Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 457510 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »
I'm loving the art for Tim!  ;D

Huh. Even Shiroi loves it, so I guess it's okay for a more manlier Julius to appear ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2015, 12:37:38 AM »
Huh. Even Shiroi loves it, so I guess it's okay for a more manlier Julius to appear ;D

Don't push yer luck, scallywag.

Julius is good. These artworks are not free, too.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2015, 10:19:34 AM »

I'll let this slide as I'm sure it was meant as a friendly jab (kinda difficult to tell on a forum site). But there is a big difference in making a man look youthful, and making a man look feminine. And I have no doubt that you are paying the artist for the work he's willing to do for you. That is not in question nor would I question it. So ease up a little bit bro, okay?  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »
I'll let this slide as I'm sure it was meant as a friendly jab (kinda difficult to tell on a forum site). But there is a big difference in making a man look youthful, and making a man look feminine. And I have no doubt that you are paying the artist for the work he's willing to do for you. That is not in question nor would I question it. So ease up a little bit bro, okay?  :)

Yeah, it surely was a joke. I'll add more pirate lingo next time :)

No need to take it seriously. If I have anything personal against anyone here, I'll settle matters through PM instead of attacking people publicitly. Sorry if you took offense, it was not my intention.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
Yikes, I'm pretty sure everybody's a pirate here, if you know what I mean :rollseyes:

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
Diggin' it :D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »

Julius is good. These artworks are not free, too.

Can I ask how much you are paying for commisson? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

I mean the quality really shows!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2015, 05:33:14 PM »
Yikes, I'm pretty sure everybody's a pirate here, if you know what I mean :rollseyes:

If we really were pirates, we'd rob Konami of all their IPs before they are permanently ruined by a company that doesn't care anymore.

Yeah, it surely was a joke. I'll add more pirate lingo next time :)

I might need a pirate dictionary or something since I'm way out of the lingo loop  ???

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »

Why can't I love it? The illustration fits his character bio and stuff *spoilers spoilers*.
I'm fine with Julius as it is. I love my hearty dose of pretty boys too, you know. haha.  ;D

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »
+1

He's badass, I agree.

And BTW, here's him in sprite form:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:51:56 PM by theplottwist »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24:56 PM »
Awesome sprite! By the way, is that a sawed-off shotgun? Cause nobody in 1999 would be using a primitive flint lock when they've got access to accurate, better, and far more advanced firepower.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2015, 11:44:54 PM »
Bruh, did you even look at his profile? :V
(click to show/hide)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2015, 09:42:44 AM »
Bruh, did you even look at his profile? :V

I did, but 'Agartha' doesn't tell me anything so I had to look it up. And the only things I've found so-far have nothing to do with weapons. It's either about the hollow earth theory or some other things  :-\

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
Bruh, either you don't know Order of Ecclesia or IGA games just plain don't exist to you. :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2015, 10:10:07 AM »
I did, but 'Agartha' doesn't tell me anything so I had to look it up. And the only things I've found so-far have nothing to do with weapons. It's either about the hollow earth theory or some other things  :-\

lol I laughed for real XD Sorry man  :-[

"Agartha" is the name of Albus' flintlock. The weapon even has a series number (which I forgot right now). Timothy's gun looks old as shit because it is actually 200 years old, and was last used by Albus.

And, just to make sure people don't flip out: Timothy ALSO has modern weapons, too. Agartha is his main weapon, but there are others.

Tags: 1999 Awes