Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Feeling annoyed...  (Read 1810 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: December 28, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »
If I may just share my frustration for a moment... 
In the long run, I do realize it's all just silliness...but as a gamer it's frustrating, and this may be the only place where there just might be someone who understands how silliness can still be annoying or upsetting.

I never would have thought I'd enjoy a game like Animal Crossing, but when I gave New Leaf a shot not long after it came out, I loved it!  I've worked hard and earned tons of stuff and achievements!  I've done my best to set-up and preserve the town in a way that both makes sense, and a way that I just like.  And, I've tried to do all of this without using any "cheats" or time traveling or whatever (although, I have caved for a few hours here and there when I missed getting something in the store.)

I've only had a few villagers come and go...for the most part I don't really care who stays or goes...with two exceptions.
- I have one villager who I absolutely hate.  She moved in unexpectedly, and in a place that destroyed the only ones of a particular fruit tree and hybrid flower I had at the time.  I just don't like her.  I intentionally refuse her requests and never talk to her (except occasionally when she does the little "exclamation" thing, because then she might tell me she's moving.)  However, EVERY time, when I choose whatever option means, "I don't care, leave my town!" she always responds with something like, "I know you don't mean that, so I'll stay!"
This is now retroactively more annoying because of the other exception:
- There was another villager that I absolutely adored!  I think he was the grumpy personality, and the way he worded things was always funny to me.  I went out of my way to try and KEEP him in my town...talking to him every day and agreeing to every request.  I missed playing yesterday because of being busy, and play today to find he's gone.  Neither he nor anyone else ever said he might leave, and even if I had played yesterday, the way the game works it would have been too late.

So...while it's just a silly game, and it's silly to be frustrated and annoyed about it...it really aggravates me that the one I've wished would move away for over a year never does, while the one I've worked so hard to keep just up and disappears. >:-|

I think I'm also annoyed because I discovered that the few Amiibo I was hoping to get for Christmas (or for myself afterwards) are sold out everywhere, or available on Amazon for seriously jacked-up prices, and the rumor I've heard is they are being discontinued for some reason (though I wasn't able to find a source I knew I could trust on that.)

Thanks for letting me share. :-)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »
+1
Ah, I know that animal crossing feeling. That's why I don't play it anymore. I'd rather play Harvest Moon and all of its spinoffs.

I've seen Amiibo figures at a toy store but since I don't have a WiiU, I won't get them, unless I really really like a character. Those Fire Emblem characters look cool though...

Tags:

anything