Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Scientists wants to clone a mummified mammoth from 39000 years ago  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
As the title says, anyone else thinks that it can in many ways go wrong? First mammoths, then dinosaurs and we will die xD

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/19/4537160/yuka-39000-year-old-frozen-woolly-mammoth-on-show-in-japan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:40:22 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Cientists wants to clone a mummified mammoth from 39000 years ago
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »
Cientists Cientists Cientists Cientists Cientists Cientists

That Mitchell and Webb Look Series 4 - Episode 1 (Grammar Nazi)

;)

Seriously though, cloning thousands-of-years old materia is probably impossible. The DNA should be all broken and shit.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Scientists wants to clone a mummified mammoth from 39000 years ago
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »
It took almos 3 minutes to me understand where is the error, fixed xD
Its because we call it "cientistas" here, so I forgot the "S", +1 for the video.

About cloning, maybe its not impossible if they are so interested like that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Assuming they're actually capable of pulling it off (which they might be if they're going the route of impregnating a living elephant with a cloned egg), I have the strongest instinctual note that there a billions of ways it can go horribly, horribly wrong.

But the rest of me wants to see a hairy monster wrecking shit in Japan. Mammothra would be a sight to see.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »

"They are coming for us, run!"
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:56:43 PM »
Dinosaurs didn't destroy the world. The problem is they cloned raptors and tyrannosaurs. Brachiosaurs and cerapods were tranquil enough.

But what if they mixed up smilodon DNA with the elephant/mammoth DNA? Saber-Toothed Wooly Mammoth!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
+1
Well, at last if they clone dinosaurs and all go wrong, we only need to throw another meteor at Earth hahaha... OMG we are doomed :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 06:03:48 PM »
+1
Humans are far more dangerous then any cloned carnivorous dinosaur. Why? They only have sharp teeth and claws. We have toxic waste, nuclear waste, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, guns, explosives and other such hell-raising shit that can literally induce a mass extinction 100 times over.

As long as the mammoth's DNA is largely intact they will no-doubt try to impregnate a elephant's egg since the two species are genetically linked. I've even heard about how soft tissue was accidentally discovered on a fossilized T-Rex leg bone  :-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »
Genetic manipulation is always a potential for fu**ing up nature. First humans breed a sort of a fish to reproduce much faster to boost the food industry. Then the fish accidentally finds its way into the rivers, driving other sorts to extinction thanks to its improved capabilities. Fighting that sort of unnatural hazard is really difficult.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 02:44:58 AM »
We are also losing a lot of crop varieties due to genetic manipulation and the preferences of people for certain varieties over others.

We have toxic waste, nuclear waste, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, guns, explosives and other such hell-raising shit that can literally induce a mass extinction 100 times over.

Or make a kaiju.  ;)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:55:49 PM »
A mammoth IS a mini kaiju lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 02:32:20 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea to me. Let's do it. Who knows, maybe this'll help us find out how to cure a disease in the future. I mean it's not like they're gonna release it into the wild or anything.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Cientists wants to clone a mummified mammoth from 39000 years ago
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 02:54:54 PM »
Seriously though, cloning thousands-of-years old materia is probably impossible. The DNA should be all broken and shit.

If they move on to dinosaurs, they could fill in the broken parts of the DNA with frog DNA. Then they could make them all female, to avoid the problem of sexual reproduction.
I see no way this could go wrong.  8)
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
this can be wrong if a error in cloning makes them assexuated, them they can lay eggs without a partner :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: