Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Costume ideas  (Read 5024 times)

discoron77

Costume ideas
« on: October 08, 2007, 07:56:45 PM »
Hey guys, I was thinking of being a member of the Belmont clan for Halloween. My top candidates are Richter, Trevor, or Simon. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could wear, or where I could purchase stuff for these outfits?

Edit: I guess I should note, I have no sewing experience.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:39:32 PM by discoron77 »

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Costume ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »
If you can sew you could make Richter's outfit.

If not, make a suit of armor out of cardboard and go as the original Simon.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »
You should disguise yourself as Paranoia instead.
Paranoia > Belmont.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »
Or you could dress up like yourself and say you're a Doppelganger.

But if you insist on being a Belmont, I'd go with Richter.
Spiffy White Bandanna > everything else
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »
In Reply To #1

Ive got my own Belmont (Aridale) outfit I made years ago. Its completely custom designed but its not too far removed from Richters look. Its not that hard at all to make if youve got even a lil experience with sewing.

I buy all my cloth and stuff from walmart only place Ive bought any material for probably 10 years and Ive made 4-5 whole costumes and just finished my 4th coat for when it gets cool out again.

As for buyin stuff already made and tryin to do it that way I wouldnt recommend it. Any costume thats not gonna cost you 100s of dollars will be made of really cheap light materials and are only suited for just that one time. Theyll probably rip or tear or parts fall off if you do anything more than sit on the couch while wearin em.

Its cheaper and well worth the time invested to make your own stuff and you can use better materials so itll last. Like I said I made my Belmont outfit probably 7 years ago or so and its all still just like the day I finished it.

Ive got a custom designed batman outfit I made thats even older and other than a few simple repairs to the mask its still in perfect condition.

As far as cost goes it probably hasnt cost me more than 40-50 bucks to make any of the stuff Ive made and the Belmont outfit has lots of parts made with real leather. Somethin similar (couldnt find it cause its one of a kind - another reason to make your own stuff) would probably cost 200-300 dollars.

mgfcortez

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »
In Reply To #5

i'd like to make my own alucard suit just like the real thing not a cheap rip off.
but i don't think i'd have the sewing skills to do it:(
oh well good luck:)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »
I had to commission my CoD Trevor costume and half of my PoR Eric Lecarde costume for cosplay. The more recent outfits from the various games are damn tough to recreate if you're not a seasoned sewing expert. Though, I will be trying my hand at making SotN Richter by myself.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 10:15:18 AM »
In Reply To #7

I agree I thought about makin a more casual "wouldnt get looked at funny in public" version of trevors coat from CoD and its very complicated.

Ill have to get a sewin machine before I attempt anything like that all my other stuff is hand sewn.

Tags:

anything