Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PETA beefin with mario LOL  (Read 7783 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:33:06 PM »
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/peta-slams-mario-over-fur-suit-211025773.html

On Monday, the controversial organization issued a press release attacking iconic Nintendo mascot Mario for wearing a 'Tanooki' suit in his latest adventure, the Nintendo 3DS game Super Mario 3D Land, which hit shelves on Sunday.

"Tanooki may be just a "suit" in Mario games, but by wearing the skin of an animal, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur," PETA says.

"Tanukis are real-life raccoon dogs who are beaten and, as PETA's undercover exposés show, often skinned alive for their fur," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "This winter, everyone can give raccoon dogs and other fabulous animals a 1-UP by keeping our wardrobes fur-free."

To help prove their point, PETA has even commissioned a crude parody video game called "Super Tanooki Skin 2D" in which players try to re-capture their skin from a flying Mario (Warning: Kind of disturbing, and totally not fun.)

frivolous suit is frivolous?!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
Never mind the fact that Mario got the suit from a magical leaf and that particular power-up has existed since years ago.
Oh, and does this belong in the Hardcore Gaming Discussion section, Jorge?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:53:28 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
R we forgetting about the Frog Suit?! rofl

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: PETA beefin with mario LOL
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
Nintendo should respond with an official statement on Marios costumes that would be pretty funny
or better yet they should just find some kind of legal angle and sue PETA's sad troll faced Butt but then that would probably suit PETA just fine, think of all the publicity they would get.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:26:37 PM by C Belmont »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:43:33 PM »
Deliver a tanuki fur coat to PETA's office with a leaf attached to it.
They're quite popular on eBay, albeit a tad pricey.

He doesn't wear a tanuki suit, he becomes a tanuki himself, requit with the ability to turn into a Jizo statue. Humans can't turn into Jizo statues, only tanuki. Hence, it's obvious Mario is no longer a human wearing a tanuki suit but an actual tanuki with a disturbing Italian plumber face.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:45:05 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »
I'll move it to HG101.
Good topic, though.

I'm pretty much with BrentalFloss on this one:
RANTalfloss: Mario in PETA Land
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 11:12:22 PM »
The stupid flash game on the PETA site made me think "Mario meets Silent Hill."

. . . . Somebody make a ROM hack of this!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 12:30:24 AM »
Wow, you know in cartoons when they show overly exaggerated hippie activists that are batshit crazy in their protests, PETA is kinda like the real version of that! PETA's shenanigans are like real-life toons, to the point that you can say, "Wow, anything Family Guy or South Park can do to rip on PETA in an over-the-top way is ACTUALLY pretty damn near the truth!". One of those cases truth is stranger than fiction.

Yeah, groups that are so cartoonish like PETA(and Westboro Baptist Church) always seem like abstract existences in our world, like gross living exaggerations that have somehow sprung to life. Living comic strips. It would be walking down the street and seeing a stick figure pass by you.  :D It's like the fabric of reality is so weak, comic exaggerations are springing to life!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:32:39 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 02:13:03 AM »
All this talk and not one direct link to the game itself? lol, why not? It's golden.

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/Default.aspx
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 03:21:14 AM »
All this talk and not one direct link to the game itself? lol, why not? It's golden

More like it's crimson
Check out there other game Super Chick Sisters it's actually surprisingly well made but the best part is that it borrows so heavily from Mario that you even get to parade around in the skin of a slaughtered sea kitten how great is that? sheesh what a bunch of hypocrits

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 03:24:45 AM »
OMG......... it's an actual game? Nintendo should sue their asses fort copyright infringment.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 03:45:52 AM »
It's a really schmidty game but strangely addicting. There's something seriously disturbing about the graphics and music and just the whole idea behind it, however; and I'm the guy who watches rape/revenge and horribly gruesome horror films.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:02 AM »
Awww. Silly PETA.

I remember a few years back, hearing something about how they hated Mario because he used Yoshi as a steed and was therefore considered a pet, or something. I think they made a game out of that, too...can't remember for sure.

I do remember when they tried to get a town named Fishkill to change their name to something less violent toward fish. Although I think "kill" in that case is Dutch for "creek." PETA's funny like that.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
It's a really schmidty game but strangely addicting. There's something seriously disturbing about the graphics and music and just the whole idea behind it, however; and I'm the guy who watches rape/revenge and horribly gruesome horror films.
You'd be surprised at how unnerving things can be in videogames. i.e. Eversion.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: