Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)  (Read 55906 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2012, 02:30:01 PM »
The last version of Battletoads Double Dragon I needed arrived today, the Genesis version. This puts me 12 games away from 1,000, and 4 Genesis games away from 150.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2012, 06:10:20 PM »
Just got some NES games this week at a local game store

Metal Gear
Snakes Revenge
TMNT2 the arcade game
Zoda's Revenge: Startropics 2

I've been playing Startropics like crazy, I always wanted to and I'm just doing it now. That game is awesome and I doubt it will ever happen, but Nintendo needs to make a new one
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
I hope you have a Gamefaqs guide for the NES Metal Gear, because the building puzzle can get crazy. Then again, I also needed a guide for the MSX Metal Gear as well. D:

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
I hope you have a Gamefaqs guide for the NES Metal Gear, because the building puzzle can get crazy. Then again, I also needed a guide for the MSX Metal Gear as well. D:

When I played the MSX games I used one, I never really got too far in the nes version or snakes revenge, but I'm sure I'll need one for the both of those!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
A PS1 rarity appeared, Image Fight/X-Multiply, two Irem shmups, one hori, one vert. X-Multiply plays very similar to R-Type, and the story involves you and your ship shrunken down and injected into a woman's body where hides an alien invasion waiting to happen. One of the 4 Arcade Gears titles and the most expensive of the 4, can go for $100-150 on ebay easily.

PS1 version is the rarer of it and the Saturn version, but sometimes the Saturn version can go for higher. Paid $57 for it, love these two Irem titles as I do love the Irem name brand. Just 11 games to 1,000, but this is the big celebratory title for me for when I reach the 1K plateau.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2012, 12:34:14 AM »
Geez, nearly a 2 month dry spell, but finally something more added to the collection.

PS2:
Gauntlet Dark Legacy - the last Gauntlet game IMO that still felt like Gauntlet (looking at a Seven Sorrows video, that one doesn't even look like a Gauntlet title).

10 away from the big 1K.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2012, 03:21:46 AM »

I've been playing Startropics like crazy, I always wanted to and I'm just doing it now. That game is awesome and I doubt it will ever happen, but Nintendo needs to make a new one

Seriously Startropics is one of those huge underrated gems in the NES library. By the way, unless you have the special letter that came with the game you're gonna have to look up a puzzle solution. As some point, you're asked to take the special sheet of paper that came with the game and dip into water and read a numerical code to your buddy. It was designed partly to stop piracy and partly as an added bonus. 747 is the code I believe, and if not look it up.

Startropics 2 was an admirable attempt to improve on the first one, and I think you'll be pleased with the changes they made. I won't spoil them either.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2012, 01:57:12 AM »
Couple of SNES commons tonight, 8 shy of 1K now:

Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2012, 01:55:40 AM »
Now 7 shy of 1K, a buddy of mine gave me his spare copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for the PS3. Wish I could've fished 2 out of him for PS2, but wouldn't part with it.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2012, 11:21:54 PM »
The only game I bought currently was kof XIII.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
Couple pickups arrived today, one for PS1, the other Saturn, 5 games from 1,000.

PS1:
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Saturn:
Sonic 3D Blast

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
 I love these two games, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo japanese version (Pocket Fighter) is the game that introduced me to Rival Schools, since this version came with a demo of this game. :)
 For Sonic 3D Blast, the only change that I noticed is the bonus stages being in "real 3D", much mopre prettier. Do you have Sonic Jam and Sonic R too?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »
Pocket Fighter and Super Puzzle Fighter are different games I'm afraid, Puzzle is as you guessed it, a puzzler, Pocket Fighters on the other hand is a fighting game with chibi Street Fighter characters (I do own a couple versions of Pocket Fighter, PS1 and on SF Alpha Anthology PS2).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2012, 05:22:15 AM »
Pocket Fighter and Super Puzzle Fighter are different games I'm afraid, Puzzle is as you guessed it, a puzzler, Pocket Fighters on the other hand is a fighting game with chibi Street Fighter characters (I do own a couple versions of Pocket Fighter, PS1 and on SF Alpha Anthology PS2).
Yeah, I always forget which one is the puzzle game and which is the fighting game, since they have similar names. What is the US name for Pocket Fighter? IIRC it have another name in US.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »
Yeah, I always forget which one is the puzzle game and which is the fighting game, since they have similar names. What is the US name for Pocket Fighter? IIRC it have another name in US.
Super Gem Fighters is the US name for arcades, oddly didn't get renamed for home consoles, but did for SFA Anthology.

As for Sonic R or Sonic Jam, no to the first one, and second one someone beat me to it, same guy I got these 2 from had it for $35, but within 5 minutes of posting it on a forum I go to, it sold. The US version of Jam (as well as Saturn Bomberman) go for far too much these days, the Japanese versions still remain at a fairer price.

Tags: