Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975310 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1005 on: May 12, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »
Welcome back, Darth Cariss! :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1006 on: May 12, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »
Remember when people were calling IGA sexist? And now we have Shanoa and Miriam as protagonists in consecutive games. Where are those people now?

I'm still here as well  :D

Maybe in some small we've managed to convince IGA the need for equality in our games. Shanoa was a big step for him, no doubt about it. But I had hoped for a long time that it should have come much sooner, while he and the series was at it's height. Ah well...better late then never I suppose. At least he's been trying now with this new creation of his.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1007 on: May 12, 2015, 05:48:06 PM »
+1
Self important and egotistical as always... I should not be surprised, as much as I am face palming right now.

Also, I can't keep up with like 8 pages a day. Too much, the hype train wont slow down.

This kickstarter in gif form. I'm ok with this.
(click to show/hide)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1008 on: May 12, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »
I'm actually Iga in disguise. And I can say Crisis is a liar. I made SotN thanks to OA. Cecil went back in time and inspired me to make it.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1009 on: May 12, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
Hopefully my computer can play this when it comes out.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1010 on: May 12, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »
I'm actually Iga in disguise. And I can say Crisis is a liar. I made SotN thanks to OA. Cecil went back in time and inspired me to make it.

So they still failed miserably, since even with a time machine or something similar they couldn't make the 1999 game happen lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #1011 on: May 12, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »
It is such an exciting way for making a come back. I am super glad that this is happening, and hope it would eventually see the light of day. Two years is a long wait but I am sure it will be worth it.
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1012 on: May 12, 2015, 08:33:20 PM »
By the way, has IGA ever said any comments regarding speedrunners breaking his games sideways with glitches and whatnot?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1013 on: May 12, 2015, 09:13:54 PM »
By the way, has IGA ever said any comments regarding speedrunners breaking his games sideways with glitches and whatnot?

Yes. In the KindaFunny stream, he said that he feels happy (in a snarky way, I believe) when someone breaks the game somewhere where the code related to it is not his. And then he "feels sorry" (in a "forgive me senpai!" way) when the game is broken in a way related to something he coded.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1014 on: May 12, 2015, 10:27:42 PM »
+4
This now has more money than Yooka-Laylee (albeit less backers), which is pretty cool since the latter has people from Donkey friggin' Kong Country - arguably a "bigger deal" than Castlevania for most people.

I honestly didn't expect this, mainly because we were told for quite some time that the later IGAvanias weren't that successful or popular, so I started to believe it. I blame Dave Cox, among others, for this. Though I guess the games didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire, but it was most likely because of shitty marketing. Bloodstained has already had more marketing than any CV in recent memory, even if most of it was word-of-mouth and viral things.

Kickstarter is fab.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:29:20 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1015 on: May 12, 2015, 10:44:04 PM »
Don't know if someone raised this issue before, but aren't those goals a bit disappointing? And tiers quite expensive? (Second one at $28? Not surprising this KS gets a LOT of money.)

As for goals, do they really need $25K to put cheat codes in the game? $100K for ONE optional boss? $250K for a Boss Rush mode, that could be in the initial game (like for CV games)??
I know that they'll use money for other stuff too, but I'm disappointed. I'd be more okay with $100K = new area/section, or a unique new mode (not Boss Rush or other character ; Speed Run mode sounds neat though, if it's not just a timer on the top of the screen...) but this sounds a little disappointing compared to other KS campaigns.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1016 on: May 12, 2015, 10:48:34 PM »
This now has more money than Yooka-Laylee (albeit less backers), which is pretty cool since the latter has people from Donkey friggin' Kong Country - arguably a "bigger deal" than Castlevania for most people.

I honestly didn't expect this, mainly because we were told for quite some time that the later IGAvanias weren't that successful or popular, so I started to believe it. I blame Dave Cox, among others, for this. Though I guess the games didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire, but it was most likely because of shitty marketing. Bloodstained has already had more marketing than any CV in recent memory, even if most of it was word-of-mouth and viral things.

Kickstarter is fab.

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, fangamer deserves a *lot* of credit. Their marketing was fantastic.

Don't know if someone raised this issue before, but aren't those goals a bit disappointing? And tiers quite expensive? (Second one at $28? Not surprising this KS gets a LOT of money.)

As for goals, do they really need $25K to put cheat codes in the game? $100K for ONE optional boss? $250K for a Boss Rush mode, that could be in the initial game (like for CV games)??
I know that they'll use money for other stuff too, but I'm disappointed. I'd be more okay with $100K = new area/section, or a unique new mode (not Boss Rush or other character ; Speed Run mode sounds neat though, if it's not just a timer on the top of the screen...) but this sounds a little disappointing compared to other KS campaigns.

I feel ya, Chernabogue. I wonder if it's because they weren't expecting things to heat up this fast, though. I bet they didn't think they'd reach all the initial stretch goals in *less than a day,* so they had to come up with some new ones real fast without thinking deeply about them. D:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1017 on: May 12, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »
Yup. And putting lower numbers on that would be pointless since they'd just fill up really fast. My only real worry for this game is that it's only gonna be like 5-8 hours like the original Igavanias, and I really hope it's not that short for how much we're spending and how long we're waiting. The extras like other difficulties and such will definitely make it much better, but a longer main campaign would be nice too, even if it was just up to 10-12 hours.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1018 on: May 12, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »
Yeah, some stretch goals are pretty weird and vague. I think what should be done on kickstarter like this is to have a very clear vision of what the bare minimum content is, and communicate it to the backers.

Like: "The core experience for $500 000 gives you 10 areas, 13 bosses."
Then it gets easier to understand what the money is for. If they have a stretch goal that says "Two outdoor areas/Explore the outside of the castle" or "An additional boss + room in the Clock Tower" it makes more sense. I think Mighty No.9 handled this pretty well, at least initially.

Anyway, that's my opinion. But I realize that this is the problem with Kickstarters. The game is not finished yet, but at least they should have a rough plan on how big the core game is, and what the content is.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:47:01 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1019 on: May 12, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
Well, about initial goals, i believe that they didn't expect to reach them so soon, so they came with them, just to earn some time and think something better or to see what people would like to see as stretch goals. Now about the art direction, it reminds very much Vagrant Story and i like that, also you can't judge a games art direction with only 4 concept art pictures. Last about the thing of Iga being a sexist, while he has told that a female protagonist is weak, he might not have done a game before OoE that was having a female protagonist, not because he didn't want it, but because maybe Konami didn't gave him the green light.

Thus the canceled Resurrection for the DC, just saying.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything