Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848704 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5340 on: March 12, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »
I wonder if we'll ever get that 3D Alucard game that was teased.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5341 on: March 12, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »

It's been 5 years, I think it's safe to say it's not coming, at least the way we want it to be.

Unless Konami is actually giving Iga a huge budget and development time for a next gen Castlevania, which is something the current Konami would neeeeeeeeever do unless your name is Hideo Kojima.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5342 on: March 12, 2013, 11:59:52 PM »
What about Silent Hill? Kojima is involved now in this game too? (Im clueless since I didnt even played the last SH games)

Also, interesting news: http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=5661
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:04:59 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5343 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:29 AM »
+1
Are we really talking iga and cox again. -_-'

Both have their good and bad

A thing has always struck me odd with IGA.

Why is that CoD was worst than LoI in all most all aspects.

I remember being a slight jackass at iga( not my usual self but, it happens) I think it was the If" IGA is tim burton then Cox is Christopher Nolan thread" that I made I think it went a little of the deep end.

But yes things like the 3d Alucard game made me go -_- but also it could have had Richter to be fair but chances were if that did happen he would have played second fiddle.

Over all I'm not that much into IGA, but I'm also not into Cox either as well with some of his remarks and such. In the end I just want a good game. Heck Portrait brought me back into the series back in high school and Lords of Shadow is a game I really enjoyed and even when compared to games like Devil may dry, ninja gaiden 2, and Dante's inferno it holds up in my opinion.

Ones time is done and another is ending this year most likely and well I think neither should come back. Is it crazy? Maybe offending? Perhaps. I know I have gotten a few negatives for speaking my mind on this matter but, heck I'm an advocate of the future not the past and as much as I love the old games(mostly classic  :P ) we gotta look forward and see what happens and not look back and squabble about things like oh IGAs this or Cox is well a dick(It seems no one is going to win and it rubs people in the wrong way ). 

The only thing I would look back and say what should come back is different teams with a different vision. But hey, maybe I'm just an idealistic fool in the end.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:08:46 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5344 on: March 13, 2013, 12:13:07 AM »
IGA mentioned each CV game is produced with an above average budget. So, I'm not sure if saying IGA quit because of lack of funds is entirely accurate. Also, going by what Cox himself said, LoS only exists because IGA passed on making a new 3D game. It's not like he got kicked out or anything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5345 on: March 13, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
Its no IGA and Cox, its more like "IGA never will come back? So show me why its impossible" thing. Its like as if Shigeru Miyamoto doesnt participates in 3 Mario games and then everyone says that he never will come back, that its impossible, that he stinks and is dead and examples continues...

What is annoying dont is the fact "Will IGA return or not" and yes "I can see the future, its impossible and I know that, I simply cant argue about that or show some things to strengthen my argument because I forgot it at my house"

Its your opinion? Fine. But please, can we atleast stop saying what we think as if its been announced by Konami and is undoubtly true? I have been seeing this for weeks thinking that it can even be some "news" or "piece of information" that Im ignorant about, but it seems that this simply doesnt exist and are bogus.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:26:30 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5346 on: March 13, 2013, 12:36:43 AM »
Its no IGA and Cox, its more like "IGA never will come back? So show me why its impossible" thing. Its like as if Shigeru Miyamoto doesnt participates in 3 Mario games and then everyone says that he never will come back, that its impossible, that he stinks and is dead and examples continues...

What is annoying dont is the fact "Will IGA return or not" and yes "I can see the future, its impossible and I know that, I simply cant argue about that or show some things to strengthen my argument because I forgot it at my house"

Its your opinion? Fine. But please, can we atleast stop saying what we think as if its been announced by Konami and is undoubtly true? I have been seeing this for weeks thinking that it can even be some "news" or "piece of information" that Im ignorant about, but it seems that this simply doesnt exist and are bogus.

I get what your saying, and while it's not impossible do you think there is a solid chance of him coming back?

Me I just want someone new afterward that's all. New blood so to speak but that's just me.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5347 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »
Well, while I like IGA games it would be okay to see something new, but I atleast wanted to see the 1999 game too. If the guy doesnt want to return, its okay. I just doesnt understand why a great amount of people continue saying "IGA dont will return" or things like that. For some of us (atleast I believe, if Im wrong then ok, ME) its a light of hope in the end of the tunnel and trying to turn off this light without even having proofs or "quotes" isnt very cool.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:44:43 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5348 on: March 13, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
Well, while I like IGA games it would be okay to see something new, but I atleast wanted to see the 1999 game too. If the guy doesnt want to return, its okay. I just doesnt understand why a great amount of people continue saying "IGA dont will return" or things like that. For some of us its a light of hope in the end of the tunnel and trying to turn off this light without even having proofs or "quotes" isnt very cool.

I see what you mean.
Guess this is not my kind of light.
He has worked on cv for a long time I think he should work on something new.
I don't hate the guy or anything but do something else move on that's how I see it.
If folks want him back ehh... Ok, I'll most likely be along for the ride if it were to happen anyways.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5349 on: March 13, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »
IGA mentioned each CV game is produced with an above average budget. So, I'm not sure if saying IGA quit because of lack of funds is entirely accurate. Also, going by what Cox himself said, LoS only exists because IGA passed on making a new 3D game. It's not like he got kicked out or anything.

Oh so that's the real reason.
I thought SOTN2 was his last pitch to Konami to compete with LOS.

I think IGA mentioned in an interview somewhere that he needs some sort of breather after all those vania titles. But I think Castlevania just sticks with him no matter where he goes (Scribblenauts japan edition, Otomedius)

By the way, what is he doing lately, there seems to be a dearth of news.

I would like to see IGA return (for the 1999 game. It's his story, he should finish it.)
and I would also like to see new people handle Castlevania.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5350 on: March 13, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »
I believe his last project was Scribblenauts which was in early 2012. Who knows what he is up to now aside from making pictures of his food and changing his carrier.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:24:41 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5351 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:29 AM »

I think, that it has taken the same path with resurrection.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5352 on: March 13, 2013, 04:33:10 AM »
I like your outlook neobelmont. What I meant by "clusterfuck" was- a mess of a story, riddled with a bunch of characters that are difficult to become invested in or care about. The only good characters in the IGA games are mostly characters who already existed. I've played through all of his games and only remember a few of the story lines because they were just that uninspired and pointless. It really doesn't matter how a timeline lines up when it's made up of bad stories. CV deserves better than IGA's cheap flavor of story telling. I spend half of my time just following a blue map around when I play his games. It gets old. My biggest complaint about mirror of fate is that it makes an attempt to be like an iGA game. That and, it should have been on the ps vita because the graphics are lackluster. Their take on Simon bothers me too.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5353 on: March 13, 2013, 06:30:11 AM »
+2
Flame, I wanted Mega Man Legends 3 so badly. :(

seriously. Legends 3's cancellation was a dealbreaker in my getting a 3DS.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5354 on: March 13, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »
+2
seriously. Legends 3's cancellation was a dealbreaker in my getting a 3DS.

Ditto.

A moment of silence for the death of the third entry in arguably one of the best series (Legends itself, exclusive of the rest of the Megaman franchise) in gaming.

Tags: .....?