Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Tears of Pain  (Read 23005 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »
Why would Alucard need body armor?

Even a Dhampyre would be vulnerable to mass amounts of shelling that the allies would be hurling at the undead hordes. If Alucard's trying to infiltrate the castle then he needs to bypass all that. Alucard would probably want some form of protection in case a piece of stray Shrapnel came right at him unexpectedly. Sure he can become mist and avoid such hazards, but ONLY if he's aware of it before it happens. Besides Alucard had a full-on armor set in Judgement. Why would a Kevlar suit be any different? Medieval armor won't protect you in a modern war setting which is when the Final Demon Castle war takes place in. If Kevlar is not what you'd imagine Alucard sporting there are other modern body armors that he could wear for added protection.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 05:41:35 AM »
Even a Dhampyre would be vulnerable to mass amounts of shelling that the allies would be hurling at the undead hordes. If Alucard's trying to infiltrate the castle then he needs to bypass all that. Alucard would probably want some form of protection in case a piece of stray Shrapnel came right at him unexpectedly. Sure he can become mist and avoid such hazards, but ONLY if he's aware of it before it happens. Besides Alucard had a full-on armor set in Judgement. Why would a Kevlar suit be any different? Medieval armor won't protect you in a modern war setting which is when the Final Demon Castle war takes place in. If Kevlar is not what you'd imagine Alucard sporting there are other modern body armors that he could wear for added protection.

Hmmm.maybe supernatural or blessed shells? I Highly doubt Alucard would need armor for just normal rounds especially since he would be able to deflect shells with his sword due to his enhanced movements...

I always figured Alucard just gained those other armors so he could move freely upon the castle. The magical properties of the armor would just be enhanced due to Alucard's magical prowess.

But that's just me...lol

Ditto on the suit/new outfit. But no to the kevlar.

I think it makes more sense for him to be in the suit. Make his clothing symbiote (kinda like the  cape from Spawn or Spidey's Black Suit) and have only hints of SOTN clothing appear only when Alucard attacks.

Alucard would only go into full SOTN at his magical peak, you know something like  ("Releasing control art restriction to level one") if you get that Hellsing reference...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:46:02 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
About the game: 20 stages planned with the city for the first stage. A part of the game is outside the castle, the other part is inside. Multiple ways to reach Dracula (you'll have to restart the game to find secret passage for alternatives path/levels). Possibility to start the game at a level reached. Checkpoints during levels but start at the beginning of the level if the player lose all of his lives. Secondary weapons with hearts and magics with crystals. One of the three magics can be used only when the player reach 100% of magic. Treasure chest hidden in stage and can be displayed by crouching. Missions (or achievements) available "reach score", finish levels without be damaged, etc...

The difference between Alucard and Julius:

(click to show/hide)

You can listen here the music composed by me for the menu. It's a remix of Midnight Sonata

https://soundcloud.com/fawzi-allouache/moonlight-sonata-menu

Ok a couple questions I have.

1.Will Alucard be able to find weapons in the game? I'd be ok with him not being able to level up like in SOTN, but I feel weapon collecting for Alucard is a must in my opinion, it felt weird using him in DOS without weapon collecting along the way.

2.Will Alucard have his Dark Arts? such as soul steal,tetra soul, hellfire etc?

and

3.Will there be upgradable heath/magic power and hearts items? I still feel that it would be good to have some RPG elements in the game while removing the level up and backtracking symphony of the night introduced. I think it would be a good idea to have a mix of both to appeal to both fans who like classicvanias and metroidvanias. We could have the classic level structure,pitfalls, and life system as the classic games while having elements such as collecting weapons and powerups (not temporary ones) from the newer titles like symphony and aria. After all this is a prequel to the sorrow series.

Just my 2 cents on things, by the way the game is looking FANTASTIC man so keep it up!

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline flane67

• The last vampire killer
  • Castlevania Tears of Pain
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 11:06:52 AM »
1/3: I don't think add weapons fit with the style of the game. Weapons could be used as limited power ups but i'll need to reproduce the same system for Julius and i think, it's too much with the current gameplay. I think rpg elements will not fit with a game based on stages, with levels you can restart as you want.

2: Some of them: Bat Fly, Soul steal and a new one: coat of magic (defense up). Theses magics can be used only when the magic gauge is full.

Thank you for your support :)
Return to dust!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »

Wonderful ideas, music and art, my only complain is that gnoll from Dungeons and Dragons, but maybe its only me. After all if we have a Minotaur, why not a Gnoll right? xD

About Alucard's outfit its perfect, even in DoS he says that need to transform to get his full power and uses this outfit. Also I can totally see him using it in sake for old times to finish this battle that took so many centuries. He doesnt need armor that protects against guns simply because his armor have magic imbued in it IMO :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 02:21:36 PM »
Very impressive screens! (And maybe this hnoll is just an placeholder..)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »
About Alucard's outfit its perfect, even in DoS he says that need to transform to get his full power and uses this outfit.

This is the thing about DoS that doesn't make any sense. Alucard doesn't need to have his original outfit to be all-powerful. Power comes from within. I think it was just an excuse for a lack of original Alucard sprites that they never bothered to put in the game. Whether Alucard or Genya Arikado his powers are still there; within him. It's got nothing to do with his attire. Besides giving Alucard a new outfit will help to refresh things a bit and give this game more of it's own identity.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline flane67

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2014, 10:24:44 AM »
Merry Christmas!
To celebrate: a new video! More gameplay and a first view of the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwh0zVMjf3I&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:05:02 PM by flane67 »
Return to dust!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
Merry Christmas!
To celebrate: a new video! More gameplay and a first view of the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwh0zVMjf3I&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Take out the "S" in http and it will play your video right here on the forum.

I am loving the feel of your title! The ripple effect is epic! Let me know if you need a bug tester!

Ohhhh..A Treasure Room? What happens when you collect everything? I love collecting things...lol
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:17:21 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline flane67

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »
Thank for the tip darkmanx, it's now embed.

There's a treasure room. treasures are hidden in differents stages. To find them, you must crouch the character to the right place (like Order of Ecclesia). It's only for collection (no effects no power) and to increase the completion percentage.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:15:32 PM by flane67 »
Return to dust!

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 04:05:44 PM »
Just curious, why does Julius have brown hair in his portraits but blonde hair in the sprite? Great sprite though. Looks like a great game.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »
@piscesdreams: Possibly the same reason Shanoa has black hair in her portraits but brown hair in-game =p.

On-Topic: Very impressive so far, the engine looks butter-smooth from the video and the special effects are nice as well. I too am building my game in Clickteam Fusion so it's always good to see more Click Developers around here. One thing I'd recommend though is altering the physics of the skeleton "gibs" (or bones) a bit when you kill them. For example, when you kill a skeleton from the left side, the bone movement should still be random but be more likely to move to the right. Likewise, if it's killed from the right side the bones should move to the left. In addition, perhaps a subtle rotation effect could be added to the bones as they fly (rotation would depend on the direction the bones are moving). Rotating the gibs / bones is incredibly easy in Fusion 2.5 and probably wouldn't take more than a few lines of code if you wanted to slap it in for testing.

Awesome work though, I'll definitely keep an eye out for this project as development continues.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:07:03 PM by ProjectDread »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 08:38:58 PM »
@piscesdreams: Possibly the same reason Shanoa has black hair in her portraits but brown hair in-game =p.

On-Topic: Very impressive so far, the engine looks butter-smooth from the video and the special effects are nice as well. I'm  building my game in Clickteam Fusion as well so it's always good to see more Click Developers around here. One thing I'd recommend though is altering the physics of the skeleton "gibs" (or bones) a bit when you kill them. For example, when you kill a skeleton from the left side, the bone movement should still be random but be more likely to move to the right. Likewise, if it's killed from the right side the bones should move to the left. In addition, perhaps a subtle rotation effect could be added to the bones as they fly (rotation would depend on the direction the bones are moving). Rotating the gibs / bones is incredibly easy in Fusion 2.5 and probably wouldn't take more than a few lines of code if you wanted to slap it in for testing.

Awesome work though, I'll definitely keep an eye out for this project as development continues.

What game is that?

Myself and Warmachine are using 2.5 as well for our games if you didn't know...

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

Ya know, I never noticed that about Shanoa. Now, my entire life is a lie!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
any chance for some Alucard gameplay in the near future?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: