Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Game Developers Conference 2008  (Read 12332 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 08:34:01 AM »
The longer they develop the next game, the better its chances are of actually being good.

QFT.

Perhaps it is that "FastVania" is dead?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:15:29 AM by A-Yty »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 12:11:42 AM »
I hope they make another console 3d one. I hope they give us something new and unique in it too like devil forging in COD. They need to make one take place between the 11th and 15th centuries to show why the Belmonts came to be feared and why the Pope has such a hard time tracking Trevor/Ralph down in Akumajou Densetsu/Vania 3.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 03:28:09 PM »
Time will tell what develops for the future NextGenConsole Castlevania title. Chances are it won't make a big splash with some of the major contenders that are also being anticipated (GTA 4, Ghostbusters, Aliens) and big surprise hits springing up along the way (Mass Effect, Dead Space). But then again, the live-action movie may definitely help gamers recieve the next game more favorably (think positive, neh? ^_^) whatever new feature(s) it will boast for the series.

My only hope is that the next game includes a grade A soundtrack, whatever or whomever is going down in it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:29:10 PM by Mobius »

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »
::) Yeah. They all do, hon. They all do... Till' they wake up with my steel-toed stilletos up their pimply @$$es. Then it's all tears and screaming and "OH MY F***ING GOD, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!!" again. (Hee!) Get in line, son.

Sounds like a party to me! Let's play doctor!  ;) :P

Yeah, I really do hope they take their time and that the game that will hopefully be coordinated with the movie will be a really good one instead of one that makes people look at us like we're WoW fans.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »
Well I don't think they're gonna put that much effort into the upcoming DS title being that IGA made it pretty clear it's almost finished. The next-gen CV, however, should already be in development & shouldn't be revealed until late 2008. That's my guess.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:08 PM »
In Reply To #35

I kinda fear you might be right. Recent Castlevanias seem to have short development times; I hope at least the 360 one is a rare exception to the rule. Hell, it'd almost HAVE to be, considering how expensive a Next-Gen game is (and how successful it has to be for good profit to occur).

Tags: