Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849057 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3810 on: September 01, 2012, 07:51:15 AM »
It was nicknamed "Vampire Killer" indeed, but he destroyed it after the TFO fight.
I wont be surprised if the VK can regenerate itself like Dracula does, but only in this crazy timeline.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3811 on: September 01, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
Neat screenshots, but I'm getting tired of them. When are we going to get new footage that isn't from the E3 build?

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3812 on: September 01, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »
Neat screenshots, but I'm getting tired of them. When are we going to get new footage that isn't from the E3 build?

i too would like to see some more... up to date video action. gameplay or otherwise. maybe a new and improved official trailer... since the first one seemed a bit thrown together.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3813 on: September 02, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »
+1
the TFO
That's like saying "Automatic Teller Machine machine."
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3815 on: September 10, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
He made mention that the platforming in the demo do not involve the air dash. Hopefully that doesn't apply to the rest of the game because otherwise air dashing could be that one move that makes the game way too easy and makes a joke of the platforming. Sort of like flow motion in Kingdom Hearts.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3816 on: September 10, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
I agree with Johny Alucard, if they will use that they need to make the game still be hard with it AND doesnt have invulnerability frames like in Other M. Because if they do that the game will feels broken-easy.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3817 on: September 10, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »
+1
Air dash? Not sure how I feel about that. That's Megaman's territory.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3818 on: September 10, 2012, 07:08:13 PM »
It's not like it hasn't been done in CV anyway, even though the game wasn't designed with it in mind. You guys remember PSP SotN Maria, right?
If you want an example of air dodging done right though, look at Dust: An Elysian Tail. It may have invincibility frames IIRC, but it's not exactly abusable either.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:13:02 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3819 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »
The air dash is fairly short ranged and quick, similar to the backdash's from the previous Metroidvania's.

Oh and they forgot to mention that you can backdash in mid air as well.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3820 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
This whole situation could be fix if Cox and Mercurysteam just listen to the legit complaints and use this 5 month delay period to address these problems and say "Hey we listened see, everythings cool."

But he gave his answer already "Don't like out strong, beefy, no selling enemies and object's? Either deal with it or go play thoses Metroidvania's you love so much for the 100,000th time." #Combovaniatill2014

Geez, did he really post that? O_o I really dig LoS but dude needs to realize that the online gaming community is full of haters and complainers. People that will never be totally happy with ANYTHING you put in front of them. And while that may be true, it doesn't mean you have to antagonize a bunch of angry 12 year olds. Cox needs to grow up. :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3821 on: September 11, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »
Buon Giorno  :) !!! Did I miss anything? School has started and been busy lately.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3822 on: September 15, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »
Cox said the fourth playable character hasn't been revealed yet. I think that Spanish article was wrong (they said it was Gabriel).

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3823 on: September 15, 2012, 02:15:30 AM »
Cox said the fourth playable character hasn't been revealed yet. I think that Spanish article was wrong (they said it was Gabriel).
I think, in an article, Cox or Alvarez said some parts from the Resurrection DLC/LoS1 were cut and put in MoF because Konami wanted to release the game earlier. So, as a consequence, and it's just a hypothesis, a prologue featuring Gabriel would be part of MoF. So, Gabriel maybe is the fourth one.

If not, I hope we'll know soon.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3824 on: September 23, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »
In case you missed the tweets, David Cox sez:

@CornellShadow - Simon uses an leather whip that upgrades to a chain whip later. Alucard uses a whip in MOF and a sword in LOS2.
-------------
@Deadestroyer @SirPatStew - There is no narrator in CVLOS2
-------------
‏@KelvinBelmont74 @CastlevaniaLOS will we hear the LOS version of what is a man? In either of the games?
‏@CastlevaniaLOS @KelvinBelmont74 - Yes :)
--------------
‏@CornellShadow @CastlevaniaLOS If they all going to use the same kind of weapon. Would the combat moves or motion look alike?
‏@CastlevaniaLOS @CornellShadow - Most animations for each character are different except moves passed over. Each character has moves unique to them too.
---------------

So Alucard won't be using his signature sword until LoS2.
Oh and he also said that the chapter listing that was allegedly leaked a few months ago is "totally fake."
It actually had me fooled..unless it's real and he's just doing damage control.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:15:44 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Tags: .....?