Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [MP3] Hail to the Past - Reggaeton RemiX! (Finally, some DS Castlevania lovin')  (Read 3235 times)

Offline geoff429

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
Allo guys,

Here is my first remix from the DS Castlevanias! I've put them off for way too long. To start off I'll be sharing my remix of "Hail to the Past" from Portrait of Ruin. I recently acquired some nice ethnic samples, so I put them to use in this track. I also added a nice reggaeton beat to it, I bet you could dance to it!

http://www.box.net/shared/7h0arz9qkn

Cheers,

- Geoffrey Gunn.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:47:57 PM by geoff429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
My compliments to your skills dude!! That piece was so difinitively Egyptian that it far surpasses the DS original! Do us another one!!  :D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rictrunks

• ----
  • Hunter in Training
  • ----
    • Awards
Wow! GeoffreyGunn, I remember you. Great to see you and your arrangements again. Please do it more!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

I always groove to this tune as if it were a heavy dance tune, so it's cool to have a version that is set up as such.  :D
Good job.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline geoff429

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I already felt that the original had a dance-groove to it, so I wanted to enhance that. The instrumentation of my remix is culturally inconsistent though! I used a Sarangi, Oud, Indian bollywood strings, and a reggaeton beat. Not very egyptian at all!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
The Egyptians and the Indians have some similarities so it's not a whole lot of difference in my mind.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything