Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045638 times)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1575 on: June 01, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

About asynchronous multiplayer, yeah, I would prefer online multiplayer. It seems that it will be like in Dark Souls, where you can see how people died and leave hints, but without being able to invade or summon players.

I think it's a pretty nice feature that people can use to improve their skills in certain areas. I imagine it's also incredibly useful for speedrunners.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1576 on: June 01, 2015, 10:22:50 AM »
+1
The kickstarter of Iga-san sure has the dumbest and most expensive
Stretch Goals and every of these stretch goals are 250.000 dollars each?
For God sake be creative ask stretch Goals like Humungeos Castle after Biggest Castle(15 hours of gameplay would be perfect)
with bigger areas each! Or more bosses and enemies. Ask for a new composer or concept artist.
Not stupid cheat modes and asynchronous crap which is cheap to implement but asking too much

Wow, but you really do seem to only have negative things to say about this game.  Give it a break.  Like Lelygax has said, they're being realistic with the goals.  Better that and do things well then overstretch and fail to deliver, prompting complaints.  Yeah, on the 'multiplayer', having online full multiplayer features for a limited number of players playing different characters simultaneously would be great as an extra feature, what they're offering also sounds good.    I'd rather see the game be as of high quality as it can be.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1577 on: June 01, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »
+1
The kickstarter of Iga-san sure has the dumbest and most expensive
Stretch Goals and every of these stretch goals are 250.000 dollars each?
For God sake be creative ask stretch Goals like Humungeos Castle after Biggest Castle(15 hours of gameplay would be perfect)
with bigger areas each! Or more bosses and enemies. Ask for a new composer or concept artist.
Not stupid cheat modes and asynchronous crap which is cheap to implement but asking too much
Oh hey, someone with 0 or almost no experience in game development talking about shit he doesn't knows!
None of the stretch goals costs the amount they are unlocked. Asynchronous and cheat modes don't cost 250k to implement. They are just incentives to people keep putting their money in.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1578 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
It's amusing when people are already dissing "IGAs biggest castle" because they've decided it's too small. Before they've even seen it.

"I'm gonna make the biggest game I've ever made!" usually makes people excited. But not anymore. "Biggest ever" is waaaay too small for them, almost insulting in fact!

I usually get 12-15 hours total out of IGAs games so I don't see why this - being 25% larger than the older games - won't top that. For me, that is. I don't rush through things.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1579 on: June 01, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »
I JUST REALIZED THAT MASTER MIGHT POSSIBLY BE ALUCARD. AND VOICED BY ROBERT BELGRADES. *dies*
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1580 on: June 01, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »
+1
Quote from: JohnSnow73
I would Like to ask which Crime did the PS3 do?
Why no PS3 port?

the ps3 & x360 is outdated technology. by 2017 it will be utterly useless, a glorified paperweight (and tbh even the ps4/xbox1 are starting to show their age as well despite being farely recent. there are PCs that shit all over the ps4/xbone specs since last year)

just save up & buy a ps4, its cool to hold onto old systems for nostalgia but youre kidding yourselves if u guys still think current-gen games should be ported to past-gen hardware

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1581 on: June 01, 2015, 03:49:09 PM »
It's amusing when people are already dissing "IGAs biggest castle" because they've decided it's too small. Before they've even seen it.

"I'm gonna make the biggest game I've ever made!" usually makes people excited. But not anymore. "Biggest ever" is waaaay too small for them, almost insulting in fact!

I usually get 12-15 hours total out of IGAs games so I don't see why this - being 25% larger than the older games - won't top that. For me, that is. I don't rush through things.

Maybe people these days are so obsessed that they to receive an IGA's clone as a gift for buying the game. Like Richter, they want the battle to last for all eternity.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1582 on: June 01, 2015, 04:54:09 PM »
Keep in mind that this game will be at least two years out from now.....IGA and crew are probably just thinking realistically and anticipating PS3 and XBox 360 will most likely be obsolete by then. (sadly  :( )

True. Also the WiiU out-specs the PS3 and Xbox360 pretty hard in the one area that will really count for this game: RAM.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1583 on: June 01, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »
New update up. Help choose a familiar design for them.

Familiars are back

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1584 on: June 01, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »
Only one familiar will get in game.

Special Abilities are back. Nothing overpowered, I hope. Shit made the game (SOTN) a cakewalk, needing to use artificial limitations to even have a semblance of difficult.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1585 on: June 01, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »
Reaper Familiar looks the coolest, IMO!

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1586 on: June 01, 2015, 07:20:56 PM »

I got more than a hundred hours for each of the GBA/DS IGAvanias. I don't stop until I have everything, all the drops in the bestiary, everything maxed, ect.

In Aria, for example, I maxed out all the items, since the max cap for everything is a single digit. I also had maxed gold and maxed level. Maxing gold in Aria of Sorrow, while having maxed soul eater rings, isn't the easiest thing to do, but I was younger and my parents didn't buy me more games.

I feel like I should be expecting to play Bloodstained for a veeeeeeery long time. I see some people talk about the game only lasting 10 - 15 hours, and I wonder if they're planning on beating it once, then tossing it.

Personally, if IGA says the game will be large, I'm thinking it's going to be colossal.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1587 on: June 01, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »
Like Richter, they want the battle to last for all eternity.

We need a level editor so that can be true.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1588 on: June 01, 2015, 10:35:55 PM »
WOW NEW UPDATE IS UP see it for yourself but no way awesome update thnxs IGA you are back for sure.

Update 15: Special Attacks, plus Something Familiar
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1249275

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1589 on: June 02, 2015, 02:22:19 AM »
+1
@Castle Pokemetroid: I think I also clocked in more than 100 hours in Aria and Dawn due to several playthroughs with 100% completion on both JP and NA versions (plus the mobile java versions too). I forgot what's my playtime status in the other igavanias. haha.
If he says this castle is 25% larger, then it would take a long time for a completionist like me to collect everything.

I am really digging the reaper familiar. We need Death to represent since he won't be an enemy this time.

Tags:

anything