Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848503 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2625 on: June 08, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
nagumo's mai waifuu~  :-*

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2626 on: June 08, 2012, 09:33:56 AM »
+3
imagine how much OLD-SCHOOL COOLER it'd be if simon's wife was a haunted castle reference instead of order of ecclesia

Offline MelancholySpork12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2627 on: June 08, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »
This image is beautiful
Wow, I hadn't seen that before. Whatever people are saying about the quasi-3D graphics at this point, I won't hear a word against the art style. The backgrounds have continuously impressed me - not only is it Castlevania-ish, but it's even MORE Castlevania-ish than a lot of the Metroidvanias. Super dark, eerie, and atmospheric.

My biggest concern now, since I haven't played it, is how well they'll manage to iron out the framerate and control fluidity. I remember reading that the controls felt clunky. Nothing will depress me more than seeing this extremely promising game get 7/10'd.

At least, Fall's a ways off. They have some time yet.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2628 on: June 08, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »
Wow, I hadn't seen that before. Whatever people are saying about the quasi-3D graphics at this point, I won't hear a word against the art style. The backgrounds have continuously impressed me - not only is it Castlevania-ish, but it's even MORE Castlevania-ish than a lot of the Metroidvanias. Super dark, eerie, and atmospheric.

My biggest concern now, since I haven't played it, is how well they'll manage to iron out the framerate and control fluidity. I remember reading that the controls felt clunky. Nothing will depress me more than seeing this extremely promising game get 7/10'd.

At least, Fall's a ways off. They have some time yet.

If you think that's a problem it seems that the graphics are "ugly"

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-resurrects-the-series-beloved-past-but-an-early-demo-lacks-magic/

It's night and it looks good to me for what is a what demo beta game from my understanding. This game feels like its going to be a split this game needs 9/10's not 7/10.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:43:54 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline MelancholySpork12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2629 on: June 08, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »
If you think that's a problem it seems that the graphics are "ugly"

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-resurrects-the-series-beloved-past-but-an-early-demo-lacks-magic/

It's night and it looks good to me for what is a what demo beta game from my understanding. This game feels like its going to be a split this game needs 9/10's not 7/10.

Whoever wrote that article needs to go replay Symphony of the Night. Very few of the environments were bursting with color. Offhand, the only well-lit area I can think of is the Royal Chapel, and even that had a very dark and ominous overtone.

I guess some of the GBA/DS Metroidvanias had some more colorful environments, but they never deviated too much from the dreary and gothic vibe. Mirror of Fate seems to be attacking that aesthetic full force, so it's a little darker, but I really think it's nothing but an improvement for the Lords of Shadow series.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2630 on: June 08, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
Whoever wrote that article needs to go replay Symphony of the Night. Very few of the environments were bursting with color. Offhand, the only well-lit area I can think of is the Royal Chapel, and even that had a very dark and ominous overtone.

I guess some of the GBA/DS Metroidvanias had some more colorful environments, but they never deviated too much from the dreary and gothic vibe. Mirror of Fate seems to be attacking that aesthetic full force, so it's a little darker, but I really think it's nothing but an improvement for the Lords of Shadow series.

It's cv of course it's going to be dark you know, but if what is said is true then what can be done about it?
(click to show/hide)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2631 on: June 08, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
+2
The thing is that most of the ppl that see it on video cant barely hear the music.

Want to beef up your MoF experience? Put some classic CV music when playing the trailer. Thats the "magic" that the game is missing. 2D CV NEEDS catchy tunes, not ambiance music.

EDIT: Put PoR Jail of Jewels song for example. Day and night difference.
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2632 on: June 08, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »
Neobelmont, why the hell do you even care about game journalism? Everyone knows it's a fucking joke. I don't tend to read any review and grades. Actually, I prefer reading hands-on from actual gamers, the ones who have a taste more or less like my own.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2633 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:56 AM »
+1
The thing is that most of the ppl that see it on video cant barely hear the music.

Want to beef up your MoF experience? Put some classic CV music when playing the trailer. Thats the "magic" that the game is missing. 2D CV NEEDS catchy tunes, not ambiance music.

EDIT: Put PoR Jail of Jewels song for example. Day and night difference.

So  let's see

needs more classic tune

better controls

and step up the graphics

I see the first one as very possible and making the control less floaty as well, but the graphics have me at a stump how do you make it better  what is it missing exactly???
(click to show/hide)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2634 on: June 08, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »
So  let's see

needs more classic tune

better controls

and step up the graphics

I see the first one as very possible and making the control less floaty as well, but the graphics have me at a stump how do you make it better  what is it missing exactly???

Release it on PSVita!!  ;D (No really, konami dont dare to do it, stop that BS of releasing awesome CV games on dead consoles)
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2635 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
Release it on PSVita!!  ;D (No really, konami dont dare to do it, stop that BS of releasing awesome CV games on dead consoles)

How expensive are one of those systems?

Neobelmont, why the hell do you even care about game journalism? Everyone knows it's a fucking joke. I don't tend to read any review and grades. Actually, I prefer reading hands-on from actual gamers, the ones who have a taste more or less like my own.

To tell the truth most of the time I do not, but I guess I just want this game to be awesome this really is one of those (not first bad choice of wording I need to get infomation somewhere so I do watch videos and stuff like gameplay) Also for once I am curious how this game first impressions are doing is that such a bad thing? But in the end this gaming journalism is what can make or break a game from my understanding.

Yeah I have GI but even then I do not read much of it (this feels much better).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:32:30 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2636 on: June 08, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »
How expensive are one of those systems?

A PS Vita? Just like a PS3. (I was refering to a Japanese Turbo Duo)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2637 on: June 08, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »

A PC-engine?

This does not say pc-engine it say PSVita.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2638 on: June 08, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
A PSVITA costs $250+ (because of the memory cards). There are bundles for the same price that comes with a game and memory cards. And some stores have them with discounts (there's one right now giving $50 discount).

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2639 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »
+1
A PSVITA costs $250+ (because of the memory cards). There are bundles for the same price that comes with a game and memory cards. And some stores have them with discounts (there's one right now giving $50 discount).

I could just buy a ps3 instead.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:34:56 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Tags: .....?