Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your phobia? (also unofficial Mighty Max thread)  (Read 19064 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: What's your phobia? (also unofficial Mighty Max thread)
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:20 AM »
To me its all bullshit, but I still believe a little.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »
Well a wedding dress in a dream does not mean marriage. It simply means you are facing some decisions and i suppose your dad is there to help. If you do not like this interpretation, just tell Jorge to delete my post.

lol It's fine, Shiroi. I don't put much stock into this sort of thing anymore, but I was intrigued by it as a teenager; I had a few books on it & the like. I was just talking more or less about it being kind of pleasant to have him back to talk & discuss things. Your interpretation isn't far off at all actually because during the fitting I was feeling very uncomfortable & kept asking him for his input. We discussed many things (that I unfortunately can't remember) & he was always quick to answer, seeming very assured to me. In life, he didn't mince words-what he said was exactly what he darn well meant. He always seemed to know what to say to me too, either to lift me up or reign me in.

Back on topic though-another super neato fact about our favorite non-insect, da spider!

Do spiders have muscles?

Yes. The four pairs of legs are powered by muscles. And, muscles attached to the spider's gut and to the inside wall of the cephalothorax can contract to create a strong sucking action during feeding.

I thought that last part was deserving of some special treatment. Why? Read it again & think about spiders as you do...if you already weren't that is. Nightmare Fuel! Yay!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:59:14 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »
+1
Would those spider muscles also exist in other insects like mosquitoes who also suck during feeding? Cause I hate those bugs too.

Speaking of spiders... is anyone here fearless enough to eat a fried spider (tarantula)?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_spider

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »
HOLY SHIT NO!!!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »
im daring, i would give it a shot.. now could i dip it in say sriracha or ketchup?
Would those spider muscles also exist in other insects like mosquitoes who also suck during feeding? Cause I hate those bugs too.

Speaking of spiders... is anyone here fearless enough to eat a fried spider (tarantula)?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_spider
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:08 AM »
im daring, i would give it a shot.. now could i dip it in say sriracha or ketchup?

I suppose it could be dipped in both... But maybe sriracha is better since people say spiders taste like crabs.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Well there may be a valid reason for why tarantulas taste like crab:

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/insects-are-crustaceans-2/
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
Yeah come to think of it... spiders kinda look like crabs.

So that is further confirmation that tarantulas are bad for me (crustacean allergy). Nyahahha. I won't eat them either way.

Tags: fear fears phobia phobias 

anything