Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I'm new...sort'a  (Read 3638 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: January 18, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
Man I haven't been to this forum since 2002...maybe even before. For those of you who run the dungeon, you might remember me through my log on name; X. Anyhoo I'm writing in to see if anyone can help me with a small delema. If anyone knows how to get in contact Via E-mail to Igashi AKA IGA or can get me the E-mail to Konami of Japan it would really help out.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »
Cool name, wish I had thoughta that.

Unfortunately, the chances of IGA's e-mail being public knowledge is very slim (however I do recall him having a personal blog sometime back. Don't know if it's still active, though).

And no matter what you want to suggest or ask, KoJ/KoA's response will always be the same. Something along the lines of "Konami doesn't comment on rumor/speculation."

Good luck!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »
Oh I'm not looking into romors or speculation. I was more interested on what exactly IGA plans on doing with the series.
Mainly in terms of continuity. Since IGA has worked Bram Stoker's Dracula into the series I don't see how he can keep the Lement of Innocence story line intact without sacryfising continuity. So I just whanted to ask him on his thoughts about that. I've enjoyed playing the game but the story arc needs to be remideed in order to fit in with Bloodlines and Protrait of Ruin since those two game intertwine with Bram Stoker's noval.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »
Unfortunately I doubt you'd even get a response.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »
If it helps, Bloodlines mentions Quincy Morris killed Dracula single-handedly and was referenced by Jonathan to had used the whip (not sure), so I'm guessing Castlevania uses Super Creative License with Bram Stoker's book.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »
Well my beef with this topic is more'n less about Dracula's origins since Bram Stoker invented the king of vampires. So there is no way that I can se IGA's Matthias as being Dracula since the two stories have been worked into eachother. I am extremely passionate about the castlevania series and Like with other franchise favorets I don't like to see continuity messed up cause it just ruins it for me and pretty much everybody else. IGA's got to listen to his fans. they know what they want.

-X

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Re: I'm new...sort'a
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:23:33 PM »
The two could work, since Stoker never fully covered Drac's origins. It's possible Drac was a vampire long before he was Vlad the Impailer.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »
Welcome.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 01:56:12 AM »
Thanks for the invite Think Tank ^-^. I suppose lement's story line could be plausible, however IGA's going to have to be very cleaver and do a really damned good job in order to fully convince me. The only alternative I can see in terms of keep lement of innocence is that Matthias returnes later as stated in the story. But he doesn't emerge as Dracula but rather King Matthias of Hungary. This would be more historicly correct for the series since both Vlad and King Matthias were both around during that same time and even had a militia pact against the turkish armies. Vlad could've found out about the two stones (Ebony and crimson) That Matthias had, taken them for himself and while Matthias dies out from history Vlad is reborn as Dracula. On the other hand I do like the origins of the Vampirekiller whip.

-X

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »
In Reply To #9

The type of scenario you described has been thought of many times before, and while plausible, it isn't what happens. It's already confirmed that after LoI, Mathias goes into hiding meanwhile absorbing slain vampire souls and conducting sorcery. He decides to switch his name to a more threatening one, and eventually unleashes his wrath on humanity. Anything else to the contrary is just fan fiction.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 11:24:30 PM »
Unfortunetly yes however thinking otherwise does give me peace of mind. On the other hand I'm proud that IGA has actully brought in a female lead for Order of Ecclasia. Now hopefully we'll all see a female Belmont sometime in the near future. Lord knows I've been making character game sprites of such vampire slayers ^-^

P.S. I've also contributed artwork for the Metroid Database so if you haven't seen them, just look for the pics that have my name on them along with my pen name; X

-X

Tags: