Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!  (Read 54601 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 10:34:09 PM »
+1
Why don't they just focus on making better games and giving a better use of the franchise they own?
DLC is just some extra part we don't really care much for.

By the way, that artwork is awesome!
It seems these days is Capcom vs. The Rest of the World  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2013, 10:39:18 PM »
200K passed.

Also, this might be interesting

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/09/10/capcom-152-mil-bank/

Oh to think I was a naive fool thinking capcom could change. I can't wait till the day happens. I believed them that they could change when others did not and I was slapped like a fool. Good for them.

Try to focus, Capcom is a company, Inafune is a person, people create things for companies, these creations then became a company IP. You understood this part? Then lets continue...

Keiji created Mega Man (not alone, but still created it) and continued to do Mega Man games for Capcom. Okay until now its common knowledge.

If he is working in something (even more when he is creating something like story and gameplay), then it is his project, since he is working on it. Im not saying that he will own something that he creates, since its being made for Capcom, but it still his project, his work.

You understand what I mean now? Im not saying that it is his project as in "I won something and thus I can do anything with it", it is his project as in "I've been part of it, developed it and my ideas were in there". Companies do that, hire people to do their work, even have ideas for them.

And yeah mm was inafunes creation of course not alone but kind of like when Mikami left capcom RE started to lose it's way. Point is Capcom themselves only promote and give the team funding while people like Inafune and his team worked on their project in this case MML3 which honestly I was willing to give it a chance. Third times a charm.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
+4
I suppose Inafune could try and buy the MegaMan IP from Capcom when they get broke enough.
You know, like a good trade in Monopoly.

xD

Or, he can wait until they kick the can and scavenge their assets from their corpse.  Essentially doing what MegaMan does to defeated Robot Masters.  How poetic. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 02:03:12 PM »
That was beautiful. We can only hope for such a glorious day.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
+1
Why don't they just focus on making better games and giving a better use of the franchise they own?
DLC is just some extra part we don't really care much for.

By the way, that artwork is awesome!
It seems these days is Capcom vs. The Rest of the World  :)
I think a lot of these once great developers have lost sight of what made them great to begin with. Interestingly enough, Konami falls in there with them. So many great franchises that have been left to rot. Hearing about what Square Enix has been doing lately makes me REALLY sad. Back in the day, I thought they could do no wrong. Now, I don't think I'd shed a tear if their asinine ideas actually lead to their destruction. It's hubris, plain and simple. Companies lose their way and those who originally lead them to greatness, and heads are replaced by people who have no business making choices for video game companies.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2013, 03:04:42 PM »
+1
Gaming companies have been on a suicidal trajectory since around 2008-ish. It's a sad day when 1 million sales is considered 'eh'.

On the other hand I'm amazed and glad this title and others like Odallus: The Dark Call are getting so much love.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »
+2
I dont know if you've heard this before, but people were already doing "what if" things in tumblr since the beggining, like "what if this game became so successful that Inafune use that earned money to buy Mega Man IP?".

To say the truth I wouldnt mind if that happened, since they arent using Mega Man anyway for nothing (another companies are, not them) and he is acting more like a trophy for them than an actual franchise right now.

Hearing about what Square Enix has been doing lately makes me REALLY sad. Back in the day, I thought they could do no wrong. Now, I don't think I'd shed a tear if their asinine ideas actually lead to their destruction. It's hubris, plain and simple. Companies lose their way and those who originally lead them to greatness, and heads are replaced by people who have no business making choices for video game companies.

IMO this trainwreck began when Squaresoft joined Enix to become Square-Enix. You can even see that Dragon Quest continues with good games while Square is trying to make Final Fantasy become almost that terrible first Final Fantasy movie. Looking at the E3 trailer I would never say that these guys running in a place that looks like a "favela" would be a Final Fantasy game.
Even their new Final Fantasy Online seems inferior to the first one (FF XI), not graphically, but it seems boring.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:13:50 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2013, 10:26:55 PM »
I think a lot of these once great developers have lost sight of what made them great to begin with. Interestingly enough, Konami falls in there with them. So many great franchises that have been left to rot. Hearing about what Square Enix has been doing lately makes me REALLY sad. Back in the day, I thought they could do no wrong. Now, I don't think I'd shed a tear if their asinine ideas actually lead to their destruction. It's hubris, plain and simple. Companies lose their way and those who originally lead them to greatness, and heads are replaced by people who have no business making choices for video game companies.
I completely agree. The only company left is Nintendo, the way I see it. They neglected a little Metroid, because since Other M no new game came out, but they are doing great with Mario and Zelda.

IMO this trainwreck began when Squaresoft joined Enix to become Square-Enix. You can even see that Dragon Quest continues with good games while Square is trying to make Final Fantasy become almost that terrible first Final Fantasy movie. Looking at the E3 trailer I would never say that these guys running in a place that looks like a "favela" would be a Final Fantasy game.
What is a favela?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2013, 01:46:19 AM »
What is a favela?

It is a term for a shantytown in Brazil. They are usually in urban areas and are situated in the mountains.
A good example can be seen at panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro. Those structures creeping up the mountains are the favelas.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2013, 08:22:38 AM »
A major "what if" scenario always springs to mind regarding Square Enix's current state. What if they just said no to Sakaguchi's pitch of TSW? Sakaguchi was high up the rung, but there was still a guy over him. Had we never got TSW, Square would've never lost all that money and Sakaguchi would still be there. No Wada, no current guy(Matsuda, who seems to be fucking up the company even worse). Final Fantasy might even have went down a DIFFERENT path(I hear Sakaguchi feels Hiroyuki Itou would've been his choice as successor for the series, hence we'd probably never have gotten the Fabula Nova Crystallis XIII thing, XII might've been different, and FXIV might not have been online). Toriyama might've still had a bit job, and the general belief might've been more adventurous regarding other Square series(SaGa, Mana, Chrono...) being brought into the limelight rather than fading away in the background.

I think about this scenario a bit. What if... TSW just wasn't made. Or, what if they just made it as some sort of original IP video game instead(it might've done better as that)?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
I think about this scenario a bit. What if... TSW just wasn't made. Or, what if they just made it as some sort of original IP video game instead(it might've done better as that)?

If you explain what TSW means I would be grateful lol

It is a term for a shantytown in Brazil. They are usually in urban areas and are situated in the mountains.
A good example can be seen at panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro. Those structures creeping up the mountains are the favelas.

Yes, something like that (sometimes its not that messy)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
Mighty No. 3

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »
wewt
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2013, 11:10:35 PM »
Yay! A girly character!  ;D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2013, 11:14:59 PM »
Her final design is way better than what's above. I wasn't hot for either of those two, heh.

And the sketches leading up to that:

Anyway, really looking forward to playing this sucker on the Wii U. Hope some of the other stretch goals are reached. I pitched in a little more.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:16:56 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything