Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848599 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1395 on: May 29, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »
Man crush anyone  :rollseyes:
Hahahah busted!
Not gonna lie, my Cv crushes are Trevor and human Carmilla.
OMG now imagine a child from those two, It would have pefect genes, imagine how would it look like...

Fear Brangelina!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:24:31 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1396 on: May 29, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »
Hey guys, you know how the NES Castlevania, first in the series, came out in 1987 in the USA? USA is where Castlevania traditionally sells better.

...Is this game our 25th anniversary celebration?  :o
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1397 on: May 29, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
Hey guys, you know how the NES Castlevania, first in the series, came out in 1987 in the USA? USA is where Castlevania traditionally sells better.

We have a winner

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1398 on: May 29, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
+1
Hahahah busted!
Not gonna lie, my Cv crushes are Trevor and human Carmilla.

Satan here. As well as SotN Drac.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1399 on: May 29, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
Satan here. As well as SotN Drac.
Add Mathias and we're done

Guuuys please check your mailboxes we need to see more screens! 

(And Trevor)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:38:49 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1400 on: May 29, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »

Two games at E3, and all this news about MoF? It has to be.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1401 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
I remember Cox saying he doesn't want to become the "Castlevania man" for a long time. It certainly seems to be the case now that they are going to burn -at least- 2 vampire hunter generations just for one game. I assume they plan to close the current timeline in 3 or 4 games or so, more so since we already know a lot of details from the story ending.

So what then? Kind of offtopic, but it just came to my mind.

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1402 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »
I really hope Alucard is in it. Been wanting to change my forum avatars.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1403 on: May 29, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
I really hope Alucard is in it. Been wanting to change my forum avatars.

This seems pretty likely. The more details I'm reading, the more this game sounds like the LoS-verse version of Dracula's Curse. Not at all a bad thing; the character switching gives me vibes of TMNT3 on the Game Boy.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1404 on: May 29, 2012, 03:50:53 PM »
Do you guys know the best part of this? We will kick GABULA ASS in the end of the game!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1405 on: May 29, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »
+1
So what then? Kind of offtopic, but it just came to my mind.
Expecting a trilogy. LoS - LoS: MoF - LoS 2

The end.

Then they'll go back to the old canon or give Castlevania another break and come back to it later.
Do you guys know the best part of this? We will kick GABULA ASS in the end of the game!
Poor Gabriel. :(

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1406 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
Sorry I don't wanna burst anyone's bubbles, but I'm going to need to see some gameplay videos before I'm convinced that this isn't another God of War knock off.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1407 on: May 29, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
My requests so far for the game:

-I know that there's going to be some wall shimmying and QTEs (as the game occasionally switches to 3D, c'mon, you know this is why), but please, keep it to a bare minimum.
-For the love of all that is good and holy, lock the framerate. At something. I don't care what.
-Put some good time in tweaks between difficulty levels. LoS continued the unfortunate IGA tradition of "enemies take a billion hits, you can take three"; switch up enemy placement, boss patterns and whatnot.
-If there are big Titan bosses, please let me fight them in a more traditional manner. I don't want to crawl all over them while they lazily jiggle.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1408 on: May 29, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »
Sorry I don't wanna burst anyone's bubbles, but I'm going to need to see some gameplay videos before I'm convinced that this isn't another God of War knock off.
Whenever someone says LoS is a GOW clone a kitten dies.
Seriously, the games have nothing in common besides being epic.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1409 on: May 29, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »
Then they'll go back to the old canon or give Castlevania another break and come back to it later.Poor Gabriel. :(
I don't mind that. He was given development to show why he becomes what he does, but I don't want him to be purely tragic. I want them to(in MoF and LoS2) develop his evil side, and make you LOVE to HATE him. Make you go, "Man, I felt sorry for you, but now, you're just a BASTARD!!!".  ;D I have to think of Luca Blight with this one. When you hear about his childhood and backstory, you DO feel for him, but what he does in the game, you can't help but to HATE his guts and WISH for him to die, because killing him would make the world a little bit of a better place.

Tags: .....? 

anything