Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98285 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
I think it is pretty obvious that the anniversary game will not be released this year.

As someone else pointed out a certain Final Fantasy game was released the year after its anniversary.

That may be what Konami decides to do if they are indeed making a anniversary game.
It's actually funny you brought up Dissidia not being released on FF's 20th anniverary(missing it by a year), because, seemingly Square has something big in store for FF's 25th anniversary(next year) and Tetsuya Nomura hinted that the Theatrhythm game(a beat-type FF game) is the first part of many announcements tied to the 25th anniversary. It's funny, Square has a bunch of things in store, while Konami.... *tumbleweed rolls by*.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
It's actually funny you brought up Dissidia not being released on FF's 20th anniverary(missing it by a year), because, seemingly Square has something big in store for FF's 25th anniversary(next year) and Tetsuya Nomura hinted that the Theatrhythm game(a beat-type FF game) is the first part of many announcements tied to the 25th anniversary. It's funny, Square has a bunch of things in store, while Konami.... *tumbleweed rolls by*.

So it's up to the fans to step up and demand Konami hold themselves to a higher standard.  :-)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »
then again, Final fantasy is Squenix's MGS and their big moneymaker, so...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »
At the very least, Konami's doing more than Nintendo is with Metroid this year...

Even if we don't get a new game this year, there's at least something planned!

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
At the very least, Konami's doing more than Nintendo is with Metroid this year...

Even if we don't get a new game this year, there's at least something planned!

If we dont get a new game this year, then they plan on an new LOS add on , LOS II or whatever the "Plan" is. And if so, im out for sure. Im not interested into playing that kind of castlevania...
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »
Factoid: Expect 3 3DS Castlevania Titles and probably 1 or 2 Vita titles

High chance of a remake of
Castlevania III: Dracula's CurSe

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »
Castlevania 3: Dracula'S Curse

Fixed.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:19 AM »
The 3DS isn't exactly selling like Nintendo (or anyone else) expected. Making games for the 3DS is not necessarily a great idea right now, but the price drop will probably change that. Anyway, I don't expect three Castlevania games for it right now, but if it starts selling like the original DS, that might change.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »
The 3DS isn't exactly selling like Nintendo (or anyone else) expected. Making games for the 3DS is not necessarily a great idea right now, but the price drop will probably change that. Anyway, I don't expect three Castlevania games for it right now, but if it starts selling like the original DS, that might change.

in that case the Vita should just abandon all hope, with a $350 price tag i doubt anyone will be in a hurry for this one.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »
The hell you're talking, it's $250 for Wi-fi version. Also, $250 wasn't the problem with 3DS, the shit has almost no games. Who wants a portable with no games? Of course, some people thought it was overpriced for what it offers (hardware and software).

Now it's priced more correctly, it'll sell better this week, but will drop just a little after, since there are no games coming 'till November and December for it, again.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:31 PM »
If we dont get a new game this year, then they plan on an new LOS add on , LOS II or whatever the "Plan" is. And if so, im out for sure. Im not interested into playing that kind of castlevania...
Bye-bye then.  :)

I hope this anniversary project would be released on big consoles. Though more likely that it would be downloadable game in this case. Though if it would be a compilation there is always possibility for a disk release.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »
The hell you're talking, it's $250 for Wi-fi version. Also, $250 wasn't the problem with 3DS, the shit has almost no games. Who wants a portable with no games? Of course, some people thought it was overpriced for what it offers (hardware and software).

Now it's priced more correctly, it'll sell better this week, but will drop just a little after, since there are no games coming 'till November and December for it, again.
Isn't that a problem with a lot of the consoles too nowadays. I remember, back in the day, when by launch and even shortly after, there used to be a slew of games ready for player consumption, wide variety and such. Do you think it has anything to do with the more amount of time it takes to crank out games nowaydays in general? I used to love when systems were released, and you had a great number of games there waiting for you. Lots of developers(particularly 3rd party) also seemed more gung-ho in supporting these consoles(or hand-helds). It seems like enthusiasm's at an all-time low.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »

$250 is still overpriced based on the Technology, I probably wont get it because there still is nothing but spinoff titles for it. Does Square-Enix and Sega HAVE to make all the original titles for Sony's handhelds?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »
For whoever might be interested, Cox just now tweeted that he won't be at Gamescom or TGS this year.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:18:13 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2011, 01:47:23 AM »
For whoever might be interested, Cox just now tweeted that he won't be at Gamescom or TGS this year.

Great news indeed. ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags:

anything