Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: castlevania songs that get stuck in your head  (Read 9325 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
castlevania songs that get stuck in your head
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »
i cant be the only one this happens to  :o

sometimes when i wake up a song will already be playing in my minds' radio, lately its been "Toy Makers Theme" from los2 which is in fact a remix of belmonts theme. its just so eerie & different that i dunno why i wake up to it lol

on rainy days, the "Outer Wall" theme from symphony starts playing in my head... for obvious reasons

Let's Listen: Castlevania SOTN - Outer Wall, Mist Tower (Extended)

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: castlevania songs that get stuck in your head
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »
"Heart of Fire," the CV1 version gets stuck in my head alot. As does "Bloody Tears" from CV II.

Offline 13th Street

• Hunter in Training
  • Mori, monstru!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 05:56:05 PM »
+1
Does all of them count?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »
Anything non-LoS.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »
Anything non-LoS.

Anything? That's pretty generous of you.

There are plenty of shitty non-LOS CV songs. You're biased to the point of deafness.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
Resting Again - Title Screen - Castlevania: Order of Shadows

The original songs in order of shadows are actually pretty good.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
Anything? That's pretty generous of you.

There are plenty of shitty non-LOS CV songs. You're biased to the point of deafness.
Why do you fucking cares about my opinion man? Just ignore it if it makes you so mad that you need to try make me change it. I hate LoS music, deal with it.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »
Why do you fucking cares about my opinion man? Just ignore it if it makes you so mad that you need to try make me change it. I hate LoS music, deal with it.

I'm not trying to make you change your opinion man. I just think that it's impossible that every single CV song that's ever been released outside of the LOS universe has been stuck in your head, as you said in your post.

You weren't contributing to the thread with your post. You were simply using it as an opportunity to rip on music you don't like, which isn't even what this thread is about.

Tell us what CV songs linger in your head long after playing the game or listening to the OST. That's far more interesting and useful than posting about music your don't care for. That's what this thread is supposed to be about.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:52:13 PM »
I can understand if you don't like LoS music, Maedhros, but given the intention of the thread, it'd be nice to give an example of a song you *do* like--a positive contribution like that can tell us a little more about your tastes and maybe recommend other stuff you'd like :D Jeffrey, I see what you're saying and think you have a point, but I wouldn't dwell on it. If Maehdros dislikes LoS music that much, it's his tastes, and I would recommend just leaving it alone.

Instead, post another song you like? For me, Aquarius never fails to catch in my mind whenever I hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zy_ClZiuw

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 12:40:27 AM »
+1
I find quite a lot of them from both the original timeline and LoS gets stuck in my head, from Bloody Tears (especially the gothic version so often wrongly attributed to being done by Cradle of Filth: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQPF-wgBGis[\url]), various tracks from Lament of Innocence, Treizire de Spirit and De-a Lungul Vietii from Pachislot III, Dying for a Drop of Blood, The Toy Maker, the original cinematic trailer theme for LoS2, Titanic Struggle...
  Then again, Castlevania music makes up a pretty hefty part of my platlist of chillout music, and the LoS 2 and MoF osts live in my car (which is called 'Dracul').  Earworming their way into my head has a high possibility.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:48:24 AM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 01:26:37 AM »
New Messiah. I really don't play Belmont's Revenge that often, but man, that one pops in my head a lot.

It's definitely my favorite music from the GB games, at least. Although Clock Tower of Darkness is a close second. It's probably the superior one, but it doesn't stay in my head the same way as New Messiah does, I guess.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 02:18:52 AM »
I think Bloody Tears always goes on loop in my head. Any mention of the song title automatically makes my mind play the tune. :)
Some tracks from Symphony and Aria also get stuck. Maybe I played too much of them.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 05:05:38 AM »
Sent to the Devil's Requiem, especially the Rebirth version. Dat intro~

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 05:39:21 AM »
+1
"The Final Confrontation"/ "Satan" from LoS2. Yes.

Tags:

anything