Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ben Affleck To Don The Cowl in Superman V Batman 2015  (Read 9030 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Ben Affleck To Don The Cowl in Superman V Batman 2015
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »
Well, its on the first page so search isnt even needed xD
But its okay man, be better.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »
Well, its on the first page so search isnt even needed xD
But its okay man, be better.

Yeah I know it's alright, I'm just pretty distracted as of today and the last few days so my quick visual scan wasn't as good. But thanks :) I was thinking partly of like "I should have used ctrl+f" though lol.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »
But, but...he did Argo! He can do anything!

...or something.

(I wondered what WB would do with Batman after Nolan was done. Guess we know now. Yikes.)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
I didn't like Bale as Batman. He was great as Bruce Wayne, but not as Batman. "They're the same person!" Tell that to Bale and Nolan. Who started the whole growling voice thing anyway? Adam West was Bruce AND Batsy, not one then the other. If anything, he should just talk in a lower voice. Or if he's got all this money, why doesn't he just insert a voice modulator in his cowl? That would make more sense then going GWAR every time he suits up.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
I still think out of any film or television actor, Kevin Conroy did the best job (pre-Gotham Knights). They really had the right idea on that show where Batman is Bruce Wayne and that brooding, cold, and calculated nature is just how he is. When he's Bruce Wayne, it's an act, and his voice has a more upbeat tone. Every other movie or show seems to do it the opposite way—where Bruce is Bruce but when he has the Batman suit on, he has to use some stupid method to disguise his voice. Bale is probably the worst offender with his ridiculous gravel voice.

Ben Affleck is a good director, but even in Argo his acting was wooden and just not very interesting. I can't see him playing Batman because he's a bit of a powderpuff.

Francis speaks:

Francis Rages about Ben Affleck as Batman
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »
Francis ought to be the next Batman, by the way.

Francis is EXCITED FOR BATMAN! Fat Batman, Fatman
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
My pick would be someone relatively unknown and about Cavill's age (thought that's secondary). To hell with the established glamour marionettes. They're not hungry anymore. They don't have enough at stake. Even if Affleck would do an ok job as Batman (he won't), he can count on a cushy future. With a newcomer, you can bet he would give his everything to get every detail right.

Get someone who can act, looks like Bruce Wayne, has learned the essentials of Batman's character history and, if possible, is himself a Batman fanatic.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 02:41:50 AM »
Get someone who can act, looks like Bruce Wayne, has learned the essentials of Batman's character history and, if possible, is himself a Batman fanatic.

That is difficult. Hollywood simple adores big names. The director must back up the said newcomer to the producer and hope that the producers agree. A lot of aspiring young actors don't get to make it to Hollywood because of that problem even if they are really good.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 02:48:58 AM »
Most of the times, yes. But sometimes things happen. Like with Cavill.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 02:52:17 AM »
Most of the times, yes. But sometimes things happen. Like with Cavill.

He should thank his lucky stars, since that is a rare occurrence.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »
Yeah, but not just luck. He actively pursued the role.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 03:17:11 AM »
+1
Maybe instead of Ben Affleck to play Batman, why not the Aflac duck instead.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
That is difficult. Hollywood simple adores big names. The director must back up the said newcomer to the producer and hope that the producers agree. A lot of aspiring young actors don't get to make it to Hollywood because of that problem even if they are really good.

This is very much the case. In that retrospective, the giant machination known as Hollywood needs to fall in order for new actors with undiscovered, natural talent to be given the chance they deserve.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
I would just drag out Adam West to play Batman again, who cares if he's like 80.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »
From a recent issue of Daredevil. Not a shop.

Either Marvel's got spies in WB or Mark Waid's a fricking prophet.

I would just drag out Adam West to play Batman again, who cares if he's like 80.

I'd get him for Bruce Wayne in a Dark Knight Returns adaptation. Not even joking.

Tags: