Poll

Which of the castlevania series like most?

The nes series?
9 (36%)
The GBA series?
6 (24%)
The playstation series?
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which of the castlevania series like most?  (Read 12759 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Which of the castlevania series like most?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »
Agreed. Back beasts, *whip snap*, back! Let the person like what they want to like.

Me, personally, I would say NES.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »
In Reply To #14

Hey, if he finds that CoD is a good game, so be it. I wouldn't want anybody to tell me want I should like and what I shouldn't.
::)

No one is telling you or him what you should like. It is complete irrelevant, and I really couldn't care less.

I did find it obnoxious of him to blame people themselves for not liking CoD and reasoning that it's only because it's supposedly "...not like Sotn" or "doesn't feel like a Castlevania", basically saying that people bitch too much. There are reasons as to why it is almost unanimously criticized by the community at large. To shrug these reasons off as simply people bitching is pretty ignorant to me.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »
In Reply To #14

Hey, if he finds that CoD is a good game, so be it. I wouldn't want anybody to tell me want I should like and what I shouldn't.

Well said. And ringo, I couldn't care any less about your worthless opinions.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »
In Reply To #17

::)
Uh-huh. And that's still his opinion. For example, he could say Haunted Castle is more innovative than SotN in every way and that we don't see it for what it is- does it matter? No, that'd just be his way of seeing it. Not yours. You can disagree, sure, but just because a game isn't popular doesn't mean that nobody can like it. I'm sure he doesn't care about what the 'community at large' thinks; if he found it fun, then that's all there is to it.

And how is that fact that he believes people don't 'get it' equals blaming you or anyone else? If that's how he feels, well, who cares? Don't take offense to such trivial things.

Anyways, I'm getting OT. PSX ftw!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:35:20 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 05:00:09 PM »
IGA himself said that CoD doesn't live up to cv standards  ::) But whatever.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 06:25:20 PM »
A lot of rolling eyes in this thread. Those little smiley's eyes must be killing them.

In Reply To #19
For example, he could say Haunted Castle is more innovative than SotN in every way and that we don't see it for what it is- does it matter
No, it doesn't matter, but it would be like saying that House of the Dead was a more groundbreaking film than Citizen Kane. In other words, completely idiotic. Opinions are used to justify all kinds of stupidity.

Anyway, that's beside the point. I never said he can't like it but he shouldn't be a douche about it. Which makes me a hypocrite because I am also being an ass, I know. Carry on.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 05:54:22 PM »
In Reply To #21

Ho, you're wrong about the purpose of opinions. They're to show what people think about something and no one can say someone's opinions are wrong or stupid, but they don't have to like them. Anyway you're beginning to anooy me so I'm not caring anymore  >:(

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 06:05:50 PM »
In Reply To #10

Why? I was just disproving what you said.... Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I just couldn't like it when I tried it.

CoD was fun, but it had many flaws. I still think its a pretty good game though.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »
All those arguing over opinions in this thread needs to have a nice cup of stfu, opinions are opinions, respect someone's as you would expect them to respect yours.

Be civil.

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 11:27:48 PM »
I hate to be difficult, but there is no option for my #1 pic, which is CV4 for Super NES. Though as an entire set of CV games for one system, NES has had more consistent "wins" IMO.

But given the options, I went for SotN and the PSX for this poll. But Super CV4 is still #1.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 06:37:34 AM »
In Reply To #24

Escactly, so no more arguing!

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »
I went with the Playstation series.
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 08:23:51 AM »
Definately Playstation. SotN and Chronicles(my favorite Castlevania EVER) were incredible, and LoI(actually my second favorite CV) and CoD to me felt like more of a Castlevania experience as I'd imagine it than any other CV game. LoI much moreso, but I really enjoyed CoD too. They made Trevor more badass than usual. ;D
------------
Return to CastleVania

SymboliC

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 01:40:26 PM »

The ones under Sony's flag.

But I really love all the other ones on other systems as well.

Volrath2242

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »
Nothing is wrong with CoD. It's a fine game. I still need to finish it to play as Trevor. Byt back on topic I can't way what series I like more. I like them all

Tags: