Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1048268 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1770 on: June 08, 2015, 01:30:22 PM »
I hope this game will have wall meat.
Me too, finding random food in the walls or corners is fun.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1771 on: June 08, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »
Oh never mind X. I had you wrong!

I mistook your post for sarcasm. Noting your favorite game listed right under your name would have helped. My bad.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1772 on: June 08, 2015, 02:56:21 PM »
+2
hey what should be Bloodstained ROTN's promotional line?

"Koji Igarashi's about to make you his butt-slut."

That's my vote.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1773 on: June 08, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »
hey what should be Bloodstained ROTN's promotional line?

"Night falls, and the hunt begins. Let us partake in festivity, in pleasure, and in blood."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1774 on: June 08, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
I like how IGA is always doing the Belmont strut in these live action videos. I wonder if Miriam will have a similar walking animation.

...I don't know what else to talk about.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1775 on: June 08, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »
God I hope not. I hate the strut. It works with the old games but it's the future now. Let them have beautiful animation.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1776 on: June 08, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »
I love my Vita...the hardware is awesome. I only wish there were more games. It just sucks that such a well-made handheld has very little support going for it.

I bought it for playing some PSP games and indie games. Almost all of the best indie games out there are on the Vita. Specially in the roguelike genre.

And a bit later... in the metroidvania too.

Don't skip over indie games just because they are indie. Indie games are the new mid-sized games. So many great ones out there.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1777 on: June 08, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »
Yoshitaka Amano! Holy shit! I mean only $250 backers get the poster, but still. At least I imagine they'll upload the art for wallpapers n' shit sooner or later.

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1778 on: June 08, 2015, 05:45:41 PM »
+1
Yoshitaka Amano  :o

I feel my wallet loosening...but then again it's just a poster. We'll be seeing the art regardless.

EDIT:

Is it just me, or does the overall feel and aesthetic of this game now surpass what Mighty No. 9 looks like now? I have a lot of confidence in this team and am almost sold on 2.5D. Lighting is rich but not overpowering, there's still a 2D-style parallax, and alpha!Miriam really pops like a sprite.

Very, very encouraged to see this  :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:54:54 PM by The Most Curious Thing »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1779 on: June 08, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »
Holy shit guys!!! The prototype... it looks like the concept art. Almost exactly like the concept art.

The animations are rough and Iga is giving them the tips on how to improve her movement.

It's happening! This shit will be exactly what we were expecting!!! It'll be at least on par with the GBA/DS games!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1780 on: June 08, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »
Yeah, I was definitely glad IGA said she needed to jog. Her speed was fine, but unless she's doing the full Simon power-walk then she needs to be jogging a little bit.

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1781 on: June 08, 2015, 06:01:03 PM »
Yeah, I was definitely glad IGA said she needed to jog. Her speed was fine, but unless she's doing the full Simon power-walk then she needs to be jogging a little bit.

I'm actually kinda glad it's 2.5D for stuff like this. It's scores easier to change the animation of an existing model than build a sprite cycle from scratch.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1782 on: June 08, 2015, 06:05:33 PM »
Oh never mind X. I had you wrong!

I mistook your post for sarcasm. Noting your favorite game listed right under your name would have helped. My bad.

LOL! No prob. Had me worried for almost the whole day.

@The Most Curious Thing

Nice find! Looks like IGA's game is coming along nicely.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1783 on: June 08, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
This looks awesome. It might be the glare distorting the color a bit, but I'm getting an old SNES-era Capcom vibe with the choice of background colors:

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1784 on: June 08, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
Oh! Something else I forgot to quote from the update:

With our Paypal backers included -- $118k from more than 1400 backers, as of this morning -- you've hit the Orchestrated Tracks stretch goal with momentum to burn! It'll be a while before Yamane and Yamada have all the tracks composed for Bloodstained, but now that you've reached this stretch goal they did want to allay one fear a few backers have had: There's still going to be a ton of variety on this soundtrack.

Hitting the orchestra stretch goal allows them to use live instrumentation where it makes sense, but some tracks just make more sense with electronic arrangements.
Songs like Yamada's "Cursed Orphan", which already includes violin and electric guitar parts, will be performed by a smaller, rock-oriented ensemble.

Okay, I feel a lot better about orchestration now. I'm also confident they'll contract a studio orchestra that's tighter than the youth orchestra from that Castlevania concert in 2010 (and that Yamane won't play piano, since it's not her forte  :P )

Tags:

anything