Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV figures out!?  (Read 37423 times)

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
Re: CV figures out!?
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2007, 07:08:23 AM »
Why are the succubus's nipples so high up?  I didn't know they had shitty boob jobs way back in the 1700's.

Probably for the same reason she has a glittery magenta corset on... whereas when you look at the artwork here: http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/Images/Scans/SotN/dx15.jpg
there isn't a shred of magenta on it.  Hell, they could have given it a deep red or even a brown overcoat, anything but magenta.  I'm also thinking since the nipples are a little to high, they might have been dissatisifed with it, and that's why they decided to put that extra piece on top.  I'm very tempted to paint over the corset now...

It seems like the only really good thing about her is her wings, which are translucent orange-red.  Really pretty.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:22:06 AM by infinitysend »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2007, 08:59:55 AM »
Hey guys, this is Infinity's End from your sister site, The Metroid Database.  I joined this forum to tell you guys my story.

I just recently purchased the Succubus figure off of Amazon for $15.  As I'm sure many of you already have noticed, the Succubus has an "addition" to the top of her corset.  Being familiar with how censorship works in this country, I'm sure the original sculptor was just trying to stay true to the artwork, but some big shot head had to come in and say no no no, cover 'em up.  Even the artwork on the back, which features all 4 figures, shows her with a more revealing chest!  (It was almost like they were trying to TELL us something)  So, since I'm not a big collector or anything, I had no problems opening up the box.  Her additional top is very obvious that it was a last-minute decision.  So I pulled out my trusty ol' exacto knife and slowly pushed off the top part.... 

Wheee, I have nipples!

Unfortunately as you can see, there were pieces of paint that came off when the piece popped off since it was glued on.  (they obviously do not want you to remove it)  I pulled out my flesh-tone paint and covered up the spots.

Yeah it's not exactly the same tone, but whatever, I'm happy with it.  You can barely tell unless you're looking up-close.  And it certainly looks better than it did.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the figure.  She's definitely sexy, and after "modding" the figure a tad, she's very close to the original source material!  I can't say I like the 3 other figures as much as this one, which is why I only bought Succy.  I hope you enjoyed my little story!

(Don't forget folks, this is America, so anything that has to do with a nipple instantly means boobies, which instantly means sex, so you can't let any children see it!  Because SEX, boobies, and nipples are OFF LIMITS until you're 18!!)

Hey thanks man, I got a succubus and simon on the way and I'll be sure and modify mine too, adding additional coverage was bullshit. I want the figure to be the way the makers intended. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
Update
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »
Hey guys,
Well, I've gone and done it.
The magenta coloring on her corset and boots were really bothering me, and I didn't like the tone differences on the breasts, so I repainted most of the figure.  It's amazing what a little gloss black paint makes!  I left her face and arms/hands untouched because I didn't want to risk screwing them up. Behold, the improved Succubus figure!

old boot vs. new boot:
http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/succypics/blackandold.JPG
Finished boots:
http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/succypics/boots.JPG
Repainted torso:
http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/succypics/torsorepaint.JPG
Finished Product:

TeknoGothyk

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »
In Reply To #78

I guess I still have time to figure out how to paint-fix mine - Big Bad Toy Store claims they haven't even gotten any CV figures in stock yet. /sob

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2007, 05:35:24 PM »
In Reply To #78

I guess I still have time to figure out how to paint-fix mine - Big Bad Toy Store claims they haven't even gotten any CV figures in stock yet. /sob

aww that sucks man yeah I couldn't find any in any of my local toy/comic stores either, I had to get mine off ebay.

Finished Product:

Yeah I like the black better, the magenta looked cheap but the paint you used creates a sort of sheen around the black areas. I don't know maybe it's just the lighting or the freshness of the paint.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 05:42:56 PM by The Last Belmont »

TeknoGothyk

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »
In Reply To #82

The bad part is, I've had them on order with BBTS since August. I've got  two on order - one for openin and displayin, and a Collector's Edition for hangin' on the wall.

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
Quote from: The Last Belmont
Yeah I like the black better, the magenta looked cheap but the paint you used creates a sort of sheen around the black areas. I don't know maybe it's just the lighting or the freshness of the paint.  :)

Thanks, glad you like it!  Well that's what happens when you use gloss black paint.  It's not like this kind of paint is rare, or expensive, or is hard to make, right?  The figure is just cheaply made.  And I don't know wtf they were smoking when they decided to add magenta to that damn thing... >_>

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »
In Reply To #84
It was not cheaply made it all.  It had a different color than what you prefer.  I think your version looks smudgy and no where near as good as the original paint job.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »
In Reply To #61

You might be disappointed, but you're likely in the minority.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:20:55 PM by The Last Belmont »

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 09:36:20 PM »
I think Neca did well by not just repainting simon different colors for his variant, they're giving us Castlevania 1 Simon in this release and 2 in the next release, I would be majorly dissappointed if they just took the CV simon and painted him red and black or some other colors.

Yeah never understood what was going through iga's head when he thought that looked cool, oldschool blond/brown haired simon all the way.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »
Why are the succubus's nipples so high up?  I didn't know they had shitty boob jobs way back in the 1700's.

She is wearing a push-up corset. It's actually very anatomically correct in that regard. The corset is pushing the base of the breasts up, causing the raise of the middle and top.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a critic when it comes to breasts in art.

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2007, 07:40:20 AM »
In Reply To #84
It was not cheaply made it all.  It had a different color than what you prefer.  I think your version looks smudgy and no where near as good as the original paint job.
::)
Wow, and I absolutely couldn't care less what you think.  I didn't do this to satisfy you, I did it to satisfy ME.  So whether you like it or not, absolutely doesn't matter.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »
My brother saw the figures at a specialty figure store at my local mall. He said that Alucard looked the worse out of all of them and that the place where his hair is connected to his head is obviously lifted(his hair is removeable and they didn't take the time to glue it firmly to place). He said the other figures look good, though.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »
In Reply To #90

Well that sucks.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »
In Reply To #89
It's just funny that you are sitting there saying you did so much better than them.  You said they did a cheap job.  I laugh.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Tags: