Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)  (Read 486636 times)

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Judgement for Wii is a FIGHTER!?!?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 03:20:16 AM »
Im glad their tryin somethin new and on a good console for such experiments.

Hear hear, Aridale.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 03:24:45 AM »
let me be the first here to say, that i found soul calibur's gameplay to be absolutely horrible and uninspired.

the only good fighter is a 2d gameplay fighter in my opinion, so unless it plays like street fighter, ggx or such in 3d with qcf/qcb/etc motions for special moves, i'm not holding my breath.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 03:57:19 AM »
Why does it matter if he's any good at making fighting games?! The point is that they're destroying Castlevania! (Though, on the other hand, he wasn't much good at 3D games OR side scrollers, so maybe this'll be good for him!)

I DON'T BELIEVE THEY CAN DO THIS! It must be illegal! Iyt's...it's...GGGGGGAAAAAUUUUURRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!  :o :'( :P

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »
Why does it matter if he's any good at making fighting games?! The point is that they're destroying Castlevania!
Even more on-topic:  He spent years destroying Castlevania in 3D *and* not proving that he's good at making fighters (unlike a certain somebody else who quit their job and should replace Iga, in my view).

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2008, 04:21:22 AM »

Uhm, you people are going on about this like it's the end of the world or something. Cheer up, it's only a game. I doubt Castlevania will become a fighting series just because they're doing something different for the Wii. Don't worry, your 2D sidescrolling rehashes will be back.. over.. and over.. and over again.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2008, 04:29:01 AM »
Man you guys are some fuckers! All you bitch about is how CV needs to change the old metroidvania style is old and lame and itll never be as good as SoTN and then we find out were gettin a game takin CV in a completely new direction, not just look but also genre, and all you do is bitch some more.

While I'd rather this be a beatem-up than a fighter...

I don't think this is what people were looking for with a "new direction". Because this has little to do with Castlevania other than the characters and some of the settings themselves. But where the characters are concerned they didn't even take the original designs into consideration. Those hardly look a THING like our beloved cast. Simon's the only decent one.

This will play nothing like Castlevania, as well. No platforming, likely no plot (this would entirly screw with the timeline)... probably no jumping either. At least you have sub-weapons...

Anyway, I'm glad their tryin somethin new and on a good console for such experiments. I think it looks cool so far and very much like Soul Calibur. And lets face it if there was a fighter CV should be like its that one.

If it plays anything like Soul Calibur it could be the best thing to happen to the series since SoTN. It might just be the kick in the ass the series needs to get back up there with the likes of MGS Halo and DMC etc.

Yes, Soul Calibur would be a nice template to work from, but Konami doesn't have the same kind of experience under its belt that Namco does where 3D fighters are concerned. It is highly unlikely it will reach anywhere close to the polish that SC recieves, based on this. You can't teach 13 years of experience in a measely year or two afterall.

It's possible it will be more akin to the boss fights of the 3D CV games. (Where you can run and jump, dodge and toss subs), but this would be very hard to emulate for 2 player purposes due to a need for a blanced camera and attacks that could connect from far away.

In other words, it might be more like a Power Stone type... or to a lesser degree Smash Bros. I would rather it be so, actually. This way you could also have some platforming in the form of obstacles to jump on.

Bonus that the monsters interfere, but I'm still gonna hold off hope for this until we get more info. As of now I am still in shock and disbelief and notvery confident that IGA can really pull this off right.

I don't think I'll ever be happy with the new character design direction.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 04:33:29 AM »
So ... umm...

Why do none of the other sites or mags talk about this game?

Offline impulse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 05:03:01 AM »
O_O... yeah, I've always been one to stand up for Iga, I think he's done alot of good, but if he's behind this, well.. have at you!

Seriously, this is not the Castlevania I know. It's just whoreing out the series imo, trying to increase it's popularity by any means.

I might not have been THAT bad, if it weren't on the wii (furthermore underlining the fact of gaining popularity at any cost). Now listen, I do own a Wii, but I think it's entirely the wrong console for this game, or any other CV game. Personally I emphasize gameplay way over graphics, but this game looks like a bad ps2 title (nevermind the random generic character designs). It's throwing the beauty which CV is known for out the window.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2008, 05:31:11 AM »
In Reply To #68

This is most likely not canon, what with the anachronistic characters and the like, so let's not worry.

I'm keeping neutral about this one.  I cannot get into SoulCalibur or any of those fancy 3D fighters (I just don't have the 'eye' or whatever for it).

However, if it only looks 3D but is rather 2D, it might be OK.

RICHTERX!!!!   You better not spam like you do with Ike!!!
Just kidding, :P :P :P **Uses Game&Watch against Ike**
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2008, 05:45:05 AM »
In Reply To #69

Sorry no Game and Watch for you this time ;)

No IKE for RichterX either :P

However, there will likely be lag. So, y'know... you got that to look forward to.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2008, 06:56:22 AM »
1v1
No Sub-Weapons
Final Destination
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »
What was Konami thinking? Why would Iga even think to do this. Castlevania 64 wasn't bad! If they had to make a Wii Castlevania, couldn't they remake that or Legacy of Darkness, just adding more levels and characters? I would've expected something like that, but this was unpredictable. Legacy of Darkness is awesome, I'd be content with that!

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »
Lol Okay Antraxx, Jorge. AETHER TIME! I just want some over the top super moves for this game, then I'll love it like my own. =P
Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
Quote from: DragonSlayr81

She's a damn Gothic Lolita!

But that's not a problem! I think she looks good! Just not like the Maria Renard I've come to know and love...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
Lol Okay Antraxx, Jorge. AETHER TIME! I just want some over the top super moves for this game, then I'll love it like my own. =P

Damn, if it was the ForwardB, I could use the BACON against it! XD

Yeah if it has online play and over-the-top sillyness/lulzworthy moves I might get it... but the CVFanboy within will still scream bloody murder.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:26:49 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: