Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848891 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4620 on: February 11, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
+5
I'm now looking forward to the end of LoS for one thing only: the end of the debate of "what is Castlevania".

:-X

Silly boy.

It will simply move onto the next iteration of Castlevania, whatever it is after LoS.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4621 on: February 11, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
+1
Talking about them being playable. Stop being stupid. Making every game with Belmonts being the only playable characters would be stupid as fuck. Good thing they made other characters and actually gave new playstyles for them.
Suuuuuuuuure man....

Is this really neccessary? *shaking my head*

Everything comes full circle

Offline MelancholySpork12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4622 on: February 11, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
+1
Talking about them being playable. Stop being stupid. Making every game with Belmonts being the only playable characters would be stupid as fuck. Good thing they made other characters and actually gave new playstyles for them.

I wasn't aware that I was on the Blizzard forums. Or are the trolls from there just leaking now?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4623 on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
+3
Belmonts being the only playable characters would be stupid as fuck.

Credibility -1

Also, I don't recall people complaining about the 13 or so Whip/Belmont centric games that came before SoTN. (Except Simon's Quest, but people complain for other reasons there)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:13:00 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4624 on: February 11, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »
I really dont understand all this hate that LoS gets. It is unwarranted IMO. I had A lot of fun in that game and the difficulty gave me hours of enjoyment.(a bit of frustration as well) Gabriel Belmont's look and character may be perhaps my favorite character in all of Castlevania. That is not an easy task to pull off. So why all this hate? Im just curious now.
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4625 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »
Credibility -1

Also, I don't recall people complaining about the 13 or so Whip/Belmont centric games that came before SoTN. (Except Simon's Quest, but people complain for other reasons there)

Credibility +1  ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4626 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
+1
I really dont understand all this hate that LoS gets. It is unwarranted IMO. I had A lot of fun in that game and the difficulty gave me hours of enjoyment.(a bit of frustration as well) Gabriel Belmont's look and character may be perhaps my favorite character in all of Castlevania. That is not an easy task to pull off. So why all this hate? Im just curious now.

In a nutshell for some

Conservative stewie "i don't like change"

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4627 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »

It depends on the argument. I can understand people hating it because aspects of it remind one of God Of War.

But the "it's not Castlevania" arguments smack of people who don't know thr history of the series.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4628 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »
In a nutshell for some

Conservative stewie "i don't like change"
-1? looks like you touched a nerve on someone, lol. Some truths are hard to admit.

Have a +1 for pretty much nailing the common argument against the game.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4629 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:51 PM »
+2
Silly boy.

It will simply move onto the next iteration of Castlevania, whatever it is after LoS.

That will then lead to another set of arguments once the studio who will make the game is announced.
Ahem the "I don't like change" argument.

It depends on the argument. I can understand people hating it because aspects of it remind one of God Of War.

But the "it's not Castlevania" arguments smack of people who don't know thr history of the series.

Quite a number of games get aspects from God of War. I think it is the norm now.

The LoS series is still Castlevania just told from a different point of view.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:19:16 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4630 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »
+3
You know, being against something new doesn't automatically make you conversative. There also exists things like "bad ideas".       

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4631 on: February 12, 2013, 12:18:45 AM »
You know, being against something new doesn't automatically make you conversative. There also exists things like "bad ideas".       

It does not make one conservative, but some people on this category are really conservative. But some people are just slow to adopt, or would never adopt the new. I think I saw that one in a marketing textbook about adopting new ideas....

Starting with those with the highest readiness to try, they are (1) Innovators: venturesome people and risk takers who are the very first users; comprising about 2.5 percent of the target market, (2) Early adopters: prestige oriented opinion leaders, about 13.5 percent of the target market, (3) Early majority: the leading segment of the mass market, about 34 percent of the target market, (4) Late majority: followers of the early majority, also about 36 percent of the target market, (5) Laggards: conservative, price conscious segment, about 14 percent of the target market.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4632 on: February 12, 2013, 02:19:56 AM »
+2
I do not own PS3 or Xbox 360 and I have only watched LPs of Lords of Shadow and I think it is very good. I do not know why people are complaining ... the only think that bothered me was the interpretation of Vincent Dorin ... why he was given such a bad name when Portrait of Ruin came before LoS. That for me a little insulting because the creators of LoS should've think of some other name of the stupid priest not the helpful/greedy guy that lived in the 19th century. I also thought that Wygol Village was founded by father Nikolay(I loved that there is a character in the game with the same name as mine :D) was before Gabriel became dracula ... I know that there are different timelines or smth like that but just taking stuff and remaking them like that is stupid.

However those are just minor things that do not make the LoS saga bad for me. I also hope they really bring the LoS games on PC so I could enjoy those new interpretations of Castlevania :)

I also think that Mirror of Fate will be more than a good game!!!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4633 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24:52 AM »
+4
I can accept not liking change. But that's what A series needs to continue to grow. Change. I hope most people on here dont want to sit on there butt and beg konami for A Castlevania: Symphony of the night..IN HD!!!!..Puh-lease..That is what most people complain about LoS that I have talked too..Which dosent even make sense IMO. Ah well at least I got A bit of closure lmao.
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4634 on: February 12, 2013, 05:12:45 AM »
+4
I don't consider myself to be a very cynical person so I don't think Castlevania fans are unwilling to try new things. Of course it's easy to dismiss all criticism of Lords's direction because people are not willing to adapt. It makes the opposition look bad and makes oneself seem like a connoisseur who recognizes quality. In reality it's of course a lot more nuanced.         

Tags: .....? 

anything