Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 603207 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #645 on: August 13, 2013, 03:00:47 AM »
Puzzle games on ios: Blueprint3D HD, MiniPics, Blendamaze, Labyrinth 3D, The Magic Egg

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #646 on: August 13, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
Finally Dragon's Crown is out for the PSNetwork. Though I haven't played very much of it I can tell you that it's much more involved then D&D: Shadow over Mystara. You'll frequent back and fourth doing quests for the guild or whom ever else has requested your services, leveling up (of course), getting better weapons and such (and from what I've seen so far there's a lot), and there's a narrator who tells the story like an actual DM. He also reminds you of the current task you must do so you don't forget and thus avoiding the 'what the hell do I do now?' moments. However he does remind you a little too often.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #647 on: August 13, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »
Popped in Bayonetta again for the first time in a short long time.... By far one of my favorite action games of all time!! Eagerly awaiting a sequel.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #648 on: August 14, 2013, 07:53:45 AM »
I've played Missile Command from Atari on Youtube right now, for real!

How did you do that? Was an easter egg for youtube's geek week? Missile Command is one of the best Atari games imo.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #649 on: August 14, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »
+1
Yes, you should check my thread about Youtube's Geek Week :D

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6432.0.html
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #650 on: August 16, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
Played some Serious Sam: The First Encounter co-op yesterday and been playing a lot of Doom and Heretic. Chipping away at the old shovelware collection "Demon Gate: 666 New Levels for Doom and Doom II" so many awful 90s maps, but a few diamonds in the rough to. Historically interesting because you don't see many Doom-1 WADs outside of that year or so timespan between the release of Doom 1 and 2. So these early shovelware collections of Doom 1 maps are probably still fairly complete even today. Since Doom 2 added monsters, weapons (including the iconic double-barreled shotgun) and textures few have chosen to work on Doom 1 after Doom 2's release.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:24:57 PM by Ratty »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #651 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19:16 AM »
+1
Slotrevolution. Ohhhh yeah!!!!  ;D
Come on Konami bring in the Japan exclusive pachislots!

Offline VampireKillerOverlord

• DIE MONSTER!
    • Awards
« Reply #652 on: August 18, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
Right now I'm going with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. It's fun to play as enemy soliders, or at least ones you capture and recruit  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #653 on: August 21, 2013, 10:00:21 AM »
I purchased Saint's Row IV and played it for the better part of yesterday. Originall it was supposed to a DLC for Saint's Row: The Third but they decided to  go with a sequel instead. I think it could have been interesting had it gone either way.

(click to show/hide)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #654 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »
Wrong topic maybe, but it's kind of OK, since I was trying to play Duck Tales HD earlier, and it has no music and voices. I can do without voice acting, but I certainly won't play it without the music.
Anyone knows why and how to fix it?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #655 on: August 21, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
You should tell if you are trying to run it on a PC or console, if the case then which console? Maybe its a bad copy or crack. If you could open PMs for me, even if temporarily I could sent you something.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #656 on: August 21, 2013, 01:08:09 PM »
I have Duck Tales HD for PC and it plays fine.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
Rogue Legacy. I really enjoyed this at first, but trying to make it past two bosses beaten... I dunno. I feel like I'm plateauing at this point of the game no matter how I level my guys up. Every time I go in now, I die before I've gotten enough money to buy anything. It feels like the game is punishing me because I'm not grinding correctly or something. It's still addictive despite punching me in the nose for like 2 hours straight.

Also making my way through Ys 1 and 2 Chronicles.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:08:12 PM by Munchy »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #658 on: August 30, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »
Kingdom hearts: Birth by sleep. While it i didn't like much the first kingdom hearts games, this one has a lot of fun.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #659 on: August 31, 2013, 03:28:07 AM »
Best game ever (not quite but close), so keep playing. *SUDA51 fanboy waves his flag yet again*

Great game...just finished it. Played as Kevin most of the way, just for the steady aim and no reloads.

This is the second SUDA51 game I've ever played (Shadows of the Damned being the first one), and I've loved both of them. I can't believe I let Killer 7 sit on my shelf for 6 years before I even took the plastic wrap off of it...I think how people like to describe it as a "rail shooter" might've had something to do with it, though.

I recently broke out Super Mario 2 on a whim...I just got Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti and was originally intending to play that, but my damn Famicom Twin crapped out on me.  >:( Surprised with how well SMB2 still holds up to this day.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything