Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How do you like how Castlevania games are going right now?  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: How do you like how Castlevania games are going right now?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 11:32:10 AM »
someone should lose a giant cut of their pay, at the very least, for the whole killer clown thing. that takes a lot from the cv atmosphere.
the same could be said of some of portrait's monsters like the cartoony bulldog with wings that once beaten drops hotdogs, or the fugly manticore.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »
In Reply To #16

Don't forget CV64's Tower of Science. For God's sake, I felt like I was in the Death Star!!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
Quote from: fallenangel86
hmm... i think you guys desperately need to check out cosmo police galivan on the nes. rom translation, so you'll need to patch a japanese rom and play it through an emulator.

if you don't feel like it, basically it did what symphony of the night did(as well as an nes game could) at around the time of, or just before castlevania 2, with a sci-fi feel.

oh yeah, and about the ds games. someone should lose a giant cut of their pay, at the very least, for the whole killer clown thing. that takes a lot from the cv atmosphere.
I just played that game on my psp, and it's pretty interesting. Feels like a mix of Metroid and Star Wars. A remixed CV version of that game would be sweet.

I don't really mind that killer clown; what I did mind was the fact that it appears in 2 completely different time eras and is just... there.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 04:08:27 PM »
In Reply To #17

*shrugs* I like that stage a lot. I always wished it could be longer.

Anyway, where I feel the CV titles are going. Hmmmmmmm... How do I put this--... What's the word I'm looking for here? . . . . -Delicately.

....They are quickly becoming cookie-cutter ports of the Sorrow titles, with the only exception so far being the American remix of RoB for the PSP (Dracula X Chronicles). Basically we get different characters and different ways for them to go about the motions of stopping the prince of darkness, with not the best creative execution in either department. Furthermore, the franchise's storyline is sinking the series in the direction of Mortal Kombat. - Straight into extinction.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 12:30:11 AM »
Furthermore, the franchise's storyline is sinking the series in the direction of Mortal Kombat. - Straight into extinction.
lol.

:'(

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 05:21:03 AM »
Yeah, the recent storylines have been terrible, and Portrait of Ruin didn't keep me ammused for very long. After I beat the game once, I was so sick of it that I couldn't do it again in hard mode. I would've killed me!  :P

Dawn of Sorrow could've been better too, but the only good part was getting to use Alucard again as a character in Julius mode!  :)

I miss the GBA titles very much. Those were some of my favorites, like Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance (or White Night Concerto) and especially Aria of Sorrow. They were so awesome, and I'm starting to play them again. Circle of the Moon's True Dracula is tough!  :)

castlevania legacy

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
Not counting Castlevania judgement, i hate how there going. there trying to get more kids to play and its ruining the series. the artwork really sucks they look so cartoonish and even the diologue is horrible no more cussing and they say things like dude and whats up. as if anybody ever said that in the 1800's.the old castlevanias were actually seriose and real and awesome but i hate the direction there going in now.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »
Story wise? Horrible! Game play wise? Stagnant.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
Personally speaking I wish they would get back in the vein of Castlevania II. I want to see instant death from falling into a pit or into water. However if the character must go into water have them have some sort of swim ability and places underwater where they can stand but also have pit falls or recesses. I am a big fan of Zelda II for NES and I wish that they would make a CV game 2D or 3D that would do the very things to which I am speaking. I am a fan of SOTN but that is it as far as the Metroid style of game. The first four games for me are it everything else doesn't impact me as much.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

VampireHunterM

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »
I started in 1986 with the original. I've played each and every one, and love them all. Maybe some of you should look for a new series if you are so unhappy... Have faith,Iga always gets it right.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 10:02:33 PM »
and yet he gave us detestable animu heroes and crappy stories in the past two 2d games, straying from what castlevania was even more than kid dracula. :o

i'm not going into the crappy level design and all that since it's not his work, all he does is script writing and marketing.

Tags:

anything