Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "What if..?": Speculate about gaming if certain things happened  (Read 8933 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I'm not completely sure where I'm heading with this title, but I guess I wanna bounce ideas if things about gaming were altered in some way. Maybe this topic will find its simpler form eventually.

I keep thinking: what if they made an RTS version of Heroes of Might and Magic? I don't mean they should discard the core of the series (which is: being the best fantasy turn-based series in the market, IMO), but try making a spinoff. They already have at least two different series in the Might & Magic franchise, so the idea is not completely crazy.

I'm not sure if the current development team should handle it. I'd like people responsible for the first three games, especially 3, be involved.

I'd dare think the game could be enjoyable and interesting. There's probably never going to be a Warcraft IV, which would probably be the biggest fantasy-themed RTS, seeing as how popular Warcraft is (and its popularity was elevated because of WoW). I'm sure there are others, but none big or famous enough for me to be familiar with.

This kind of game could also be an opportunity to appeal to the fans of the first three games; after HOMM3, guys like "Crag Hack the barbarian" or "Sandro the necromancer" were a thing of the past. Now it's about..some angel dynasty or whatever. I haven't played parts 5 or 6. I tried 5 and found it more immersive and familiar than IV, but still not quite something I can jump into. Anyways, this RTS could jump back to somewhere in the timeline between games I-III.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:31:55 AM by A-Yty »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: "What if..?": Speculate about gaming if certain things happened
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »
What if Mario Bros. 3 bombed? Then many of us would not have even been born.

I believe it's called the Butterfly Effect.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »
What if Giana Sisters came out before SMB..?

If SMB did eventually come out, it would probably avoid all the things Giana Sisters took from Mario. Mario might not even be linear platformer, where you just collect powerups and points. Maybe it would be more like Alex Kidd (without the near torture that is referred to as its difficulty level).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:02:07 AM by A-Yty »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
What if Mario Bros. 3 bombed? Then many of us would not have even been born.

I believe it's called the Butterfly Effect.

Wait..are you saying SMB3 was/is a powerful aphrodisiac?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »
+1
What if the collaboration with Sony and Nintendo went through and the Nintendo Playstation actually happened?

So many classic games on one system together, Sony and Nintendo would have been an unstoppable team and Sega would have bowed out of the console face sooner rather than later.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »
Or maybe Sega would have reacted accordingly and it would be still be in the console business. Maybe it would have partnered with Microsoft?

And by this time, something like the "Steam Box" might already have been launched years ago. To fill that third spot, since three seems to be magic console market number nowadays.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:08:59 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:28:04 AM »
What if Nintendo just stuck with manufacturing playing cards?

Our entire gaming history would have to change. I wonder which company would take up the mantle of Nintendo?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 02:12:27 AM »
Killer Instinct 3 Beta + Menu GamePlay

If only..

The result would be..I don't know..It would restore to me and, probably, to the hordes of KI fans some faith in the world..?

Seriously. Battletoads and Killer Instinct. Come back. Please.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:14:19 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 02:34:24 AM »
Are you trying to make me shit my pants or what!? Warn us the next time or this awesomeness can kill someone lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:47:56 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 02:50:22 AM »
I wanted to pass the damage around with that, so that everyone would feel that deadly grip of awesomeness I felt.

So..yeah..that's a fan video. And it's only the opening and menu, no fake gameplay or anything.  Killer Instinct 3 isn't in the works and I'm sure fans of the game know roughly why that is so.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 03:22:33 AM »
I know that and also why. Its tragic.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 03:59:25 AM »
Would the "why" happen to be the fact that Rare now sucks a load of fat, greasy dicks?

I just found out they fired Chris Seavor late last year. Makes me wonder if there is any talent left at that company. With any luck the guy who did Grabbed by the Ghoulies is still around and will do a sequel called Grabbing the Boobies.

F'serial, I always wonder what it'd be like if Nintendo hadn't let go of Rare. Would we have a Conker sequel? What would Donkey Kong Racing have been like? Could Banjo-Threeie have existed and not chomped a big ball of poo like Nuts & Bolts? I would have loved to see all those as GameCube games, including Grabbed by the Ghoulies like it was initially designed for. Who knows? Maybe a brand new Battletoads could have been made or currently in the works? All the talent perhaps would still be around...

What if the collaboration with Sony and Nintendo went through and the Nintendo Playstation actually happened?

So many classic games on one system together, Sony and Nintendo would have been an unstoppable team and Sega would have bowed out of the console face sooner rather than later.

I pine for this, too. I wonder if we could have had Rondo of Blood in the States so much sooner? I can't see why it wouldn't have been a hit as a Super NES CD-ROM game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »
Yes, thats why. Also Rare is with Microsoft now.

About Sony+Nintendo, we would lose Youtube Poop "culture" without these CD-i games xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »
Heroes RTS? Sound quite odd to me. Heroes is all about planning your moves carefully, strategically choosing which cities and technologies to develop and how to divide your armies between heroes. A Heroes RTS would require simplification of the entire complicated game system. Tank-rush? How about dragon-rush? LOL!  ;D

I kinda liked Heroes V. It was based on Heroes 3 while still managing to be original. And the whole heroine manipulated and hero-turned darklord plot was cool. Not original... But cool. 

Heroes of Might and Magic V C4M5D6 the ressurrection of King Nicolai

When I look at you, I do not see my bride. I see warmth and life... And I want to FEED on it!

If that kind of unification could be achived, IT WOULD BE THE END OF ALL OF US!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If they set that android free it will be the end of all of us!!! NOOO!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:28:00 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything