Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Next Castlevania????????????????  (Read 16252 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:18:49 AM »
I just wanted to share this thoughts with you guys.

From what i have seen and read in this forum, we have forgot about the new castlevania on DS. Even in his recent interview IGA, didn't say anythink about the new castlevania. Also we have heard a rumor about famitsu's revealing article at December's magazine, but nothing at all.

What i want to say is, that all this think it makes me anxious about to see the first available information about this game and also i love all this secrecy.

It reminds when i saw the first screens for aria of sorrow accidentally and i told to my self WTF? A new castlevania for GBA the same style as Symphony of The Night? This is awesome and in fact it was one of the best castlevanias that i have played after Symphony.

So, now i feel the same way about this new castlevania.

How about the rest of you guys? Do you feel the same or not? I just want to hear your opinions!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Next Castlevania????????????????
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:41:05 AM »
There won't be another game. W.S. Anderson's movie will come out and destroy the series once and for all.

Afterwards, Konami will release an animated DVD game using graphics based off LoI, in the vein of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Action Adventure.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:24:29 AM »
The movies won't destroy Castlevania. They didn't destroy Resident Evil....actually there hasn't been a true Resident Evil since Code Veronica....Oh no!

The next game will have Soma rescuing the president's daughter and Dracula won't be Dracula. We can only hope nobody sees the movie.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 06:24:58 AM »
Anderson is gone. If something, the animated cartoon by ellis will be what kills the series, since it's getting stupider and less castlevaniaosh each time he reveals something about it. :o

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 07:36:27 AM »
From what i read from you guys, i think that you misunderstand the meaning of this topic. ???

I don't want to hear about the movie >:(, but what you think is going to be the new castlevania on ds and how do you feel about it.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:16:04 AM »
There's nothing revealed at all about the ds title. If it's as bad as por I'm just gonna yarr it. Hopefully though it won't. Third time's the charm some people say, and in many game series the second one's the weakest one.

Let's hope por stays as the weakest ds title, I don't want the new game to do what por did only even worse. I'm sick of seeing the room layout i just saw a second ago for the 100th time, with stupidly placed enemies that are so easy even a retro belmont would have no problems with, let alone the super-powered ultra nimble hero of today. And also the palettes. Ugh, they're so bright and neony sometimes, even though this is not gba with no backlight anymore.

And I want more emphasis on extra modes too. Dammit iga/konami, if you're gonna steal ideas from cv64/lod, steal the extra mode setup instead of the cornell+ada plot. :o

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »
In Reply To #2, #3, and #4

The movies won't destroy the series, I'm sure they won't be that bad. But about the new DS title....well I'm just not excited about it. Face it, Serio. If it's on the DS it will be bad, like PoR. IMO, Castlevania just doesn't belong on the DS. Touch screen just ruins it. What we need is more PSP Castlevania's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:35:41 AM by CVfan13 »
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 10:22:03 AM »
A good game is a good game, it doesn't matter what the platform is.  Look at Contra 4.  It's a awesome game, fun, hard as hell, it doesn't use the touch screen, and it has great unlockables. 

It's all about the creators, and the people behind Contra 4 knew what they were doing.  Iga has had some great ideas and fun games, but he hasn't hit a home run since SotN.  Maybe it's just time for some new ideas in the producer's chair.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »
In Reply To #2, #3, and #4

If it's on the DS it willbe bad, like PoR. IMO, Castlevania just doesn't belong on the DS. Touch screen just ruins it. What we need is more PSP Castlevania's.

First of all I can't see how PoR was terrible like so many people claim. It's story wasn't terrible. The anime art sucked and the characters were way too anime but the game played exactly the same as every game since SotN.

Secondly, how can you say CV doesn't belong on a certain system? There was no use of the touch screen in PoR except the crappy sisters mode, which you don't even need to play. and the tocuh stuff in DoS wasn;t terrible. You make it sound like it's such a project to do. it was easy.

But, back to the topic. I think the next DS title is going to be something completly new that doesn't relate to any of the other games, so  you can't really get an idea of what to expect. I doubt it's going to be a sequal like the last few new games were (excluding DXC since it's a remake). Curse of Darkness, Dawn of Sorrow, and Portrait of Ruin are all sequals of previous games and I think the next will just be a completly new story revolving around new characters.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
I don't care what system it's on really. (I would prefer DS because the psp has that annoying ghosting) Everytime they talk about the new game they say the same stuff and it all amounts to nothing. I don't care about the artwork because I didn't really like either styles.(I liked the anime yoko better though because she didn't look like an insane person drew her.) It doesn't matter to me about it having the same team as PoR since there aren't any major differences between it and the other castlevania games. Anyone who doesn't realize this is lost. Im not going to make a big deal about repeated maps/portraits (...kinda odd people hate the second portraits but it is ok to have two identical castles in HoD...) or extra modes. All I care about is having fun with a simple game which is what castlevania style playing is all about. Hopefully they put some info out but until then im not going to be stalking Igarashi.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Dawn of Sorrow was pretty good and it was on the DS. Serio, didn't thou like DoS? I remember you ripping sprites from it, like Yoko and stuff :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »
Yeah but I said por sucked, not dos didn't I? :o

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 02:47:05 PM »
I think DS is capable of having a good looking CV game, but I don't think the team has taken advantage of how far they could push the system. I think they could do more. There are some BRILLIANT looking 2D games for DS. Some that can rival SotN in terms of detailing and colors. It seems like right after SotN, Konami's been playing catch up with themselves. It was like one big HIT and the meter went down and they have to work their way up again, which is pretty strange, if you ask me.

Also, I've never understood IGA being crazy over every new "gimick system" per title. He seems to have his team focus on the gimicks over the story and everything else. That's why I always have to ponder why IGA believes a story's date in the timeline has to revolve around a gimick rather than vice versa. I mean, could the Innocent Devil system NOT be used any other time besides right after CV3? Any good writer can come up with anything to fit the story perfectly. It always seemed to me that IGA comes up with the system, then blindfolds himself and randomly places his finger on the timeline. "Ah, the FUTURE!". I don't think there's that much of a need to be dramatic in choicing when a CV game takes place. That's probably why some of the past CV games lack a deep story, or at least a semi-deep story. And I find it consideringly strange seeing that IGA started off as a scenario writer for Tokimeki Memorial, his background being IN stories. He should've focused on that more than the gimicks!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »
IGA started off as a scenario writer for Tokimeki Memorial, his background being IN stories. He should've focused on that more than the gimicks!

he did in LoI and it was pretty good up until the end where it's like he was in a rush and just decided to make Mathias Dracula instead of giving us a cooler explanation.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 12:16:02 AM »
I like the way that some of you think and IMO, i think this time is going to be a totally new game. The only thing left, is to see what IGA has in his plans.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: