Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I want to make a CV Hack or help someone with their hack.  (Read 11723 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
I want to make a CV Hack or help someone with their hack.
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:10:59 AM »
I have been doing some of my own sprite work using Tile Molester in hopes of someday having enough material to make a kickass remake of Simon's Quest. However I would be willing to help out people with their hack if they want me to do sprite work for them. Give me an email if you want help or if you are interested in doing some collaborating on an idea.

Just as a courtesy I will post some of my work in .gif form so you all know I am not blowing smoke. This is of Simon whipping down while standing and jumping. Also I have a running swinging diagonal and upward whip and an uppercut .gif  ala SOTN Richter and Street Fighter II. Feel free to use just them just ask permission and give me some dap. More to come.

Just as an added bonus.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:58:28 PM by Da Repp Resents »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: I want to make a CV Hack or help someone with their hack.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »
That last sprite of Simon reminds me of He-man.

-X

*I HAVE THE POWER!!!*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
That last sprite of Simon reminds me of He-man.

-X

*I HAVE THE POWER!!!*
Yep, that is exactly what I was aiming for in this instance.

A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 04:04:22 PM »
Pro tip: just about every one of those is unusable in an NES game as is for a variety of reasons ranging from the NES doesnt have unlimited ram, nor virtual memory, and (somewhat related) there is an actual grid format you need to follow.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
That's true if you're doing a hack but what about a totally self-made game? Surely with that in mind the sky's the limit.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
The circular whip and the sword raise were done for fun other than that the swing, uppercut, and multi directional whipping were made for anyone who is clever enough to implement them in a game. Surely a CV game be done to accomodate it. Is it at all possible to do an open world CV II hack that plays with more challenge like CV I? Just as a side note I have seen the game Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and that game does not look to elaborate as a ROM goes but they manage to make an open world game that seemingly does not repeat any sprite work in the ROM and its not bad for what it is.

Offline Mrgrill247

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »

Sweet! Looks like I came to the right place for Castlevania fans.
I'm Mrgrill247 and I'm in the process of updating Castlevania, but I need help because the modder would love it.

Ritcher Belmont is currently playable in the mod of Legacy of Dracula, but the Sega Saturn Version is too fat in size in comparison to the Playstation version.  
Would you like to take a stab at resizing the sprite to make him thin like the Playstation version? If you look at the "Ritcher Size gif", you will see the differences when he is resized properly.

Other than that, check out the website below and download the game to play on your computer.  It's fun.

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,3249.0.html

Castlevania - Legacy of Dracula ver. 1.0
 http://www.mediafire.com/?tzkdvgx3yym
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:27:40 PM by Mrgrill247 »

The silver bullet is the only kind of bullet for firearms that is effective against a Werewolf, witch, or some monsters.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »

Sweet! Looks like I came to the right place for Castlevania fans.
I'm Mrgrill247 and I'm in the process of updating Castlevania, but I need help because the modder would love it.

Ritcher Belmont is currently playable in the mod of Legacy of Dracula, but the Sega Saturn Version is too fat in size in comparison to the Playstation version.  
Would you like to take a stab at resizing the sprite to make him thin like the Playstation version? If you look at the "Ritcher Size gif", you will see the differences when he is resized properly.

Other than that, check out the website below and download the game to play on your computer.  It's fun.

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,3249.0.html

Castlevania - Legacy of Dracula ver. 1.0
 http://www.mediafire.com/?tzkdvgx3yym

I will check out your game. My idea is for the NES remake of Simon's Quest. This game would have to be a simple hack as I do not in all truth have the ability to rewrite the entire ROM.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »
sweet! Another BoR CV game =D

As for your hack... why do you wanna make a hack at all? If you wanna make some kinda CV game why dont you make your own. Even if you wanna do a CV2 remake youd be better off makin your own game than tryin to hack a rom to do what you want within the limits of the NES.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 04:01:47 PM »
sweet! Another BoR CV game =D

As for your hack... why do you wanna make a hack at all? If you wanna make some kinda CV game why dont you make your own. Even if you wanna do a CV2 remake youd be better off makin your own game than tryin to hack a rom to do what you want within the limits of the NES.

Ok, point made. I suppose a Game Maker download is in order. Just for the sake of argument can I import sprite sheets that I make with Tile Molester?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
yeah game maker can make sprites from whole sheets if you make sure you space each individual sprite correctly but I always just do it with single images

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 10:15:41 AM »
Hey this is pretty good.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
I have to agree. You're off to a great start. It was not only playable and easy to control, it was fairly solid and enjoyable. You had some good creative ideas going there. Especially with Trevor, who has strikers for special abilities.

The only thing I would say I found rather annoying was the abusable of some specials. Some moves can be used to bypass the entire stage almost, since they make you invincible and go through enemies. Simon is very abusable. Alucard runs a little too fast too I think.

As for your request on a resized Saturn Richter; I have already done such a thing. I didn't do every frame, but I believe it should be all the frames you need. I didn't touch up any frames really, so its a bit crude, but I used a scaling method that is 100% exact to SotN scale guaranteed. I'm a real hard ass when it comes to quality, so I wouldn't make something available that wasn't done right.

Offline Mrgrill247

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 01:43:25 PM »
Uzo, thanks!!  is it possbile to resize the rest of the sprites only because we want to use those frames to complete Ritcher.  ;D

Pierwolf, the creator of Legacy of Dracula really put this game together.  Its still a demo.  I'm glad everyone loves this game. I'm playing this on my psp. Pretty sweet. I also found this ghost from the Sega Saturn Nocturnal in the Moonlight.  

Also check this other game out here, it another Castlevania game by BonusJZ

http://www.4shared.com/file/75911285/10e3113f/Vampire_Hunters.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrLBBGrFGkI

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?topic=2194.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:31:56 PM by Mrgrill247 »

The silver bullet is the only kind of bullet for firearms that is effective against a Werewolf, witch, or some monsters.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
Pierwolf, the creator of Legacy of Dracula really put this game together.

HOLD IT!

Are you saying you didn't make this game? Why are you asking for sprites for it then?

As a side note; I didn't like Vampire Hunters at all. It was clunky and seemed cheaply slapped together.

Tags:

anything