Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 91760 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2015, 11:11:10 PM »
+2
Man.. I'd throw a couple insults your way for what you said there. I won't though because what I want to say to you will probably get me banned. We wouldn't want that now would we?
Its true though. That's all Operation Akumajo ever was. It was just Cecil-Kain going "NOT MUH CASTLEVANIA", and instead demanding a 1999 Battle game, a lore event from a 2003 game that noone at Konami, not even IGA, ever had any serious intention to make into a game. It was ridiculously entitled, was just an echochamber of one guy's opinion and himself as the mouthpiece- And tried to legitimize itself by comparing to Operation Rainfall or 100K Strong, 2 movements which not only actually DID things to raise awareness and get attention, but were about localising already made games,(O.R.) and getting Capcom to fulfill promises and acklowledge an audience exists for an "interest gauging"  game they had already finished.

Operation Akumajo meanwhile, was just Cecil Kain demanding Konami make the 1999 game because HE didn't like LoS. It was never about anything but his own opinions.

There were plenty of ways OA could have spread the message of wanting more Castlevania, or trying to show Konami Castlevania still has an audience and that they should keep trying to make new games.

But thats the thing, it wasn't about that. It was just about hating one game, and demanding another specific one, and the way he went about it was just cringeworthy.

I mean just READ the "Open letter" to Konami

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=934996516520107&id=243488722337560&substory_index=0

It's literally an entitled "OR ELSE!" ransom note

But hey, if the truth hurts you that bad, feel free to insult me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:26:37 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2015, 06:35:21 AM »
FWIW, and I am not hating on LoS, but I feel Konami should have closed the canon with the 1999 DCW before releasing LoS. I get that it is a lore thing, but if Konami insisted to further expand the beginning of the series and retcon Dracula's Curse being the first game, then I feel they should have gave equal effort to close out Dracula's story arc. He has only been the main villain for almost every game.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2015, 07:40:53 AM »
You know what, people? Konami wants $$$, and doesn't give a shit about lore and the hypotetical 1999 game. Maybe IGA cared a little about it.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »
Like I said before though, the 1999 DCW is nothing more but a backstory that doesn't mean to have it's own game like the rest of the other games(The war of the werewolves in Legacy of Darkness, Maxim's quest on finding Dracula's body parts in Harmony of Dissonance, Hector's defection from Dracula in Curse of Darkness, etc. etc.). The 1999 DCW is not a true closure of the canon IMO since there's still a story afterwards like Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »
Perhaps my wording was not the best. But I feel when you deal with a very important part of the series villain, it at LEAST deserves to be heavily expounded upon. And Konami knows people want that story, which = $$$.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »
IGA had plenty of chances to make the game.

Instead, he made LoI, DoS, CoD, PoR, OoE, DXC, and Judgement

He once said he wouldnt mind doing it if the circumstances were right, but it obviously wasn't a priority for him. And there's no reason why 1999 NEEDS a game. It's literally designed to just be backstory. It's meant to enrich the setting for Aria, nothing more.

I'd like a Julius game as much as the next guy, but that doesnt mean it has to be 1999. I'd rather see his adventures post-Aria. Middle Aged Badass Beard Julius > Young Generic Belmont Julius
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2015, 09:11:08 AM »
If the story was the only thing that matters then it should be released as a novel or a radio drama or a manga which is more detailed than making the actual game.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
@Flame
You appear to have been... Flame-baited 8)

I remember Cecil-Kain. He left the forum around the time I started posting, but I'm pretty sure his last thread was OA's review of Mirror of Fate. It was a surprisingly good review, but it ended with this confusing "endorsement" of the game despite it "not being what we wanted", followed by a page-long laundry list of Operation Akumajo's demands. I can't say he has changed.

I mean, just read his latest letter. It's funny, really.

"Your zeal to reinvent Castlevania in 3D has cost you dearly"
"What profit is it to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?"
"But now you have gone astray, and it’s time to repent"

It sounds as if Konami committed some irreparable moral crime or something.

Operation Akumajo is well-intended, but they'll never get anywhere unless they tone down their "demands" a notch. I don't think Konami has even once acknowledged them so far.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:53:24 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2015, 03:17:22 PM »
I see Operation Akumajo as sort of a unintentional self parody of it's former self now.

Started off genuine enough but as years went by it dove into crazy Bond villian(or Dr.Evil)-ish territory.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »

All I can really say is when I release our demo, give it a whirl and give your feedback. All feedback is appreciated.

Oh cool, dev right on the forum! Well now I have to try it out when the demo comes out and get back to you.

It sounds as if Konami committed some irreparable moral crime or something.

Operation Akumajo is well-intended, but they'll never get anywhere unless they tone down their "demands" a notch. I don't think Konami has even once acknowledged them so far.

That's really why they come off as so childish. Instead of it being a movement saying "We're still here Konami! We still like 2D Metroidvania! We will give you our money if you make one!" it's a "You really screwed up Konami! How dare you do what you did! Your actions are reprehensible and nothing will be right until you give into our demands!".

They just come off as kids with their priorities all out of whack.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
Might as well post this here.

http://london1888.bigcartel.com/

Pretty amazing fan made Castlevania print/shirt. Definitely gonna get the shirt or print to own.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2015, 11:52:29 PM »

Pretty amazing fan made Castlevania print/shirt. Definitely gonna get the shirt or print to own.
The CV shirts are amazing. Might buy one! :)

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2015, 04:14:53 AM »

Thank you so much! Ordering one for sure!

As for Castlevania:  at this point, I just want a sign that the series hasn't been shelved.  Even if it's nothing more than a small downloadable only title, a remake, just anything. 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
Unfortunately all we can do is wait and see. But we're all used to this right?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »
Wow that shirt is awesome.. Might have to get one.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags:

anything