Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047365 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2325 on: October 28, 2015, 11:06:29 PM »
Halloween is soon, anyone hoping for an update? :P

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2326 on: October 29, 2015, 12:56:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm betting the update will be on Halloween :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2327 on: October 30, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »
+2
Halloween Bloodstained update is up!  As expected!  :D  I won't post any spoilers, but things look to be progressing well, and a new (old) person is back with the team.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2328 on: October 30, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »
Halloween Bloodstained update is up!  As expected!  :D  I won't post any spoilers, but things look to be progressing well, and a new (old) person is back with the team.

I've listened to Ben Judd's podcast, too. I like how he spelled doom for Castlevania.

It's a shame Konami is soiling one of its greatest franchises "because pachinko."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 07:56:08 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2329 on: October 31, 2015, 02:34:47 AM »
I've read the update. Those background concept art looks lovely.
Jorge has to share the code for the dungeon clan. hahaha!

I wish I had the time to listen to the podcast...  :'(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2330 on: October 31, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »
Heh heh heh... stay tuned around when it comes out.
I've got what ya need.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2331 on: October 31, 2015, 01:16:16 PM »
Good to see a new (old) developer working on the game to lend more of the feel of the past Metroidvanias to this one. Curry the Kid was a nickname that was so odd it always stuck out when I saw it in the credits. I didn't realize he was the director of Harmony of Despair until I looked on MobyGames though. Seems he also worked on Ground Zeroes.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2332 on: November 06, 2015, 09:06:41 AM »
Castlevania fans really should acknowledge Castlevania Harmony of Despair as one of the greatest videogames of all time.

Ever since it's debut on Xbox360, fans played it more times and more frequently than all of the previous Castlevania games to date.   the 6 players co-op is genius and even starting out and playing solo, it is one of the most challenging Castlevanias of all (before the exploits). 

Plus the greatest variation of playable characters from an official Castlevania game.

of course it could be improved upon, but for their first new innovative style of Castlevania, that combines classic Castlevania with IGAvania elements too along with massively cooperative elements that are timeless in itself,
I drool at the thought of a future Bloodstained game getting a 6 players co-op game like Castlevania Harmony of Despair.

CVHD deserved all the hype and saves the LoS series was getting, and more.  Really, if that made Dark Souls or Halo record breaking sales, it could have been an ongoing supported series in itself with more Chapters, more Characters, more Hunter Skills, more loot, more enemies, bosses, etc.  etc.

CVHD is a pure gameplay and player driven Castlevania experience that can't be matched nor substituted. 
it should get a port to PS4, it would win more attention.

though yea it does deserve a sequel, but anyways, Bloodstained is the franchise that can grow faster.

though yea would be great for CVHD formula to continue to be used and improved upon.

CVHD was like the Castlevania 1 of its own formula.   what a shame would it have been if Castlevania 1 was
released and then that formula dropped with no sequels.

that's what it feels like for CVHD, they created a masterpiece with massive replay value and timeless pick up and play qualities, and the whole situation led to Konami stupidly dropping support, key developers leaving or pushed to other
projects, and that formula being left to waste instead of nourished to produce sequels that improve, expand and surpass the previous ones.   :)

there's so much potential there that surpasses even the greatest single player and multiplayer games ever created.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2333 on: November 06, 2015, 02:37:06 PM »
* Gunlord winks knowingly at affinity

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2334 on: November 06, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »
Castlevania fans really should acknowledge Castlevania Harmony of Despair as one of the greatest videogames of all time.

Ever since it's debut on Xbox360, fans played it more times and more frequently than all of the previous Castlevania games to date.   the 6 players co-op is genius and even starting out and playing solo, it is one of the most challenging Castlevanias of all (before the exploits). 

Plus the greatest variation of playable characters from an official Castlevania game.

of course it could be improved upon, but for their first new innovative style of Castlevania, that combines classic Castlevania with IGAvania elements too along with massively cooperative elements that are timeless in itself,
I drool at the thought of a future Bloodstained game getting a 6 players co-op game like Castlevania Harmony of Despair.

CVHD deserved all the hype and saves the LoS series was getting, and more.  Really, if that made Dark Souls or Halo record breaking sales, it could have been an ongoing supported series in itself with more Chapters, more Characters, more Hunter Skills, more loot, more enemies, bosses, etc.  etc.

CVHD is a pure gameplay and player driven Castlevania experience that can't be matched nor substituted. 
it should get a port to PS4, it would win more attention.

though yea it does deserve a sequel, but anyways, Bloodstained is the franchise that can grow faster.

though yea would be great for CVHD formula to continue to be used and improved upon.

CVHD was like the Castlevania 1 of its own formula.   what a shame would it have been if Castlevania 1 was
released and then that formula dropped with no sequels.

that's what it feels like for CVHD, they created a masterpiece with massive replay value and timeless pick up and play qualities, and the whole situation led to Konami stupidly dropping support, key developers leaving or pushed to other
projects, and that formula being left to waste instead of nourished to produce sequels that improve, expand and surpass the previous ones.   :)

there's so much potential there that surpasses even the greatest single player and multiplayer games ever created.

This is why Harmony of Despair 2 needs to happen.
I was so deep into this game, Legitimately Maxing Jon, got every soul for Soma, making Charlotte OP.
Welp, off to make a new topic.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2335 on: November 06, 2015, 08:12:30 PM »
I'm not sure I'd call Harmony of Despair one of the greatest videogames of all time, but I really did have tons of fun with it.  I put dozens of hours into the Xbox360 version, and then did it all over again with the PS3 version.  Maxed out classic Simon is a beast!  I still play it off and on today.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2336 on: November 07, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »

Ever since it's debut on Xbox360, fans played it more times and more frequently than all of the previous Castlevania games to date.

What on earth are you talking about? Are you drunk? Do you have numbers to back this up?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2337 on: November 07, 2015, 07:02:53 PM »
Bruh, it's affinity. Blind worship of CVHD flows in her veins. :V
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2338 on: November 08, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »
What on earth are you talking about? Are you drunk? Do you have numbers to back this up?

Yes I also read this and went "wtf"...

How can anyone possibly account for the amount of times someone has actually played a game in the privacy of their own life, this is not possible.
Also how are you accessing how many times someone has played and/or finished HOD online, and this as opposed to other CV games. If you're going by sales alone, this does not necessarily constitute how many times a game has been played, let alone played through.

I understand supporting a series/ game that one loves, however, sorry to be blunt that HOD post seems like a massive dickride from a fan. Seriously we get it, you like the game, I'm not saying you're not entitled, but don't spill bs to try to back up something to others.

Facts , percentages and evidence please.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2339 on: November 08, 2015, 01:47:11 AM »
This is a Bloodstained thread. Please keep all the other stuff out of it.

Tags:

anything