Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: R4DS on DSi?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »
Wondering if any of you know if there are flash carts that work on a DSi XL. I have an R4 for my DS Lite but to my knowledge it doesn't work on my DSi.

The R4DS website has the R4i which supports 32GB microSDHC cards. Curious if anyone here has tried one. Might even just take the plunge because it would really be nice to have a high-capacity one for my XL.

Apparently there's even a 3DS one which is backwards compatible with DSi and DS.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:31:17 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »
I don't know about the DSi.
My R4 is with my big fat DS.

I remembered someone I know say that after he updated the 3ds firmware, his R4 failed to work.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:51:18 PM »
I have a DSTWO, which totally works on DS, DSLite, DSI, DSIXL, 3DS, and 3DSXL.
However, on the 3DS it only works in DS mode (they still haven't cracked them to play 3DS carts/software).

I also have an R4DS but it won't load on my 3DS (it doesn't recognize the cart).

So you might want to invest in a DSTWO or higher flashcart.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:52 PM »
Does the DSTWO have a microSD size limit? Real Hot Stuff states: "Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32." I assume that means I can throw a 64GB card in and it'll work.

Speaking of which, is Real Hot Stuff a reliable store?

I notice it mentions a built-in GBA emulator, and that's certainly appealing assuming the quality is up to par with GBA carts being played in a DS Lite.

I mostly just want one for my DSi XL since DS games look much better on that; the upscaling on the 3DS just doesn't look as nice, I prefer exact pixels for a sharp image.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »
Just noticed GBAtemp has their own store, ShopTemp, where the DSTWO is $34. I might just grab it there since an established game hacking site seems more secure.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »
The GBA Emulator on the DS for the DSTWO is pretty great... if you're playing RPG's.
If you're playing an action game, however, you will notice a somewhat-extreme level of FrameSkip-o-Rific-ness.

I happen to just use my GBA FlashCart on my DSLite with the DSTWO on top or my R4DS on top (either works).  If you do it that way, you get no frames skipped since the emulator recognizes the GBA hardware of the DSLite and thus you can get full-speed GBA playability if you have a GBA flashcart.

I'm patiently waiting for 3DS homebrew software to become playable.  Then, I imagine, all of those emulation will get all silky and smooth... but for now that's still a dream.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
I was considering getting a GBA flash cart if they're still available. Any one which works fine? Was thinking of even using one for my SP+ if there are good emulators for GBA flash carts. If not, your doubling method on a DS Lite sounds fine. Bonus points if you can switch the B and A buttons to Y and B.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »
On my DSLite, I use the EZIV-Lite.
I think they went as far as EZVI.

It's pretty great.  In the past, it allowed you to load DS games from the GBA slot.  Now, the flashcarts are usually the reverse (they let you load GBA through Slot1 or let you emulate GBA on slot1 via emulation).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
I have a DSi XL on Ver 1.4.5U and used the new R4 3D Revolution for DS. www.r4idsm.com Mine is good to go!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: