor.  IGA stated in an interview that Grant would be helping the people of Wallachia rebuild all that was destroyed during the war.  Likewise Sypha was probably at home tending to a lil Belmont baby.  In that time period you had kids very very shortly after marriage.

St. Germain... I loved this character, but it will be completely ruined if he is never used again.  If he does not pay a big part in at least the 1999 battle I will be very disapointed.

Leon... He was kind of referenced in PoR wit the greatest 5 attack (the lack of Christopher really pissed me off).  And in the Castlevania comic book miniseries you see a statue of who is obviously Leon in the Belmont tomb.  I do hope to see him in some way, referenced of course, in the 1999 battle.  Or in the Castlevania animated movie, as it chronicles the chapter right after LoI.

In DoS there is a portrait of Dracula, obviously modeled after Mathias's character design in LoI.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:06:01 PM »
Quote from: Jerkofwonder
And in the Castlevania comic book miniseries you see a statue of who is obviously Leon in the Belmont tomb.

Sounds cool.. have any scans of that?

I wonder by 1999 if Dracula still even remembers Leon.. he seems to be going senile nowadays  :'(

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 07:39:48 PM »
In Reply To #8
I don't have it here right now...  But I can post up a scan tomorrow.  It also has paintings that are tributes to the cover art of Cv1 and 3... even though Simon is 100 years after Christopher...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:42:49 PM by Jerkofwonder »

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
I guess it's kind of cheesy, but I think that Saint Germaine is some sort of angel or some kind of holy being there to keep Death in check. I guess sort of to balance things out, the Holy counterpart to Death perhaps. He is supposed to be a Saint after all and he is pretty much following Death around the whole time.

As for Leon, I don't really know what else he would do. Maybe just go around hunting more demons and vampires? Maybe if they did a game with his son or grandson or something and he trained them with using the vampire killer. But I don't think he should be used as the main character again, as much as I like him.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »
In Reply To #10
Saint Germian is a time traveler.  We already know this.  I'm guessing that something will happen in the 1999 games that will require him to go through the timeline for one of two reasons...

1.  Dracula messes with the past some how to make himself stronger.  And Germain has to go "fix" everything.

2.  (and I like this idea better) Germain is sent to view some of the past defeats of Dracula to see some way of destroying him once and for all.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »
In my opinion and from what I gather, Germaine is a time traveler who either participated in or knows about the Battle of 1999, and either went back in time to learn how to defeat Dracula better or gain insight, or to prevent a possible catastrophe that could have messed up the Battle of 1999 in horrible ways. (encouragement to Hector perhaps?)

He's modern, you can tell. My guess is a scientist of some sort who may or may not be affiliated with the church near 1999.

Leon I don't think could fit anywhere else in the timeline, except for flashbacks or tributes. He's the progenitor of the Belmont line...let's leave it at that.

S10nett

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 08:43:27 AM »
Alot of interesting ideals here. I liked Germain too, he added a sense of, dog somethings not right with you being here. And the fight with him was cool to.

But, do you think maybe Saint Germain may infact turn out to be a evil character just because, who can time travel? Could time travel be considered part of the arcane arts? And maybe, with no one keeping tabs ON his travels he's going back through time himself gaining information on how to build his own dark army and infact spying out who might be a threat to him: namely the Belmonts.

Or hey, maybe Germains trying to get his hands on the Ebony and Philosophers stone? Hm.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:46:55 AM by S10nett »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »
In Reply To #12
Hey!  You said the same thing as me... Face it sindra... It's just meant to be... <3

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »
In Reply To #13
I doubt he'll be evil...  He reminds me of a Disney character.

Tags:

anything