Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Sorry for vanishing from the board, PC went to heck in a handbag.  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Im back after being gone for i do not know how long.
Im still trying to make a homebrew but im taking cue from another project and just making my own title and story rather then making a CV game.

I will put up screen shots when i have more done.. i had to start my project over after my PC went durrrrrrr lol.
I tried to use other game creating software but im no programmer, im just good with art and storys.. and i cant ask for someone to program for me lol.

Also, what happen to the project that was stickied at the top of the fan section? It's gone.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Sorry for vanishing from the board, PC went to heck in a handbag.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 02:05:48 PM »
No worries take your time, I'd rather play something you yourself are comfortable with than something you rushed for the sake of releasing something  ;) btw pc crashes happened to me like 5 times or so, made me abbandon 1 project and start another one almost from scratch. Glady I've learned my lesson and make backups now..

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
Well i did manage to back up some things, a few graphics here and there.

I wanted my game to be a side scrolling action game.. but since i can not program im going with an RPG, RPGs are not that hard anyhow.. so far all i can say is what the engine has, im trying to implament jumping over enemies and if you do not make it over them you have to go into battle with them... but so far it seems rather impossible, so i think ill have to just have random encounters for enemys.

Most of the game is side scrolling with jumping gaps and holes and such being context sinsative as i stated before.

I wanted to make the main character female.. but i do not have anything for a female sprite, so im going with a male character.. i still have no title but it will take place more in the bramstrokers novels story rather then belmonts fighting dracula... the main character is still known as Alex Trenton, he does have a whip.. the whip is not magic its not called the vampire killer lol.

And as much as people will dislike it Dracula is not the main badguy though he is "A" badguy.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
Why not go with an active battle system then? I saw fan made rpg games that didn't rely on that stupid concept of random battles or turn based combat. If something, ti was more like dunno, maybe zelda.

It's basically "press attack button to strike, if you hit enemy he's hurt and pushed back, if he hits you with his attack same happens to you."

And as much as people will dislike it Dracula is not the main badguy though he is "A" badguy.
I actually like the idea. I'm sick of games throwing him as a final boss just because, even if he has nothing to do with the story and feels completely out of place.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »
Because, sadly im not a programer/scripter, the scripts im using thus far were premade.

Im basicly using what is available to me, molding everything to work as best as i can make it work.

But i have a feeling people will like what i have in the works.. that is if i can ever finish.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:05 AM »
I dunno what you are using but if you're using rpgmaker there's some premade script around that implements an active battle engine. (dunno where to find it though, it's been ages since I used it.)

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »
thats true.. but the way im trying to get this to work.. and how i want it to play.. im not sure that script would work.. i may try eventualy.. right now im making graphics first since thats what im the best at.. i decided i would make some custom ones.. at first i was going to use some rips and such that i did some heavy editing.. but i have come up with some techniques for making 2D custom graphics.. once im done with graphics ill make either some mokups.. or some actualy in game footage.. im using RPG Maker XP.. this is a project i started long ago and im getting back on it.

Tags: