Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Need help hooking my DS up online, Wifi adapter sucks  (Read 2508 times)

Offline DraimanBelieve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Need help hooking my DS up online, Wifi adapter sucks
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:18:14 AM »
So we have a Linksys Router with WPA security enabled.  As most know the DS takes only WEP and the wireless router that we have is not my router its my dad's.  He is unwilling to lower the security settings so my DS can access it.  So awhile ago I bought a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector.  It worked fine for quite awhile.  Out of nowhere it stopped working I have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it and that doesn't work.  I keep getting Error Code 52103 which means that I have a Firewall or something along those lines blocking it from accessing the internet.  I have disabled my Windows XP Firewall entirely and still get 52103. 

Is the router blocking my DS from accessing the USB Connector?  I am out of ideas for this and I want to get online with some of my games.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  I even tried calling Nintendo and got the same answer "Lower your security settings to WEP" its like "I can't".  Is it possible to buy a 2nd router and hook that up?  That would probably cause even more problems and complications.  I just want to get my DS online.

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Re: Need help hooking my DS up online, Wifi adapter sucks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:37:36 AM »
Don't look at me, I can't even connect on a WiFi connection at Starbucks. >_o
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:14:06 PM »
I'm not sure which ports the DS uses for its internet connection, but, if you find them, you could simply port forward them to your pc with the USB adapter.

Honestly though using WEP instead of WPA security settings for a home network wouldn't make a bit of difference. No one is going to sit outside your house with a laptop and take a few days to hack into your system. It just doesn't happen.

For say a government agency, like where I work, yeah, OK, I can see that. For a home network, its a little over kill.

LBPHeretic

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »
In Reply To #3

So, that was your car sitting out in front of my house for a week. I knew I should have called the police when I saw the satellite dish, atop your car's roof, aimed directly at my house. ;D

I agree with Uzo on this subject. Just, simply, use WEP Wi-Fi security encryption at home. Frankly, there are plenty of other completely open Wi-Fi connections just about everywhere for people to log on to. If they see your Wi-Fi connection is using WEP security encryption, more than likely, they won't even bother with it. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:49:02 PM by LBPHeretic »

Tags: