Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OldBoy director knows what kind of music a vampire story must have  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I just watched Thirst, a 2.009 korean film from OldBoy's director, and I liked the film and loved the music.
Here's a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKS8RD-PGp4&list=PL88DD9BCB78E65201
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: OldBoy director knows what kind of music a vampire story must have
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
+1
I had to skip parts cuz it was so boring. But once I got to the harpsichord+strings section, it made me think of SOTN.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:33:47 AM »
That was the part!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:11:02 PM »
+1
This really remind me of CV music.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »
+1
See? It's not that hard to make music about vampires...

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »
Thirst had a lot of boobage. I saw it in a theater with three chatty, smartly-dressed, middle-aged women sitting in front of me. They didn't walk out, so I guess they liked something.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:18:30 PM »
I would say that perhaps one of them was me, but, first, I'm 24 years old, and second, I didn't watch it in a theater, so I guess I most likely wasn't one of those women  :P
But yes, there was plenty of welcomed female nudity, if you ask.
I didn't like the way the movie ended, though. I was happier with the love story approach of the movie's first half.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:29 AM »
It's been a while since I've seen it and I mostly just remember scenes rather than overall narrative, but I kiiiiinda remember how it ended and being kind of a sour note. I liked how it played out, though; and finding a more direct approach to human blood made me lol, 'cos sipping through little fang holes never made much sense to me.

Maybe I should pick that one up on Blu-ray someday. It's like $30+ if you want the Korean release/director's cut.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:08:22 AM »
I agree with that, but do you know what really doesn't make sense to me?
Twilight  :P The whole franchise, in all aspects.
Vampires sparkling in the sun? Becoming "vegetarians" so they don't have to kill to survive? Falling in love with the most boring and wooden girl ever? Really? Oh, and metrosexual werevolves included. And no one dies. Everyone lives happily ever after. And the wolfman falls in love with a baby vampire... yeah...

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »
+1
I agree with that, but do you know what really doesn't make sense to me?
Twilight  :P The whole franchise, in all aspects.
Vampires sparkling in the sun? Becoming "vegetarians" so they don't have to kill to survive? Falling in love with the most boring and wooden girl ever? Really? Oh, and metrosexual werevolves included. And no one dies. Everyone lives happily ever after. And the wolfman falls in love with a baby vampire... yeah...

That's Hollywood to you.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »
+1
Twilight is what the new CV game will be...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:33:44 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 03:12:05 AM »
+1
Twilight: Fan fiction that should have never seen the light of day. That includes that damned 50 shades as well.

Twilight is what the new CV game will be...

If that happens, I'm out!  :'(

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »
Twilight: Fan fiction that should have never seen the light of day. That includes that damned 50 shades as well.

If that happens, I'm out!  :'(
There's plenty of possibilities for that option. I'm on the edge of quitting (not as a fan of the old games, but as a follower of the franchise's future), I'm running out of patience and if the next game is not what I expect, I think I'm done with it. It's been almost 6 years of waiting and I won't be able to endure more.
If the worst happens, though, I'll still be here talking with you guys, complaining about the new games and loving the old ones.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
+3
If the worst happens, though, I'll still be here talking with you guys, complaining about the new games and loving the old ones.

So we will be in the same situation that we are now, only more sad than now. :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »
So we will be in the same situation that we are now, only more sad than now. :(
I'm afraid that will be the case, yes.

Tags: