Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Games you hate for stupid or no particular reasons.  (Read 21180 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Games you hate for stupid or no particular reasons.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
In Reply To #45

It may look kiddie, but believe me, it's atmosphere has something mystery that attract's you to play it! 8)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »
Zelda. I still think for some reason that it's for teh kiddies even if it isn't and link dresses like a fruit. :o

You mean Windwaker and phantomhourglass? Yeah those look kiddish, but WW is confusing as hell. I can't imagine any kid having the patience to finish that one. PH I havent' had a chance to try yet but I plan to soon. Hopefully it doesn't suck like WW. All that sailing around looking for islands got old real quick.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »
I think he means all the Zelda games. In any case, thats a pretty generic suit I believe back in teh day (1500s) and I think it looks bad ass. Atleast the way they did it.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 02:57:37 AM »
I think he means all the Zelda games.

The old ones def. aren't kiddish, maybe in looks but they're crazy hard. Takes real patience and persistence to finish them. Adventure of Link especially took me 5 years to beat that one for the first time. And that's with an infinite lives cheat. I didn't beat it w/out it until 1997.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 09:09:57 AM »
Ocarina of Time.

Hate is a bit harsh...
Oh don't get me wrong, the gameplay engine was pure genius, but the overall design was deeply disappointing.  I was expecting a level of polish and detail that wasn't achieved until Twilight Princess...  When it was all over I just didn't feel like it was time well spent.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
In Reply To #47

Yeah. I dislike those two a lot. But the series certainly isn't restricted for kids. Serio, you should play Ocarina of Time. Trust me, it's not kiddie at all (at lest when your an adult). Don't let ratings fool you.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Bad Wolf

• Born of the Time Vortex
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am returned from centuries slept
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 08:53:18 PM »
I honestly hate Final Fantasy VII. Actually, I don't hate the game, but I hate the reputation of being "The Ultimate Final Fantasy" that it has acquired for no real reason other than being in 3D and having awesome character designs. I play it a fair amount, but the lack of "oomph" that the game has makes me feel as if it's reputation is undeserved.

As for a game I honestly hate with every fiber of my being, "Broken Sword: the Shadow of the Templars" takes my vote. WORST GAME OF ALL TIME.
Buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum dum dum!

oo oo ooooo oooo-ooooo!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2008, 12:27:36 PM »
In Reply To #49

I made it up to the dungeon where you get the last triforce before Ganon and hold on did you say infinite lives cheat?!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 06:43:56 PM »
In Reply To #49

I made it up to the dungeon where you get the last triforce before Ganon and hold on did you say infinite lives cheat?!

Yeah adventure of link is a 2d sidescroller (for the majority of the game) that uses the lives system like other popular titles of the time. (though gaining 1ups is really hard)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 06:45:52 PM by The Last Belmont »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »
In Reply To #54

Oh, wait, you were talking about Adventure of Link? I thought you meant the original. That's what I was talking about, anyway. Yeah, I have both(actually all Zelda games, excluding Link's Awakening and Phantom Hourglass) and I only beat the first dungeon in Zelda II. How do you get the infinite lives cheat?

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »
Time for me to barge in again by saying that I hate the entire Final Fantasy series.
Too overrated IMO. >:(

I also despise the game Gears of War.
Everyone goes apeshit about it.
Gears of War 2... pff..
Just wait for MGS4.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2008, 11:40:57 PM »
Modern-day Zelda games. Generally, everything from Ocarina of Time and onward JUST because I generally HATE the art style. I loved it when it was simple. Link originally look simple, in green. Zelda looked like your classic princess. THe world looked like you simple medieval fantasy world. Then, with OoT and onward, the look gets an overhaul. Some conehead decides to make the Zelda universe look like the Tiki Hut from Disneyland. Everythings a cross between Tikiheads and Totem Poles. WTF? And you got more bizarre Polynesian looking things. You got all these characters with Native American-looking clothing and tribal paint and more strange named characters and creatures that seem to be based off random Hawaiian words. I liked Peahats, and Octoroks, not Ukalakatikitaka, or, what ever the hell some of those things are called now.

But yeah, I kinda biased when it comes to games with tropical inspired locations. For instance, nother massive change in world look. I loved Chrono Trigger. With Toriyama as art designer, it was simple(like old Link and old Zelda). Then, some joker hired Nobuteru Yuuki as character designer for Chrono Cross. The characters looked like they came from a different world than CT's, and the overall theme is "tropical island". My whole beef against tropical islands is also why I turn away from Baten Kaitos and Star Tropics.

I hate basically ALL GTA because the characters look stupid. Which is basically the same reason why I hate Half-Life(urgh, STUPID looking characters).

Okay, what's next?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
In Reply To #54

I only beat the first dungeon in Zelda II. How do you get the infinite lives cheat?

You have to use a game genie cheating addon, you plug it onto the end of the cart and pop both in, it will allow you to hack into the gamecode of any nes game via entering alphabetical codes when the game genie screen comes up. Comes in handy on some of the cheap games that don't give you unlimited continues or no one ups.

Mach 7

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »
Certain rpg's due to my short attention span

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
In Reply To #59

Yeah, I hate RPG's too, I mean the games of course, not the grenade launcher, but especially Final Fantasy. Idk, it's just not really fun because you dan't actually get to fight. The only turn-organized battles I've ever liked were the ones in the Paper Marip games. It was slightly more fair because you actually have to opportuniy to block/dodge your opponent's attack, rather than standing there like an idiot and getting your ass kicked.

Tags: