Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Adagio of Decay  (Read 7651 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: February 03, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »
Did anyone knew about this one? It's looking awesome!!!

Adagio of Decay-Atlantis Trailer
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »
Some of the enemy animations look really choppy, but it is looking pretty good. Kinda feels like a sequel to Dracula X.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
I might be wrong, but wasn't this Dracula9's game?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Adagio of Decay
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »
the youtube account says dracula9. it looks really awesome, wonder if it's still in production?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »
Yes it is Dracula9's game and it's still in production!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
It may lack polish but overall it looks pretty solid. The character movement looks fairly accurate to the older games like dracula x or rondo.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
For a better judge of the game, here is another video!!!

Adagio of Decay-Trailer 1
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
I don't know why CV fan makers now are so obsessed with having a time limit on their whip power-ups. Why couldn't it be like Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge and Castlevania: Bloodlines, where the power-up was lost if you took a hit? That imo is a far better system then a time limit. By having a power-up that you would lose upon being hit, it forced you to be a better and more thought-out player, because you would strive to keep your power-up for as long as you could. It made you want to dodge enemies and traps in preparation to use your power against the boss at the end of the stage. This was something I always looked forward to while playing bloodlines or the two Gameboy titles.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 02:23:40 AM »
I don't know why CV fan makers now are so obsessed with having a time limit on their whip power-ups. Why couldn't it be like Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge and Castlevania: Bloodlines, where the power-up was lost if you took a hit? That imo is a far better system then a time limit. By having a power-up that you would lose upon being hit, it forced you to be a better and more thought-out player, because you would strive to keep your power-up for as long as you could. It made you want to dodge enemies and traps in preparation to use your power against the boss at the end of the stage. This was something I always looked forward to while playing bloodlines or the two Gameboy titles.

I agree with you on that and that's something, i didn't like on Castlevania Rebirth!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
Well I admit when I read the title of the game I was expecting another Sotn wannabe 'cause it seems everyone copies that type of names since this game came out instead of picking a more badass name but it's looking good, I'm getting annoyed by the Medusa's heads just by watching this video, good music, it would be nice if they speed up Richter a bit.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »

It's not an obsession with me so much as laziness. I'm in my senior year of high school and there's a lot, I mean a LOT, of shit that I have to do. And that's not even counting scholarship stuff for college and job-hunting. Time limits on the flame whip are because I don't have a lot of time to program in a variable that would coincide with the enemy parent and the whip parent. While I know how to do it, I haven't had a lot of time to work on the game. Notice that I rarely get on here anymore? And how I haven't updated the game's videos in almost a year? I've been busy. Once summer hits, assuming I don't get a job, I'll have more time to do stuff. I've planned on having the whip be BR style, but lack of time has effectively prevented me from implementing it.

Also, could someone here please clarify what "polished" means? I keep hearing that words thrown around, but the varying contexts are confusing as to whether they're referring to gameplay, graphics, I don't know what. Someone help lest I drown in the unknown.

Well I admit when I read the title of the game I was expecting another Sotn wannabe 'cause it seems everyone copies that type of names since this game came out instead of picking a more badass name but it's looking good, I'm getting annoyed by the Medusa's heads just by watching this video, good music, it would be nice if they speed up Richter a bit.
They were pretty cheap. I adjusted their speed and spawn rate based on difficulty level and tweaked the movement arcs a bit. The character's a bit quicker, too.

It may lack polish but overall it looks pretty solid. The character movement looks fairly accurate to the older games like dracula x or rondo.
Hee hee. Yep. Them's the physics I was aiming for.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »
Hey Dracula9, had no idea you were even on here. Hope my post wasn't too harsh and sorry if it was. anyhoo you were wondering about this?
                                \/

Also, could someone here please clarify what "polished" means? I keep hearing that words thrown around, but the varying contexts are confusing as to whether they're referring to gameplay, graphics, I don't know what. Someone help lest I drown in the unknown.

When someone refers to the term 'polished' they mean a game that has been tested and tested over again to get all the bugs out so the game itself is almost flawless when running. No glitches, graphical errors, etc. A game where everything is almost perfect if not perfect.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 04:18:17 AM »
Wow, when i was making that thread, i din't knew that you were a member here Dracula9!!! :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 07:39:08 AM »
For a better judge of the game, here is another video!!!

Adagio of Decay-Trailer 1
Looks impressive what is it being programmed with?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »
Looks impressive what is it being programmed with?

Game Maker 8.0 Pro.

Wow, when i was making that thread, i din't knew that you were a member here Dracula9!!! :o

Yep. I made a thread for the game myself as a development topic a while ago. It got swallowed by the other topics. Glad to see someone's keeping an eye on my progress without me mentioning it.  :)

Hey Dracula9, had no idea you were even on here. Hope my post wasn't too harsh and sorry if it was. anyhoo you were wondering about this?
                                \/

When someone refers to the term 'polished' they mean a game that has been tested and tested over again to get all the bugs out so the game itself is almost flawless when running. No glitches, graphical errors, etc. A game where everything is almost perfect if not perfect.

Don't worry about it. I got what you meant, no worries.

Ah, good to know. The game gets tested every time a new object or enemy is made, but actual beginning-to-end tests aren't happening too often since the level takes a chunk of time to complete. And I'm lazy. :-X

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything