Poll

What is your opinion of Konami?

I strongly approve!  :-D
I approve.  :-)
I disapprove.  :-(
I strongly disapprove.  >:-(
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest.  :-S

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami's Approval Rating  (Read 94369 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:15 AM »
I hate how any orchestrated scores that people dont like get comparisons of "so lord of the rings" when it sounds nothing like it.

And Im not just saying it because I like the LoS soundtrack. (as repetitive as it might be, the tracks themselves are still nice)  I say it as someone who has heard the LoTR soundtrack. They are nothing alike.

In MY ideal world, I would like both. Both are good at making music, and Id love to have both on board.
Maybe because they liked it?
Is it THAT hard to imagine people liking this game? I mean lets face it, the majority of the people who dont like it are the hardcore CV fanbase. the kind that dislike change.

I like changes. But changes for better, not changes for the worst.

LoS is a good action game, but not a good Castlevania game.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »
What is your opinion of Konami?

In the toilet. I selected the third option.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2011, 02:21:05 AM »
I still approve Konami.

I liked LoS and its music. And there's still time (GamesCon and TGS - before the end of September) to announce something for the 25th Anniversary. The only thing that bothered me a bit this year was the two tribute albums, though half of the track sound good (but I really don't like the other half).

And since the beginning of 2010, we had LoS, HD, two albums, some audio dramas, (Pachislot 2 LOL), etc. That's kinda great. Now, it may be time for Contra or MGS, since the last game was released in early 2010 and was a PSP game (not a HD game, I mean). Castlevania will be back in its time. The video game industry is a synonym for "long wait". Plus Japan had the horrible earthquake this year, let's give them some time.

However, if Konami does nothing for the Anniversary or does not announce something new for CV soon (at least a MS game/LoS sequel), I'll be disappointed and change my mind.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2011, 06:56:06 AM »
Except for many people, these are changes "for the worst" because it doesnt involve Michiru Yamane, Ayami Kojima, or the atmosphere of the IGAverse. All people want is the same they know, and dislike that it went in a COMPLETELY different direction, not being a slave to the other universe.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2011, 08:45:47 AM »
Oy, I can't stand Araujo. Everything was just so...generic. Yamane had a gorgeous gothic vibe about her work, and it screamed "this is Castlevania." Yuzo Koshiro did great work on the Portrait soundtrack with her as well. Araujo's stuff is largely forgettable and just distances me from the game rather than immersing me into it, because I've heard it a million times before.

Just my 2 cents...

100% agree. Yamane stated she studied the older tracks and feeling of the series very hard when she got signed on to her first Castlevania project, Bloodlines. It shows. Her music fit right in, and made a logical and smooth progression from one era to the next.

Araujo clearly didn't take the same approach at all.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2011, 09:03:20 AM »
Except for many people, these are changes "for the worst" because it doesnt involve Michiru Yamane, Ayami Kojima, or the atmosphere of the IGAverse. All people want is the same they know, and dislike that it went in a COMPLETELY different direction, not being a slave to the other universe.

Except this isn't true. I don't see people bitching about the Tomb Raider remake. It's the universe re-imagined and most of the people (even old fans of the saga) are liking what they see so far. That's because even with a new setting, they still have respect for the older titles, and use them as inspiration.

Asking for people to forget about the older titles of their favourite franchise is a stupid thing to do, no one does that. And when they don't see what they expected on the new game/re-imagination, they'll bitch (and they ARE right). All the reasons and problems the fans point here are valid points, and if they want these older fans to like the game, they have to address them. (as a matter of fact, I'll not believe what David Cox says anymore, because the game isn't anything like he said).

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »

LoS is a good action game, but not a good Castlevania game.

This sums up my thoughts ^^^

Change can sometimes be a good thing assuming it is changed in the right way.

And in my opinion Lords of Shadow did not reinvent the CV series in the right way.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »
Except this isn't true. I don't see people bitching about the Tomb Raider remake.
Different fanbases are different beasts. Just look at the Sonic Fanbase.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »
Just look at the Sonic Fanbase.

And whats wrong with the sonic fanbase exactly?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
And whats wrong with the sonic fanbase exactly?

That's a joke, right?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
That's a joke, right?

No not really.

I am part of the Sonic fanbase so I fail to see any severe problem with it.

It has not had a reboot like CV so I am just wondering why it is even being brought up in the first place.

Surely you guys are not refering to the (Sonic Cycle).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
No, we mean the Sonic Fanbase. Uzo can explain.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
No, we mean the Sonic Fanbase. Uzo can explain.

Do you mean the Classic and Modern fan divide?

If so that is actually being rectified with the announcement of Sonic Generations which will surely please both.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
Nope, it won't. Just read SonicRetro forums and prepare for a world of bullshit and nitpicking.

It's just like this forum... but the fanbase there is much, much crazy than here. D:

Tags: