Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: At this point in time....  (Read 2909 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:43:16 AM »
Would the best option to keeping the series from going into a 100 year slumber be to:

Make the damn movie already? (Where ya at James Wan?¿)

OR

Keep tossing around the rights to the games, till somebody strikes gold?

Discuss!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:34:15 AM »
Somebody should correct me if I'm wrong but...

1. I thought we already knew from trusted sources that a 2.5D castlevania was in the works for handhelds. Castlevania isn't going anywhere yet. Maybe that rumor going around turns out to be true?

2. LoS wasn't by any means the best castlevania has to offer, but it was the most profitable in the history of the series. So why stop it now?

3. Even if konami does decide to put one of their most famously franchises to rest, iga will make sure the metroidvania spirit lives on. I say no need to fear.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
I wouldn't be fine with a movie UNLESS the writer/director was a diehard fan of the original games, knew the stories and characters well enough not to screw up, and would do his/her damnedest to deliver us fans what we all come to expect of Castlevania. No bulls**t hollywood gimics (such as love triangles  :P), and certainly not doing their own thing with it because they think it's the in-thing now. Just a proper translation of the game unto the big screen for us to enjoy; A good, classic, campy holloween-esque feature film.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: At this point in time....
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
Personally, I don't want a movie. Look at what happened with the DBZ movie. I do however think that the franchise should go to different developers every so often to create their own short saga of their vision of CV. We had 3 games with MS and now it's time for someone else to create their own CV games in their own universe.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »
Wait and see what happens.

Nothing else to do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:47:49 PM »
I'd rather see the franchise tossed around than get a bad movie.

The only video game movie that I'm hoping to see is Assassin's Creed since Ubisoft would have a hand at it.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:52:10 AM »
Wait and see what happens.

Nothing else to do.
There is something else to do... speculate

I know a Hollywood movie would be terribad; a sad truth that i hate to admit. Too many things to consider before it would even work!
But, that's not saying that i would not welcome any animated movies/series. I feel that would be the movie that would have the right balance of fan service and stay canon. It could actually make room for some great acting as well.

As for the game getting around, it wont be long before the Vampire Killer makes it's way to space fighting Dracula on the moon: rockets and zombie astronauts; space grimoire, finding pot roast in an asteriod (see where this is going?)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:17:10 AM »
I have mixed feelings about seeing a major motion picture made based on CV. It COULD be good, but, that's a looooooong shot. Knowing our luck, (as in, we CV fans) the way things have been going for the franchise, we'll get a movie alright, but it'll be ol' Mike Bay himself at the helm. For all we know, he might already be planning the rape of Simon as soon as he's done with the Ninja Turtles.

Tags: