Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848679 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3510 on: August 06, 2012, 07:58:09 PM »
Not sure if anybody has seen this yet, but the hype train needs a little tap:

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3511 on: August 06, 2012, 08:13:36 PM »
lol u obviously didnt bother to check the last couple pages

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3512 on: August 06, 2012, 08:22:32 PM »
Not sure if anybody has seen this yet, but the hype train needs a little tap:

Check 6 pages back......

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3513 on: August 06, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »
Only saw the Trevor screens.

Whatevs. Simon looks cool.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3514 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »
I feel kind off dumb for not noticing this before, but isn't the theory Trevor = Alucard already debunked by the fact that they appear as seperate characters on the cover of a magazine? 

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3515 on: August 07, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
I feel kind off dumb for not noticing this before, but isn't the theory Trevor = Alucard already debunked by the fact that they appear as seperate characters on the cover of a magazine?

No

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:50:33 AM by e105beta »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3516 on: August 07, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »
I understand what you're getting at, but when you have artwork that depicts a character with multiple sides to him, it's always heavily emphasized. That picture you posted is a perfect example of that. The MoF artwork just shows Trevor and Alucard side by side along with Simon and that weird ghost guy. Though I suppose it's still possible.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3517 on: August 07, 2012, 07:37:40 AM »
I understand what you're getting at, but when you have artwork that depicts a character with multiple sides to him, it's always heavily emphasized. That picture you posted is a perfect example of that. The MoF artwork just shows Trevor and Alucard side by side along with Simon and that weird ghost guy. Though I suppose it's still possible.

See my edit.

Heck, even in the GameInformer art, Trevor and Alucard are standing back to back, and are giants compared to the tiny little Simon. It is emphasized, if not as much as the Twilight Princess cover.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:54:08 AM by e105beta »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3518 on: August 07, 2012, 08:30:14 AM »
I've been wondering for a while about this but why is it suddenly so hard to believe that Alucard and Trevor are separate people, and that Gabriel did spawn another child as Dracula? I know the trailers are implying( vaguely) that they are the same but then again, trailers lie most of the time, especially if their debut story trailers with VA clips edited in without context. You know, like the trailers for the first Lords of Shadow for example.

Im not saying no one is allowed to speculate, im just saying that before you go in guns blazing like Rambo, take a minute and analyze the situation first before running into a building full of thousands of heavily armed goons with only a pistol with twelve bullets.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:42:58 AM by Kingshango »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3519 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:07 AM »
I've been wondering for a while about this but why is it suddenly so hard to believe that Alucard and Trevor are separate people, and that Gabriel did spawn another child as Dracula? I know the trailers are implying( vaguely) that they are the same but then again, trailers lie most of the time, especially if their debut story trailers with VA clips edited in without context. You know, like the trailers for the first Lords of Shadow for example.

Im not saying no one is allowed to speculate, im just saying that before you go in guns blazing like Rambo, take a minute and analyze the situation first before running into a building full of thousands of heavily armed goons with only a pistol with twelve bullets.

Character overcrowding? At least that's my reason.

There's enough evidence hinting at Trevor being Alucard to make it a plausible theory, and if he's not, it seems he would have little purpose other than "lolAlucard", what with there already being two Belmonts in the story.

What gave Alucard his niche in the old canon was that he was Dracula's son. That was his primary defining characteristic. Now he wouldn't have that. He'd share it with Trevor, and to a lesser extent, Simon. He'd be unnecessarily ancillary.

Besides what would be his goal? Dracula must die because he's bad? That worked fine in the old canon because it was the exact same thing as the Belmonts, only with a father-son dynamic, but when the other heroes are getting actual vengeance plots, it seems a bit weak.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3520 on: August 07, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »
The facebook page for Mirror of Fate is asking fans to submit questions about the game that will be answered at Gamescom, so I think it's a safe bet we'll probably get some new info/trailers then. :)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3521 on: August 07, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
I've already given my reasons on why Trevor being Alucard doesn't add up so it would be pointless to copy n paste it. So I'll just ask point blank, which of these scenarios is most likely to happen? and give an honest, well though out answer to back up you claim:

1) Alucard is the half human/half vampire son of Dracula named Adrian (or whoever they name him) and his second in command (assuming Death/Zobek isn't ). Dracula does find love again but his second love is executed by humans for secretly being with him. Dracula now thinks humans are all bastards and want's them all dead. But Adrian thinks his mother wouldn't want this then leaves his fathers side, disown's his title, changes his name to "Alucard" and aid's the Belmont clan ( who are essentially his bretheren) in defeating him, ending his rampage of revenge.

2) Trevor becomes Alucard by abnormal means. Dracula defeat's Trevor and corrupts him by turning him into a vampire, thus everyone starts to assume Trevor is dead. Simon heads to Dracula's castle and later finds a white haired, vampire weilding his fathers battle cross. They fight and Simon KO's Trevor and realize's who it is. Then the Lost Soul appears and give's Simon an ultimatum, in exchange for the mirror around his neck, he will revive him and make him stronger than he's ever been. Simon agree's and Trevor is revived neither human nor vampire, but as a being of great power that rival's that of Dracula himself. An "anti Dracula " known as Alucard, who seeks to continue to hunt and defeat Dracula until the day he dies permanently. Now armed with a sword after his battle cross was destroyed, he has all the means to fight Dracula along with the desendant's of his clan.

There was another involving Alucard being Dracula's doppleganger born from the mirror but I decided it was a little too far fetched, almost wacky in fact.
The facebook page for Mirror of Fate is asking fans to submit questions about the game that will be answered at Gamescom, so I think it's a safe bet we'll probably get some new info/trailers then. :)

Well I know what im asking. ;)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3522 on: August 07, 2012, 11:34:46 AM »
Talk about a leading question... not only are you combining two different theories with the last one, but they both have a bunch of implied baggage attached that potentially contradict themes when combined.

The fact is that they are both equally plausible based on the hard evidence we have, but for all I know, Alucard is Simon's lost half brother from Mars.

However, due to storytelling and thematic reasons, I will say the latter as it doesn't add an otherwise redundant character to the LoS story.

The first Alucard has no point. Sure, it sounds just like the old Alucard, giving it more "credibility" in that regard, but that's just it: he'd be exactly the same as the old Alucard, and would add nothing to story. For one, LoS Trevor has taken the spot that Alucard used to fill. Melancholy son? Check. Shackled to mission by blood relation to father? Check. Partially motivated by thoughts of dead mother? Check. For two, Dracula doesn't need any more motivation in this. Original Dracula had one wife die to curse God, and another die to curse humanity. New Dracula doesn't need it. His humanity has been lost and corrupted by his vampiric and demonic powers, he's pissed off at God for screwing him over, and he's pissed off at the brotherhood and Zobek (and by extension humanity) for screwing him over too. A second wife would add nothing, and when you're limited to two more games, the last thing you want to add is filler characters.

The latter plot makes sense, as it doesn't throw away a perfectly good character (Trevor) just to replace him later with a character that serves all the same purposes in the same game. Again, this is a 20 hour game. Three unique stories and back stories is a bit much. And frankly, the latter plot actually uses the new plot devices and characters, as opposed to the former which really just appeals to a sense of sameness with the old canon.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3523 on: August 07, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »
Thank you for your your reasonably well thought out answer and I will take everything into consideration.

Now we've got a bigger question that needs to be adressed, if the Trevorcard theory is correct, then what the hell does that make Alucard in this canon? He's not a vampire, he's most likey not a dhampir and he's certainly no human. What creature has Mercurysteam turned Alucard into?

Could Alucard be a demon? Another unknowing pawn of Satan like Zobek was after Trevor's apparent death?

I mean Castlevania is no stranger to demonic possession, hell it's almost an obligation to feature at least one possessed character per game. I don't know if I like the idea's of Trevor becoming Alucard AND being another oblivious puppet of Satan. I don't know about you guy's but playing as Alucard, who just so happene's to be Satan in deadman's clothing sounds equally, if not worse than a Belmont becoming Dracula and I pray that's not the case at all.

I can take Trevor becoming Alucard, but Alucard being Satan in a possessed vessel of Trevor's undead body? That's that shit I don't like.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:19:56 PM by Kingshango »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3524 on: August 08, 2012, 05:55:47 AM »

Dracula and Alucard being the very same person is not THAT far-fetched for me. This game still bears the name "Lords of Shadow" and in the first game it was all about the lords having a dark side and a good side. I'm guessing Dracula is no different. And with the mirror and everything, the Dracula/Alucard thing makes sense, even if it's a little cheesy. However, the name "Alucard" was pretty terrible to begin with so I dunno what would be worse. This mirror explanation is at least an.... explanation.

I highly doubt that Alucard is Dracula's son in this universe. And I definitely don't think Alucard and Trevor are the same person. Then again, I've been wrong maaaany times before.  :D

Tags: .....? 

anything