Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 91748 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania in 2015
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
For me, Castlevania is dead, but the old games are still with me in spirit. Castlevania ended with a bang, with Order of Ecclesia.

Lords of shadow is not Castlevania, despite what Konami and game developers wanted you to think. Similar to what a man with make-up, dress and wig would make..he was masked to look as a woman, but he is still a man. Lords was a different game masked and marketed as Castlevania.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2015, 01:45:23 PM »
For me, Castlevania is dead, but the old games are still with me in spirit. Castlevania ended with a bang, with Order of Ecclesia.

Lords of shadow is not Castlevania, despite what Konami and game developers wanted you to think. Similar to what a man with make-up, dress and wig would make..he was masked to look as a woman, but he is still a man. Lords was a different game masked and marketed as Castlevania.

Dude, ironically that's how I feel with Metroidvania or Igavania games just saying.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2015, 08:17:20 AM »
The character animations are atrocious.

Im honestly not really a fan of that prerendered 2D stuff.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
WTF is this?

Anathema - Official Teaser Trailer

Art style and visuals makes the game look like one of those cheap throwaway Xbox live indie games, not a fan of that look.

Shame since the gameplay looks pretty straightforward like a traditional 2D Castlevania.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »
I know LoS2 was released around this time last year. And I know Konami is really invested in MGS5, and (hopefully) the new Silent Hill. That said, when they can appropriate a team, I just want a new 2D CV. Preferably an HD remaster of SCIV, or the 1999 game. Seems unlikely though.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »
Art style and visuals makes the game look like one of those cheap throwaway Xbox live indie games, not a fan of that look.

Shame since the gameplay looks pretty straightforward like a traditional 2D Castlevania.

Insert comment about not judging books by their cover and how one shouldn't be playing games just because of the graphics here.

If they're really really bad I can understand detracting from the overall experience, but really, I've seen far worse uses of prerenders in games.

Pisces is the one working on Anathema, so we know the gameplay's gonna rock. And honestly, placing such heavy judgments on a game that has been clearly stated by aforementioned creator to be very early in seems counterintuitive. I know that the CV fandom has excruciatingly high standards, but they also want new content that calls back to the good ol' 2D days. Can't have your cake and eat it too, people.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2015, 01:33:01 AM »
Insert comment about not judging books by their cover and how one shouldn't be playing games just because of the graphics here.

If they're really really bad I can understand detracting from the overall experience, but really, I've seen far worse uses of prerenders in games.

Pisces is the one working on Anathema, so we know the gameplay's gonna rock. And honestly, placing such heavy judgments on a game that has been clearly stated by aforementioned creator to be very early in seems counterintuitive. I know that the CV fandom has excruciatingly high standards, but they also want new content that calls back to the good ol' 2D days. Can't have your cake and eat it too, people.

Didn't mean to come off as a jerk with my comment, it's just how I feel. The backgrounds and the animation just looks a little off (right now, Im not saying it's gonna stay that way since it's clearly a work in progress) I do know it's an unfinished product and im sure Pisces will tune it up. As I said before the gameplay looks solid enough and that ultimately matters in the end. It could look like a Atari 2600 game for all I care as long as the gameplay is fun.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:45:59 AM by Kingshango »

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2015, 08:51:11 AM »
No harm no foul. I'll be the first to admit there's tons of work to do. Some of the animations are stiff to me too. It's all a work in progress. :)

As to not derail from the thread though...does anyone feel Konami will make any announcements around E3 for CV?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2015, 09:44:58 AM »
As to not derail from the thread though...does anyone feel Konami will make any announcements around E3 for CV?

Probably not. As mentioned before LoS 2 was only recently released in Japan, and not too long before that, over here. It might be a couple of years or longer before were hear anything CV related.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2015, 11:59:59 AM »

The two most likely scenerio's are:

1. Nothing.
2. Castlevania Lords of Shadow Remastered collection for the current gen consoles.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »
+1
I'm going with scenario number 1.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2015, 12:06:26 AM »
I'd like to imagine Konami's secretly been working on the DCW game all this time, and has been putting out distraction games to dash the fan's hopes, only to skyrocket them back up with the release of DCW.

I'd like to.

But yes, nothing - or at least nothing new - seems the most probable. With the next-gen consoles gaining popularity, I'm sure the company's been weighing their options there.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2015, 06:40:17 AM »
I couldnt seem to find them. Does anyone know what the sales figures have been like for LoS2?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »
Before anyone posts anything, a quick reminder that VGChartz has admitted to guesswork and is therefore bollocks. :V
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2015, 07:05:56 AM »
I couldnt seem to find them. Does anyone know what the sales figures have been like for LoS2?
All we know is that Cox said that LoS2 (at least in the UK) sold less than LoS1, but still more than any previous CV.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything