Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 92190 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »
I said this before some time ago but even if they do make a LOS3, how could they even continue the story? Everyone is dead except for Dracula and Alucard, Satan is no longer a threat and the Belmonts have gone extinct. The only way LOS3 can even be a thing is if it's either a prequel or they come up with a time travel plot that retcons everything like Days of Future Past.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
I said this before some time ago but even if they do make a LOS3, how could they even continue the story? Everyone is dead except for Dracula and Alucard, Satan is no longer a threat and the Belmonts have gone extinct. The only way LOS3 can even be a thing is if it's either a prequel or they come up with a time travel plot that retcons everything like Days of Future Past.
Or they could do like MoF and tell the story of another Belmont/character.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »
I remember there were rumours of a prequel. Not sure how they could extend that beyond one game, though.

I'm no expert on LoS canon, but did Gabula die more than once? The LoS2 intro just glosses over the entire period between it and MoF. If that's the case, the filler basically writes itself. 

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »
Gabriel does imply that he fought more Belmonts, or at the very least holy warriors, between the events of Mirror and LOS2 prologue. Something like, "This paladin will be like the others before him."
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »
So that trademark claim means more LoS on the way then huh.

Damn, I'm never gonna get a good 3DS Castlevania game am I?

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2015, 03:59:49 PM »
Let's believe for a second that another LoS is being made. The good thing that can be taken away from it is that the Castlevania brand is still relevant to Konami and they want to see more made.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Kingshango

a while ago before los2 was released, i had a theory that in the climax, dracula uses the time machine located in his castle to travel back in time to prevent himself from turning & rescuing carmilla cornell & zobek (maybe even throw St. Germain in there to really mess with things),  thus obliterating this timeline and allowing for the "canon" timeline to exist starting with lament,

i think that wouldve been a better ending than the 1 we got

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2015, 11:08:07 PM »
^ yes. definitely better. BUT it won't happen.  :(

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »
a while ago before los2 was released, i had a theory that in the climax, dracula uses the time machine located in his castle to travel back in time to prevent himself from turning & rescuing carmilla cornell & zobek (maybe even throw St. Germain in there to really mess with things),  thus obliterating this timeline and allowing for the "canon" timeline to exist starting with lament,

i think that wouldve been a better ending than the 1 we got
or changing the status quo so instead of Gabriel becoming Dracula, he just has a normal fucking family, and we can get other belmonts doing their thing.

I know Castlevania is sort of weird without Dracula, but i DID always wish we'd get some other big bad evil monster overlords that aren't just shown up by Dracula in the end. Walter was cool. Though he was still just a Dracula stand-in. AoS was cool, as Dracula wasn't a villain at all, but the fucking protagonist, the main villain was basically the castle itself, and a mad cultist trying to obtain it's power.

I liked that in LoS, the villain thing was 3fold. you had 3 big bads, each representing a different prominent mythos character. A Werewolf, a Vampire, and Death. With an ancient demon thrown in for good measure, and Satan, because if you're gonna introduce Hell into the series(DoS), you might as well go all the way.

I'd be all for prequels with other Belmonts vs Dracula.

I liked that aspect of MoF, but I feel it was held back by it's awkward gameplay.

I LIKED LoS2's gameplay. the combat, specifically. the open world aspect was poorly done in general, though the castle was alright. I prefer LoS' chapter method, as it also allows for replaying bosses.

In the end I guess only time will tell.

That'd be something Kojima would do.
Im probably like the only person who'd actually be very ok with kojima directing a Castlevania. Knowing him, it'd be campy as hell, with a cheesy as fuck plot.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2015, 03:54:35 AM »
They could reboot LoS altogether so LoS2 isn't canon anymore, I dunno how else they could continue the series.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2015, 04:31:02 AM »
If anything, the LoS games look FANTASTIC in screenshots. I'd argue that the pre-release screenshots for both LoS and LoS2 could be considered trolling. Or fraud.

If LoS3 is ever gonna be a thing I'd recommend Mercurysteam to release it in the form of, y'know - a BOOK. With screenshots. That is all.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2015, 08:20:13 AM »
I still want a complete remake of LOS2. It won't happen, but that's what would make me the most happy.

I'm curious, has there been a video game remake that changed not only the graphics, but the game-play, story, characters, etc.?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:59:30 AM by Anglachel »

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »
What if they retell the original timeline, or either one really, but gender switch every character like the two "worlds" in Adventure Time!? ;-D

Heh...Gabriella Belmont...or Gabriellula X-D

(I am trying to be funny...but I don't think I'd actually be against such an idea.  Might cost more than it'd be worth...but still fun to think about!)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:40:44 AM by theANdROId »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »
I still want a complete remake of LOS2. It won't happen, but that's what would make me the most happy.

I'm curious, has there been a video game remake that changed not only the graphics, but the game-play, story, characters, etc.?

The Twin Snakes kinda sorta did in terms of gameplay but the story and characters were pretty much the same. Except for maybe rocket jumping Snake that is.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2015, 11:30:21 AM »
If anything, the LoS games look FANTASTIC in screenshots. I'd argue that the pre-release screenshots for both LoS and LoS2 could be considered trolling. Or fraud.

If LoS3 is ever gonna be a thing I'd recommend Mercurysteam to release it in the form of, y'know - a BOOK. With screenshots. That is all.

They're probably from the PC version. I don't know which version you played, but if your PC could handle the higher settings, the games are GORGEOUS.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd want another LoS unless Alvarez knows his damn role and lets people do what they know how to do. LoS2 wasn't good because they'd do something cool and then follow it with a bunch of modern day city crap. The whole Wolf Medallion thing wasn't cool either IMO. And it seems like it would be a hard to screw up the player taking the role of Dracula, but somehow they managed to do it. I don't even remember the ending. LoS1 at least had a memorable ending.

I think it would be interesting to explore what might have happened if Gabriel hadn't drunk Laura's blood and taken down the Forgotten One. He wouldn't have become a vampire and the story would have turned out differently; it might be exploring as an alternate timeline possibility.

Or they could just port Castlevania The Arcade (why hasn't this been done yet?)

Tags:

anything