Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DmC  (Read 16391 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:05:30 PM »
So who has it? What do yall think?

I just bought it and the graphix are superb. I hear they look better on the 360 but whatever. Combat is fluid and i'm having fun thus far

and when Dante receives the white hair wig, he DOES take it off & says "not in a million years"  >:( >:(

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
I haven't picked it up yet. Figured I pick up the better action game with a properly white haired protagonist next month than this.  :P

WARNING: GRAPHIC
(click to show/hide)

But I have heard good things about it, so I'll probably pick it up later.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: DmC
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
+1
I haven't played it because it isn't my style of game, but I have been watching a playthrough on youtube and it looks well done.  I just don't like Dante's new appearance and I think the scene with the white wig was just the makers of the game trolling the fans of the older games who are currently throwing a fits because of the reboot.
To be honest, I liked the old Dante better.  He was more badass and his attitude was...well it wasn't emo like this new Dante.  Gameplay and abilities are cool, but the character design sucks.  Story seems good, but I'm reserving final opinion of it until I see the rest of the game.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »
+1
I think the scene with the white wig was just the makers of the game trolling the fans of the older games who are currently throwing a fits because of the reboot.
Rebooting a series into a "RAWR GRIMDARK" setting is one thing, actively going "lol fuck u old fans" is another. Seriously Tameem, stop making it harder for us to give you a second chance.

EDIT: Also...
Why DmC's Dante is a Bad Character
To compare this with another reboot we're all familiar with, Lords was merely polarizing, this...what the hell?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:22:21 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »
Dafuq game is that, Cruel?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
Watched a Youtube playthrough. Plot wasn't as cringeworthy as I'd expected, though it has its SMH moments. From my time with the demo the combat seems pretty good actually, and there was a quick video someone made of a legitimately awesome combo sequence. I'd say my main complaints are the completely weaksauce bosses, some really obnoxious enemies that I just want to kill off rather than style on (those dumbass cherubs), and that the plot for all its ridiculousness is way too straight faced.

The similarities to DMC2 really make me laugh though. Demon executive, floaty jumping physics, slower gameplay, boss made out of pieces of a building, later levels that look normal except for demon poop or something being strewn everywhere; even one of the battle themes sounds nearly identical.

Tameem and Capcom's verbal diarrhea of a PR plan still piss me off (hm, this sounds familiar, oh wait Street Fighter X Tekken), and I'm holding off buying it until there's some confirmation of continuing the old series with DMC5. Even Cox's "Jump on the train or get left behind" comment was restrained in comparison. (Though in Tameem's defense, I sure as hell wouldn't want to take on a series like Devil May Cry, and I'd be pretty ireful too if my work was shat on the second it left the gate.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:15:44 PM by Munchy »

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
I cannot connect with the main character at all.  :P
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
+1
BTW, since he wrote his name as "FUCK YOU" in the bouncer's list, is it okay if we call him "FUCK YOU"?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 08:55:50 AM »
This is how I beat the Hunter in DmC

Do I really need to go on in saying that this game fucking sucks? Go out and buy Devil May Cry HD collection and then buy Metal Gear Rising next month. Don't bother with this terrible excuse for a Devil May Cry game.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 09:16:44 AM »
Dafuq game is that, Cruel?
The game I'm waiting for, as Rugal mentioned, is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DE7HenZiBo

If you're asking about the screenshot specifically, I think's it's a photoshop using a still from an earlier trailer and pasting Dante over it.

Do I really need to go on in saying that this game fucking sucks? Go out and buy Devil May Cry HD collection and then buy Metal Gear Rising next month. Don't bother with this terrible excuse for a Devil May Cry game.
Reminds me of some of the fights from DMC2...
Devil May Cry 2 - easy & lazy way to defeat Plutonian boss
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:24:24 AM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 10:57:30 AM »
+4
Do I really need to go on in saying that this game fucking sucks?
All you do is bitch. I can't wait till LoS2/MoF is released to see you shit on every aspect of them for not being "true" Castlevanias. Why are you so condescending all the time? I mean you're totally entitled to your opinion but they're just games, have fun with them instead of tearing them apart for once dude (when the LoS2 trailer came out you went absolutely bat-shit crazy like sacrilege has been committed). Yeah the game has it's issues but I'm enjoying the game for what it is and it's fun-factor, rather than hating it for what it isn't.

Lame boss aside, the gameplay is intuitive, the narrative is good thus far but I don't like how the camera zooms in every time you get the deathblow on an enemy. DMC4 Dante will kick this guys ass, I'd love to see them in a future game together
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:12:18 AM by crisis »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »
I kinda like it. It's fun and looks great. I don't understand why people would say it's terrible. I like white hair too, but it's not a deal-breaker. That would be ridiculous. I'm happy Ninja Theory has finally made a good game. Didn't see it coming.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 04:46:38 PM »
I didn't actually dig the combat at all in the demo, but I might buy the game because of Beingthehero's signature.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
All you do is bitch. I can't wait till LoS2/MoF is released to see you shit on every aspect of them for not being "true" Castlevanias. Why are you so condescending all the time? I mean you're totally entitled to your opinion but they're just games, have fun with them instead of tearing them apart for once dude (when the LoS2 trailer came out you went absolutely bat-shit crazy like sacrilege has been committed). Yeah the game has it's issues but I'm enjoying the game for what it is and it's fun-factor, rather than hating it for what it isn't.

Lame boss aside, the gameplay is intuitive, the narrative is good thus far but I don't like how the camera zooms in every time you get the deathblow on an enemy. DMC4 Dante will kick this guys ass, I'd love to see them in a future game together

I can see you have very low standards, or none at all. By saying "the narrative is good" I can't really take you seriously. The gameplay is dumbed down completely from past titles and is lacking. DMC: Devil May Cock is mediocre at best and when put next to quality games such as DMC1, DMC3, Bayonetta, DMC4, those games just shit all over DmC. The dialogue in DmC is a fucking joke man and the sad part is, it takes itself seriously. Vergil: "I have a bigger dick" seriously? It's like they asked a group of middle school students to write the script to this game. I could post another video where the final boss walks circles around Dante and doesn't even attack him, but that would be spoilers. It's utterly pathetic.

You know what else is funny? DMC HD collection is selling more than DmC on Amazon. I'm sorry if you don't know what a good game is anymore, but DmC certainly isn't it. Here is a spoiler I will post though. Spoilers: You wasted $60. Go play Bayonetta or Anarachy Reigns until Metal Gear comes out. I for one don't appreciate being patronized by Capcom and Ninja Theory. Devil May Cry didn't need a fucking reboot, especially now with this utter tripe they gave to us this time.

Here. This guy said it better than I ever could: (WARNING SPOILERS)

"   

For all of the defenders trying to shoot down the 'the combat is bad' complaints, I'm not sure what standard you're going by, but the standard of the series and the genre in general is far higher than the tripe that we got handed to us. It was watered down, boring combat that you could basically sleep through, not to mention the game was PAINFULLY easy even on the highest difficulties. Remember the Vergil vs Dante fight in DMC3? That was a thrilling, exciting and PROPER ending to a game. Vergin in DmC was incredibly easy, boring and slow paced, even on the highest difficulties.

As for the 'story', I agree that the series has never had a STELLAR 10/10 BEAUTIFUL WOULD READ AGAIN story, but neither does this one. The characters are all unlikeable besides the old black guy (can't remember his name) that comes in towards the middle of the game. Vergil is contrived and gives off this air of being an obnoxious wanker, Donte is.. well, Donte. I feel like they couldn't settle on a character for him, was he an edgy FUCK YOU teenager? A kid with a rough child hood rising above it? An antagonistic douchebag? The answer is all of them, because they couldn't be fucking concrete with him and his personality.

By the way, to all of the people saying that 'Ninja Theory does amazing stories', look at their history. The only notably good stories they've done were outsourced to far more capable writers, like Enslaved. And it shows. Not only is DmC a poorly written game with cringeworthy dialogue, but it doesn't try and dial it back and go ''Hey, guys! We're MEANT to be corny and a parody!" it takes itself SERIOUSLY, which is laughable in of itself. Outside of the notable lines like 'wet chunks', 'fuck you', 'you're an asshole', etc, the dialogue is bland and monotone or just plain not interesting. Having gone through the entire game from start to finish, I never felt enthralled by anything that was going on and simply laughed at the idiocy that was going on in my television more than caring about the story.

A review score, though? 5/10 to anybody interested in an action game that is more than just a surface of edginess and buzz. 7/10 to casuals that don't want to dig deep into a combat system and enjoy a fun, carefree game with interesting characters."

Oh.. and as for LoS.. The moment they revealed it, sacrilege WAS COMMITTED AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED AAAHAHAHAHAHHA! I'll get it when it shows up in the bargain bin at my local cd trader shop for $10 like LoS1 is right now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:24:11 AM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »
^this is coming from a guy that thinks Dynasty Warriors is a good series. lol.

once again, all you do is bitch.
Bitch Bitch Bitch
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:39:09 AM by crisis »

Tags: