Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why are so many people against "Kid Dracula" being Alucard? I don't get it?  (Read 8630 times)

Offline RegalSin

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Kid Dracula is the foundation that SOTN, sits atop of, explaining that Alucard, had more to his story. Personally I think It would make an auwsome game, if ever made into photogenic 3d, or a series in itself.

It is clear from the translations, and what nots that is him. Then LOTS came along and created this stupid, Dracula blood into Treavors mouth rubbish.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Uh, I think Kid Alucard takes place in something like 10,000 years in the future, so I don't think it builds up SotN.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I personally believe that the game was just a spoof of the Castlevania franchise and there is nothing more to it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I personally believe that the game was just a spoof of the Castlevania franchise and there is nothing more to it.

Same here. There are lots of games that spoof other games just as comedy movies spoof other movies. The only reason why Kid Dracula is viewed as such was because of IGA. The man doesn't know when to leave well-enough alone so he shoehorned the game in the CV timeline depicting it 10,000 years hence-fourth. It's a kiddy spoof on a classic is all it is. I've played it on emulator and it's both fun, funny (KKK boss lol!), and challenging. But to me it's not in the CV universe cause it just makes even less sense then some of the other things IGA had done with the series.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
The man doesn't know when to leave well-enough alone so he shoehorned the game in the CV timeline depicting it 10,000 years hence-fourth.

I think you are taking Judgment far far far more seriously than what it took itself, X-kun. And IGA said it wasn't canon.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I think X meant it was included in the timeline at some point.

Seriously.

Actually, before IGA created his timeline, the bio from the Kid Dracula manual says Dracula from Akumajo Densetsu is his father. So there was at least a small connection.

And as far as I know, despite taking place in a time rift, information from Judgment is canon no matter how lame people may think it is.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:14:47 PM by Nagumo »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

But Naggermo, when IGA was asked where Judgment took place in the canon, he always said 'Don't worry about it.' I'll have to track down the interview tonight.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Yeah, but I actually nagged him on Facebook about it once. He basically said the game is a work that "takes place beyond space and time and brings them together". It's an excuse to have all these characters together in one game (hence the "don't worry about it"), but it's still in continuity. That also explains why Cornell is in the game, since he's from another world.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:25:33 PM by Nagumo »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Oh wow. Sorry X-kun. D:

No worries bro  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Kid Dracula is a parody and nothing more. It's a fun game that i own, but it was intended for a younger audience as a Castlevania alternative.

I don't like this IGA. He does weak work. Castlevania was a fabled franchise at the time that this guy was handed the reigns. Symphony of the night is the only game he can hang his hat on. And he didn't even produce it. Castlevania chronicles and Dracula x chronicles are both hacks!! Not even his games.. Those are his best works. A game he didn't produce and two hacks, lol. Lament of innocence is also a decent game, although very weak. I can hardly recognize the other games as part of the series to be honest. The guy is a joke.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I don't like this IGA. He does weak work. Castlevania was a fabled franchise at the time that this guy was handed the reigns. Symphony of the night is the only game he can hang his hat on. And he didn't even produce it. Castlevania chronicles and Dracula x chronicles are both hacks!! Not even his games.. Those are his best works. A game he didn't produce and two hacks, lol. Lament of innocence is also a decent game, although very weak. I can hardly recognize the other games as part of the series to be honest. The guy is a joke.

why u so mad bro? here's some advice:

holding a grudge is like drinking poison & hoping the other person dies

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards

Unless you're the Dread Pirate Roberts and have built up an immunity.

But yeah, Kid Dracula's just spoof. I mean, I guess the Castle could have undergone total chibification during the 8000 years it was in the eclipse/destroyed in the eclipse and somehow made Alucard into a chibi wherever he was sleeping.

It's not like weirder shit hasn't happened in the series.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Kid Dracula is a parody and nothing more. It's a fun game that i own, but it was intended for a younger audience as a Castlevania alternative.

hey now, don't you be dissin' my Technovania.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)

Just getting it out of my system. It will be over soon  ;D

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Kid Dracula is a parody game and shouldn't be taken seriously as far as canon beyond the cameos.
Now if I were to infer anything from the original game's story is that Dracula-kun is not Alucard, but perhaps his son.
But unless some future producer decides to incorporate any of this into the main series canon it's irrelevant anyway.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: