Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My girlfriend is gone forever...  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 06:32:19 AM »
I'm so sorry, dude. I wish I could make it feel better, but having lost several people in my life I can relate somewhat. I won't pretend like the pain you feel will ever truly go away, but I can assure you that time will dull that pain.
Blessed be, brother.

PS- Do try to go to the funeral. It may be difficult and it may not seem like it now, but it will help provide you with some closure. Funerals are not for the dead, but for the living. Keep her in your thoughts and she will always be with you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:36:13 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »
Definitely go. You need closure. You need this for your conscious mind to come to the realization that she is not coming back, that it's not some bad joke. This is so important for you right now and it will help you deal with life later on down the road. But you know... Don't necessarily think of this as a funeral but more of a celebration of life. That's what we've always done with my family members. Talk about the thinks that made you happy being with her and if you find yourself needing to vent or release, then don't hold back. Lets those tears out, let go of whatever anger is gnawing away at you right now. Trust me and the guys here; You need this closure for yourself.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
What a tragic loss  :( :'(

I'm really sorry for you and her family Odin. All I can say is that I pray that both you and they eventually, in time, be healed of this pain.

You might want to seek some counseling. Whatever you do, don't bottle it up, find someone to talk to. No one is an island unto themselves, we all need contact. There is nothing "weak" in acknowledging that, and anyone who says so or implies it, is a moron. Do what you need to do to heal, just make sure that in your grief you don't cause others grief by acting out and harming yourself and/or others.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags: