Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1046601 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1890 on: June 10, 2015, 09:12:01 PM »
...Both of you missed the part where I said:

(though with PayPal pledges we might have passed that)

Nope, I didn't. You missed the point since I was referring to these 2 KS campaings paypal pledges, not Bloodstained.

48 hours to go!

Iga is just such a nice and classy guy!  I mean, he didn't really answer the final question (about the 1999 game), but his answer was classy and respectful.  So cool!

Yes, atleast now I can rest in peace. He said it straight: unless he does the 1999 game, he will never talk about that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1891 on: June 10, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »
Nope, I didn't. You missed the point since I was referring to these 2 KS campaings paypal pledges, not Bloodstained.

In all fairness, it's pretty easy to misinterpret your post in thinking that by "their PayPal pledges", you mean Bloodstained's.

On top of that, in my initial post, I didn't count the PayPal money for any of them. Since as I previously stated, I have no idea how to see how much was pledged through PayPal.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:07:59 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1892 on: June 11, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
There's a very, very interesting comment on the last KS update, about the 5million roguelike goal. As much as I enjoyed games like Rogue legacy and Dungeon of the endless, I agree with this guy. That's not meant for a Castlevania, er, Igavania game, at all.

Quote from: Kryst Ange
I had a feeling people who do not understand game development would not understand why even if the roguelike dungeon were an extra/additional MODE, it would STILL affect how they go about building the pieces that make up their game map. I understand that they said they would only be adding features, but this is one feature that affects the development style, and ultimately the quality of the game itself. To fit pieces of the world map together so that they can be procedurally generated, it affects their size and shape, whether their ceilings and floors can or cannot be varied or different heights. To make the pieces fit together for that kind of play, the level construction "set" will have to limit the kinds of variety for those elements, or will have to use an entirely different set of assets and setpieces - which is unlikely due to their already massive workload. Either they design what they are building from the main game in mind which compromises design, or they make the roguelike use pieces that are totally different - which will make them not feel the same as in the main game, which would be preferable if a mode like this were to be included at all - but it increases their workload by a huge degree. Until there are firsthand statements and examples of how implementation of procedural levels will IN NO WAY affect how they design the world they are building, you'd better assume that the design will be some kind of compromise and that's not what I'd want to support. Between a feature like procedurally generated maps and them now having to build the biggest castle ever, this might end up becoming Cutandpaste Vania. In response to Rogue Legacy; I did not enjoy that game, or Risk of Rain, or the other games like it. Its not for everyone. I've seen MANY comments in this thread echoing that sentiment. The people who like Rogue Legacy can go play that game; games like that are being made; go play them if that floats your boat. But what the majority of supporters here are for, is a real Igavania to be made, without compromise. To pander to what is "trendy" now would be a great disservice to the vision and promise that was being originally proposed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:18:07 AM by LoneChild »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1893 on: June 11, 2015, 12:16:54 AM »
+2
IGA taking 1999 to his grave confirmed.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1894 on: June 11, 2015, 12:38:35 AM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
3rd Playbare character unlocked.... This could be Alucard will be AMAZING.

New update will show it soon. Guys... do we think we can reach the final strench goal?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1895 on: June 11, 2015, 12:40:19 AM »
Don't expect anything too much Castlevania-related. I'm pretty sure Konami awaits for the first IP problem to strike it down.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1896 on: June 11, 2015, 01:28:56 AM »
In all fairness, it's pretty easy to misinterpret your post in thinking that by "their PayPal pledges", you mean Bloodstained's.

On top of that, in my initial post, I didn't count the PayPal money for any of them. Since as I previously stated, I have no idea how to see how much was pledged through PayPal.

I don't know too, I googled a lot of news sites to get this info lol
Thats ok buddy. :P

There's a very, very interesting comment on the last KS update, about the 5million roguelike goal. As much as I enjoyed games like Rogue legacy and Dungeon of the endless, I agree with this guy. That's not meant for a Castlevania, er, Igavania game, at all.

This guy from the KS comment seems a bit paranoic IMO. Why do you think that its the last stretch goal (apart from trying to grab more money lol)? Because it seems to be the more difficult thing to do and the extra money will made it possible. Since it will be a extra mode I don't know why some people are being so negative, in fact some people were negative since they knew it would be ported to Wii U too.

I remember that some dungeonites said before that they would love a CV game with a castle that changes every time that you play and Im one of them, even more because if it doesnt be that fun, I still can enjoy the main game. ;D

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1897 on: June 11, 2015, 01:31:51 AM »
I don't think it'll compromise the main campaign. After all, it's the last stretch goal. Chances are with all that money, they can make levels specifically for that mode.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1898 on: June 11, 2015, 01:51:57 AM »
IGA taking 1999 to his grave confirmed.

Yeah. Well, at least all writers are free to do as they please with 1999. @plottwist: I told you so. :)

Why does the stream have to be on a Saturday morning.... zzzzzzz. I'll just catch the replay.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1899 on: June 11, 2015, 04:55:39 AM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
3rd Playbare character unlocked.... This could be Alucard will be AMAZING.

New update will show it soon. Guys... do we think we can reach the final strench goal?

Why do you think Alucard could be the third character? Konami would sue.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1900 on: June 11, 2015, 04:59:58 AM »
+1
Alucard's public domain, I believe. They could fit him in, but I highly doubt they'd put any character named Alucard in the game.

Bloodstained is now the highest-funded video game kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?category_id=35&sort=most_funded

Oh yeah, I guess I should trot out this old chestnut again:

http://nintendoeverything.com/lords-of-shadow-producer-believes-the-days-of-2d-castlevania-games-are-gone/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:12:04 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1901 on: June 11, 2015, 05:22:31 AM »
Yeah. Well, at least all writers are free to do as they please with 1999. @plottwist: I told you so. :)

I would have zero interest in some other guy's version of the story. Unless they used IGA's notes or something.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1902 on: June 11, 2015, 05:46:37 AM »

Quote from: Kryst Ange
I had a feeling people who do not understand game development would not understand why even if the roguelike dungeon were an extra/additional MODE, it would STILL affect how they go about building the pieces that make up their game map. I understand that they said they would only be adding features, but this is one feature that affects the development style, and ultimately the quality of the game itself. To fit pieces of the world map together so that they can be procedurally generated, it affects their size and shape, whether their ceilings and floors can or cannot be varied or different heights. To make the pieces fit together for that kind of play, the level construction "set" will have to limit the kinds of variety for those elements, or will have to use an entirely different set of assets and setpieces - which is unlikely due to their already massive workload. Either they design what they are building from the main game in mind which compromises design, or they make the roguelike use pieces that are totally different - which will make them not feel the same as in the main game, which would be preferable if a mode like this were to be included at all - but it increases their workload by a huge degree. Until there are firsthand statements and examples of how implementation of procedural levels will IN NO WAY affect how they design the world they are building, you'd better assume that the design will be some kind of compromise and that's not what I'd want to support. Between a feature like procedurally generated maps and them now having to build the biggest castle ever, this might end up becoming Cutandpaste Vania. In response to Rogue Legacy; I did not enjoy that game, or Risk of Rain, or the other games like it. Its not for everyone. I've seen MANY comments in this thread echoing that sentiment. The people who like Rogue Legacy can go play that game; games like that are being made; go play them if that floats your boat. But what the majority of supporters here are for, is a real Igavania to be made, without compromise. To pander to what is "trendy" now would be a great disservice to the vision and promise that was being originally proposed.

This is exactly why I do not want us to reach 5 million. Even if it is in it's own mode these design decisions will influence the rest of the game. I hate procedural generated maps like this. They will never have the soul of actual methodical design. Those types of games feel so lifeless and mechanical.

I feel in a way that classic mode could have a similar bleed back effect into the actual game, but not nearly as pronounced as this.

If classic mode and rouge mode were their own separate games, then sure. Those would be interesting. But trying to make this game a one size fits all will certainly reduce it to the lowest common denominator. The core experience will get lost in making all the rest work.

I'd say make classic mode the portable prequel game. Ditch rouge mode entirely.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1903 on: June 11, 2015, 05:48:38 AM »
I remember people saying we won't get to 5 million. Oh yes we will. We will probably get to 4.5 today. Already have 133,000 for today And with PayPal....we are only 600,000 or less away from it

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1904 on: June 11, 2015, 06:00:37 AM »
+1
Why are you guys even thinking about Alucard or friggin 1999 again?

Can't we be happy and content with Bloodstained as it's own thing?

Let the man turn the page on to a new chapter! Just be happy it's the metriodvania style of game. Asking for Castlevania characters or story lines is ridiculous. The Castlevania story got so fucked up. Iga getting to start a new story from the ground up is likely going to be way better anyways.

The worst monsters are human.

Tags:

anything